It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Merkel waking up to reality - maybe Italy is right - EU is not your friend -

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: oloufo

I was being about 50% facetious but ok. You know there's free online language applications right?

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

my point is: go outside and talk to people in real life. be curious. i'v talked to so called refugees, they all speak english. everyone has his personal story. human beeings. like you and me.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: oloufo

you people have no clue. most of the germans are ok with merkel. and there is no civilwar going on and there are no massrapings and so on. the sun is shining, and most of us are working right now. i'm awake. you?

After reading posts here for a while you get a good grasp on who travels and who laps up whatever media induced garbage has been dished up. Americans are the worst as they travel the least.

I completely agree. Travel would get people to open their eyes. Americans likely are the worst because of the media and many actually listening to it.

What's funny is how many non Americans I see saying how bad we are when they have never been here either.

It's kind of like those that say the world is overpopulated. They must not travel much because there are VAST swaths of land the world over that have little to no people on them.

Hell...here just outside of one of the largest cities in the US i regularly see 10's to 1000's of acres of land on the market....and only 20+ minutes outside of I285.

It's like people move into the city or into a bad area and suddenly that is the entire world.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: BotheLumberJack

i know, but i'm lazy sometimes.

facetious. a new word.(:

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: oloufo

treating serious issues with deliberately inappropriate humor; flippant

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: BotheLumberJack

No not a bad guy just ignorant, do you believe in no go zones also?.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   
We have a joke in Denmark about how different nationalities in Europe would solve a problem.

In this joke each person – a Dane, an Englishman, a Norwegian, a Swede, a French, an Italian, a Russian and of course a German – gets presented by a big awful knot that they must straight out. Each nationality has their own way to do this.
Some of them make plans how to do it, some tries to look at it from different perspectives to find the solution, some just gets right to it and see if they can figure it out on the way and so on.

The German tho - what will the German do?

That is very easy. The German will simply throw the knot to the ground, stand on it and ask: What knot, I can’t see any knot?

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope

And you got that impression from Australias newspapers, and the guardian and so on.

Impressive.

Thats like me telling the USA to drop Trump because my local newspaper told me that he can't keep his voters as the tariffs are hurting them. But I would not post this, because I am about four thousand kilometers apart from you.

The funny thing is that you'll do better with the condescending crap than they do, given the right twisted meaning for "better" and all that. However. Let the kraut hit the fan, Bananenrepublicans unite!

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Italy is right, but not for the reasons you have in mind.

Mediterranean countries Italy and Greece have taken the brunt of migrant and asylum seeker arrivals to Europe in recent years. Most people seeking refuge arriving in Italy used to continue their journeys to northern Europe. However, the introduction of EU-backed processing centers to ensure migrants are identified at their first entry point in Europe, along with stricter border controls implemented by France, Switzerland and Austria, created barriers along this well-worn route.

The situation has resulted in some 160,000 migrants, who would rather leave Italy, being stuck in the country.

DW

You see how the South of Europe is being left alone with this, do you? Furthermore, why shouldn't they propose 'stricter border laws' themselves now?
I like the way they included foreign vessels in this new loaded gun they pointed at their own head. Das Muttikel was perfectly aware of the dire situation for years, but the "Schwarze Null" and "TINA" austerity was way more important for her administration. A rather predictable move from the new gubmint in Italy, we saw similar revolts in Greece a few times already.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: oloufo

you people have no clue. most of the germans are ok with merkel. and there is no civilwar going on and there are no massrapings and so on. the sun is shining, and most of us are working right now. i'm awake. you?

After reading posts here for a while you get a good grasp on who travels and who laps up whatever media induced garbage has been dished up. Americans are the worst as they travel the least.

Very true. I grow tired of being lectured about another countries healthcare and immigration systems by lefties that have never left the country.

edit on 9-7-2018 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

I can't fathome a single Kraut Leftist that hasn't left his country for vacation or something. Actually, I start to think that this phrase "The Left" stems from "he left". Another good phrase lost in translation to some morons overseas.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Italy is right, but not for the reasons you have in mind.

Oh I know, we came back from a holiday in Italy & Greece a couple of months ago. The recent Italian election was interesting to say the least. Speaking to the locals in the South the problems are varied. The usual contempt of the South by Rome. Politicians self interest and kickbacks before anything gets done. For a while there there was talk of dividing Italy in 2.

In Greece the usual resignation by the people, too little too late but they still have their spirit. Co operation between employers and employees in sharing the load. Wage cuts of 40-50% but it keeps the business viable in turn some of their wages are paid tax free under the table.
Weakening tourism dollar as other parts of Europe become favourable destinations.
Aging infrastructure that needed fixing years ago. Now with austerity measures, don't see much chance of improvements there. Young Greeks that get through Uni head for Germany which has a plenty of work for Engineers and Techs.

The refugees don't hang around Italy and Greece long if they can help it. They know that ultimately they want to get to or England - better social security and healthcare.

My main point of the thread is that they can keep denying that there is a problem, the rise of Nationalism and minor parties coming to the forefront is surely a sign of peoples discontent and mistrust of EU traitors in their own midst.

I've seen the arguments that immigrants grow the economy. What they fail to mention is the immigrants that dont find work and resort to theft and B & E and violence. Or a lowering of wages due to an expanded labour pool.

en.wikipedia.org...

