It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Merkel waking up to reality - maybe Italy is right - EU is not your friend -

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Are we seeing the beginnings of a Gates of Vienna II?
Is the line in the sand finally being drawn in Europe?

One can only hope some sense has shaken these EU traitors to their own constituencies.

European migration blamed for spike in populism, as extremists eye EU elections
www.abc.net.au...
06/07/2018

“Long before the current European political crisis, with Bavaria's CSU party this week bringing coalition government in Germany to the verge of collapse, the rest of Europe should have better helped Germany with the wave of a million refugees that arrived here in 2015-16.

It's sometimes said, usually by observers not in Germany, that the migration debate is not about numbers. But it certainly is, in part.”

“The reality the populists — proudly anti-should — claim to see with an Ancient Mariner-type clarity lost on the rest of us, is that the reason for the AfD, Italy's hardline Interior Minister and a far-right vice-chancellor in Austria, is that voters put them there.

Moderate conservatives and liberals may consider their advent a nasty joke thrown up by the system, but there it is.” “Pro-immigration politicians 'haven't done enough”

Germany's Angela Merkel at a crossroads as anti-immigrant sentiment grows
www.abc.net.au...

“Her open borders policy saw more than 1 million refugees flood into the country in 2015. Now, despite falling migration figures, many Germans believe she is putting Europe ahead of her own country.

In Bavaria, a rising anti-Merkel and anti-immigrant sentiment, triggered by the insurgent Alternativ fur Deutschland (AfD) party, is gaining support as the state moves towards regional elections.

How those elections play out could have ramifications across an already splintering Europe.

Backed into a corner, Ms Merkel must decide whether to sacrifice her "Open Europe" ethos or compromise her beliefs to save her political career.”

www.express.co.uk...
‘Help us or else’ Italy’s deputy PM issues chilling warning to EU over migrant crisis

ITALY’S new Deputy Prime Minister Matteo Salvini has issued a “help us or else” warning to the EU over the migrant crisis - a day after declaring the country was not “Europe’s refugee camp”.
Mon, Jun 4, 2018 |

He warned the EU: “The landings and the reception of hundreds of thousands of 'non-refugees' can not continue to be an Italian problem only.“Either Europe gives us a hand to secure our country, or we will have to choose other routes.”

Yesterday Mr Salvini travelled to Sicily, one of the country’s most prominent refugee landing points, to further push the anti-immigration rhetoric that propelled him to power.

Speaking in the town of Pozzallo, he said: “Italy and Sicily cannot be Europe's refugee camp.

“Nobody will take away my certainty that illegal immigration is a business and seeing people make money on children who go on to die makes me furious.”

SOROS-SPONSORED IMMIGRATION NETWORK EXPOSED IN ITALY
Posted on March 24, 2018, 9:07 am

sovereignnations.com...

Why is there a migrant crisis in the Mediterranean? Why are NGOs involved? Because there is an extensive network of open borders activists and organizations behind it; many of them are directly funded by or cooperated with George Soros’ Open Society. Is it illegal? Not really. Political activism is an essential part of democratic societies. However, sometimes it goes too far, or the promoted causes prove to be either unrealistic or unsustainable.

The network of the “immigration lobby’’ in Italy is made up of International NGOs financed by the Open Society Foundation (green), Italian NGOs financed by OSF (blue), and organizations with shared projects with OSF (purple).

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Note the date - the EU had plenty of time to get their house in order.

Italy immigration crisis leads to calls for change in EU agreement

www.abc.net.au...

Wednesday 27 April 2011

Around 25,000 refugees from strife-torn North Africa have arrived in southern Italy since the beginning of the year, and many more are expected in the coming months. Now the French President and the Italian Prime Minister want to rewrite part of a treaty in the European Union agreement in order to stop these migrants moving freely across Europe

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Did Angela Merkel ever put this Migrant Bribe program into effect?

Angela Merkel will offer cash handouts worth millions of pounds for migrants to leave Germany in an effort to silence criticism of her ‘open-door’ border policy.

In a highly-embarrassing U-turn over the ill-fated plan, which saw 1.2million migrants flock to the country, Mrs Merkel has now vowed to send many of them home.