Traini stated that the attack was "revenge" for Pamela Mastropietro, an 18-year-old Roman woman whose dismembered body had been found few days earlier, stuffed into two suitcases and dumped in the countryside; for this, three Nigerian drug dealers were arrested, the main suspect being 29-year-old failed asylum seeker, named Innocent Oseghale.[71][72] Missing body parts had sparked allegations of the murder having been a muti killing, also involving cannibalism.[73]

The case sparked anger and anti-immigrant sentiment in Macerata. Traini's lawyer reported "alarming solidarity" for Traini expressed by the populace, while Mastropietro's mother publicly thanked Traini for "lighting a candle" for her daughter.[74] A second autopsy of the girl's remains, published after the attack against the African migrants, revealed that Mastropietro had been strangulated, stabbed, and then flayed while still alive.[75] The murder of Mastropietro and the attack by Traini, and their appraisal by Italian media and the public were "set to become a decisive factor" in the national elections.[76]

Traini was a member and former local candidate of the Lega, and many political commentators, intellectuals and politicians harshly criticized party leader Matteo Salvini, in connection with the attack, accusing him of having "spread hate and racism" in the country. Particularly, Roberto Saviano, the notable anti-mafia writer, labeled Salvini as the "moral instigator" of Traini's attack.[77] Salvini responded to critics by accusing the centre-left government of responsibility for Mastropietro’s death through allowing migrants to stay in the country and having "blood on their hands", asserting that the blame lies with those who "fill [Italy] with illegal immigrants".[78]

Prime Minister Gentiloni stated that he "trusts in the sense of responsibility of all political forces. Criminals are criminals and the state will be particularly harsh with anyone that wants to fuel a spiral of violence." Gentiloni added that "hate and violence will not divide Italy".[79] Also, Minister of the Interior Marco Minniti harshly condemned the attack against the Africans, saying that any political party must "ride the hate".[80] Renzi, whose party was also accused about its position on immigration, stated that "calm and responsibility" from all political forces would now be necessary

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion
a reply to: Wardaddy454

I can't fathome a single Kraut Leftist that hasn't left his country for vacation or something. Actually, I start to think that this phrase "The Left" stems from "he left". Another good phrase lost in translation to some morons overseas.

well, by that logic the phrase "the right" would stem from "he's right".

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Frankly? None of this poses a real problem like pollution, Global Warming or FckUshima. A few EU commissions warned all member states in advance, but due to austerity red tape madness they didn't pay the bills to prepare for the consequences of their little War with Terror. It's a wave of corruption and thus part of a bigger problem.
"They" used (fake) terror attacks and "incompetence" tactics in order to justify the Fortress Europe and the resulting buildup of a Brave New Nanny State in a constant state of emergency. This push for nationalisim and authoritarian politics is just the next step in a textbook development to further divide & conquer the people.
Nationalism breeds more homegrown terror, thus "they" will be able to finally crack down on all kinds of opposition for the sake of our security. And it's happening already. Meanwhile... a few ATSliens are trying to wrap their heads around the riddle, on why poor and young immigrants without work permit could be prone to criminal behaviour.

Look! Merkelnix is waking up, finally! It's not the case that her austerity madness, or the extremely neoconservative plans from the AfD for that matter, would be an essential part of our problem. Nothing to see here, don't you dare to think about controlled opposition now. Everything is OK!

*drops the megaphone*

edit on 10-7-2018 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Girl: I wanted a cat
Salvini: What?
Girl: White
Salvini: Bravo

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Bravo!

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Yep yep and yep to most of the above

Nationalism breeds more homegrown terror,

Nationalism is a reaction to peoples perception of the lowering of their standard of living, coupled with the odd possibly homegrown terror attack ( whether the Security forces are complicit or not ). Throw at it a load of multiculturalism, ripping up statues of National heroes or icons, dilute their cultural heritage and people will react.

Whether it is controlled opposition or not ultimately the State gains more power and control over the Populace. Sad state of affairs.

Thank you for that video

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   

You are welcome, that was unexpected. Good for us!

Nationalism is a reaction to peoples perception of the lowering of their standard of living, coupled with the odd possibly homegrown terror attack ( whether the Security forces are complicit or not ).

It's a scripted reaction to open up a road to war, the human experience knows no such thing as borders. We saw the same wave of nationalism wash away any rational debate on the eve of WW1 or WW2, this should be a no-brainer at this point in history.
And the standart of living is stagnating at best, just take a quick glance at the wealth distribution in case of doubt. How is the isolation of pristine nation states going to tackle the oligarchy in a globalised world? The answer to that question should explain why this promotion of nationalism is a blatant lie in my book.

Throw at it a load of multiculturalism, ripping up statues of National heroes or icons, dilute their cultural heritage and people will react.

... just like the lemmings are supposed to do. Statues and white heritage are not exactly the most pressing issues at hand, are they? Only controlled minds, who have been duped into perceiving them as such, are willing enough to fight a useless fight over a bunch of symbols in landscapes. Your white heritage is a polluted planet with exploited people in a raging class-struggle, live with it?

I think it's important that you chose the word "react" twice here, because that's what this is. It's not people taking (political) action into their own hands with the occupation of topics or places, like Antifa Portland did with the occupation of ICE for example.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 11:45 PM
link   

I have some friends in the E.U.
I won't specify the Countries.
I will mention that some of them are
teachers/teachers assistants.
Their job is to educate/integrate the children
of the migrants,refugees,and invaders.

For the most part, they enjoy the interaction
with the children. The adults are another story.
There are exceptions of course.

So there it is.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join