The German chancellor agreed a package of measures to speed up the deportation process for an estimated 450,000 migrants who have been rejected asylum.
From Feb 2017: www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Europe must change its attitude to Africa to address migrant crisis

www.irishtimes.com...

Jul 7, 2018
A collapse of trust by fearful citizens in the capacity and willingness of political leaders to restore orderly procedures and policies on migration underlies the success of anti-immigration parties in Italy, Germany, Austria, Slovenia and Hungary.

Anti-migrant hatred

A further paradox is highlighted in a research paper from the Central European University in Budapest by Vera Messing and Bence Ságvári. Using survey data from the European Social Survey of 20 countries in 2014-15, they show that trust is the most significant factor explaining attitudes towards migrants.

Trust in fellow citizens and in institutions such as parliaments, political parties, the judiciary and police are central to the feeling of safety that allows acceptance of and solidarity with migrants. Where this is weak citizens are prone to anti-migrant hatred.

How can there be trust when Politicians turn a blind eye only admitting no go zones exist when its too late.

Swedish Police Admit Losing Control Of 55 No-Go Zones

www.breitbart.com...

Angela Merkel admits German NO-GO zones are 'a REALITY'

www.express.co.uk...

ANGELA Merkel has admitted German no-go zones are a “reality” in shocking comments which add to fears there are places in the country where outsiders and even police offices are afraid to visit.
Thu, Mar 1, 2018

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Do not be swayed - there will come into this thread the usual suspects - saying its all the Wests fault.

They overlook Jihad has already been declared against the decadent ways of the Apostate West.

They don't seek or want freedom of speech, a free press, or independent thinking.

www.nytimes.com...

Gilles Kepel, a French political scientist, was at home in Paris brushing his teeth one morning last June when his cellphone rattled on the sink.

It was a text from a journalist he knew: “I’m sorry to tell you this, but you’re on the death list.” Kepel turned toward his TV, which was already on, and the top story eliminated any confusion. A French-born jihadi named Larossi Abballa had murdered a police officer and his wife in a town west of Paris and then delivered a macabre speech on Facebook Live — with the couple’s 3-year-old child cowering nearby — in which he called for the killing of seven public figures.

The French media omitted the details, but an Interior Ministry official soon called with confirmation: Kepel’s name was near the top of the list. His initial feeling, he later told me, was “as if the subject I’ve been studying for 35 years had turned around to strike at me.” Within hours, he had a government security team assigned to guard him 24 hours a day. A similar death warrant was issued against him later that summer, elevating the sense of danger.

The threats came at an unusual turn in Kepel’s career. He has long been a prominent figure in the French intellectual world, a scholar whose face — a distinctive, narrow-eyed mask of polished sobriety — is often seen on TV news shows. But recently he has assumed a far more combative stance.

Kepel has argued that much of France’s left-leaning intelligentsia fails to understand the nature of the threat the country faces — not just from foreign terrorists but also from the Islamist provocateurs in its exurban ghettos, the banlieues. Unlike the Islam-bashing polemicists who haunt French opinion pages, Kepel brings a lifetime of scholarship to this argument.

He has always been careful to distinguish mainstream Islam from the hard-line Islamist ideologues of the banlieues, who have no real equivalent in the United States. He has long been a man of the left; his wife’s family is from North Africa, and he has no sympathy for the xenophobia of the right-wing National Front.

But he believes that radical Islamists are trying to shred France’s social fabric and foster a civil war, and that many leftists are unwittingly playing into their hands. This view has made him a target for almost everyone.

www.abc.net.au...:-uk-activists-work-to-get-blimp-flying-during-visit/9914002

"So when Trump visits the UK on Friday the 13th of July this year, we want to make sure he knows that all of Britain is looking down on him and laughing at him."

All of Britain?

I think not

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I couldn't find whether it was put in place.

The Bavarian region is holding her to account

www.dw.com...

Merkel is currently negotiating with her junior coalition partners, the Social Democrats, to gain approval of a compromise migrant plan hammered out between her conservative CDU and its Bavarian sister party, the CSU.

"Merkel Should Beware Bavarians, Not Populists"
foreignpolicy.com...

The terror attack in Berlin has rekindled the civil war between northern Germany and the land of lederhosen and Oktoberfest....

It is the latest manifestation in a two-century-old battle over leadership of the German region between North and South — or, more specifically, between Prussian Berlin and Bavarian Munich. This modern-era rivalry traces back to the Napoleonic Wars of the early 19th century, when Bavaria fought on the side of France against Prussia; as a reward for its help in Napoleon’s initial victories, the emperor made Bavaria a kingdom in 1806, a designation that survived until 1918. Sixty years later, Bavaria again went to war against Prussia, this time as an ally of Austria in a contest among German-speaking rivals over which power would determine the political future of the region.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Söder is just a prick, trying to install his own version of border patrol, which in itself is not in his jurisdiction as Ministerpräsident of Bavaria, but a part of national services.

Söder and Seehofer (being the home secretary of Germany) are both leaders (speaking in loose terms here) of the Bavarian party CSU, and in November they have the local votings in Bavaria going on. Söder is afraid of losing the very-right wing parts of the populations vote to the AfD, and tries to convinve people that he is in charge of all kinds of security in Bavaria. Seehofer is a bit more distanced from his homecountry Bavaria by working in Berlin, and as such does get in fights with Söder.

And btw: there are about 150 migrants coming in into Bavaria per month right now. Color me not impressed.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Angela Merkel is done within Germany . Awake or asleep.
There is the start of calls to have her removed.
It is the people of Germany that are waking up.
And most of the EU , for that matter.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

And you got that impression from Australias newspapers, and the guardian and so on.

Impressive.

Thats like me telling the USA to drop Trump because my local newspaper told me that he can't keep his voters as the tariffs are hurting them. But I would not post this, because I am about four thousand kilometers apart from you.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Is this a baseless rumor...that Angela Merkel is the daughter of Adolph H?

Evidence Fakery??: 50shadesofpissedoff.com...

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Adolf. Not Adolph. Very important point.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 02:02 AM
link   

I am questioning where to spend my
tourism dollars next,
Safely,Securely, and with Pleasure.

I had so much fun with a Eurail Pass and a Map.

Those were interesting and fun times.

www.eurail.com...

The World is as Dangerous as ever, is it not ?

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 02:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Is this a baseless rumor...that Angela Merkel is the daughter of Adolph H?

Evidence Fakery??: 50shadesofpissedoff.com...

I have read all that.
For now , my opinion is "pareidolia"

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 02:41 AM
link   

She was born in 1954 don't push utter crap.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 02:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope

Adolf. Not Adolph. Very important point.

Adolf Schicklgruber ????
Yes , I am old enough to remember...

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 02:52 AM
link   
The problem with this type of analysis is this...

> What is "popularism"? It seems to me that it's anything that challenges the incumbent elites.
> Has immigration caused "popularism"? No. It may be a contributory factor, but the fact the elites are out-of-touch is why people are no longer following their lead. Decisions over immigration is just one of the out-of-touch problems.

On the topic in hand. It is clear that Merkel and co. made a massive error of judgement by inviting the world to come to Germany. The EU lost control, and with it they have lost the confidence of many people who cannot understand why they (the citizens) have been bypassed in the decision-making process.

Immigration is healthy and has been happening for millennia. Mass and uncontrolled immigration is damaging to the host country. Has no-one learned this? Clearly not.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Wildmanimal

The World is as Dangerous as ever, is it not ?

Maybe yes maybe no.

Any comments on rising European pushback, just to stay on topic?

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 04:28 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

wahnsinn, wie hysterisch das alles ist. als münchner kann ich da echt nur müde lächeln.(:

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 04:32 AM
link   

you people have no clue. most of the germans are ok with merkel. and there is no civilwar going on and there are no massrapings and so on. the sun is shining, and most of us are working right now. i'm awake. you?

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 04:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: oloufo

you people have no clue. most of the germans are ok with merkel. and there is no civilwar going on and there are no massrapings and so on. the sun is shining, and most of us are working right now. i'm awake. you?

After reading posts here for a while you get a good grasp on who travels and who laps up whatever media induced garbage has been dished up. Americans are the worst as they travel the least.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join