It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harry S. Truman - press conference

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 10:07 PM
link   
No matter what you think about the MJ-12 Documents, this is what Harry Truman said in April 4, 1950 during a press conference in response to a question about flying saucers, and is a matter of public record:

"I can assure you that flying saucers, given the fact they exist, are not constructed by any power on earth." - Harry Truman

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Wasn't Truman the one that signed some Security Act in 1947? Same year as the Roswell crash. Coincidense? This allowed the government to classify subject "Top Secret" without any oversight. Did a search and could not find any links, saw that in a History Channel documentary. Anybody still think the government isn't hiding anything? I would like to see a source though.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 01:49 AM
link   
harry unwittingly made the dirty deal with the reps/greys.....

the national security counsil with harry made:
the US Airforce in 1947!
the CIA in 1947!
the AOE 1947! (atomic energy commision)
the DOE 1947! (dept of energy)
the NSA in 1952
the NASA in 1958

Also:
- ROSWELL - 1947!!!
- PROJECT PLUTO 1947! (Alien Life Forms)
- Manhattan Project 1947! (Atomic Bomb)
- invention of the transistor 1947!

just to name a few.....
i just took a guess and looked up things on google and most of the alphabet soup of america was made in guess what...1947....
go figure....

[edit on 21-2-2005 by lizzardsamok]

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 05:45 AM
link   
i have heard that some group of alien have told bush that if we, the state of america, dont get it to gether and we let things get too far out of hand that there will be a world war 3 and the usa will be the one who suffer most............i feel that if this is true why dont the government try to do something about this

and also what is this i hear that aliens have super omega advanced technology and hint us on how things work but wont full out give us the technology to copy and re-create.....whats up with that and why must we have to figure out the mathamatics our selfs?what will happen if one day a ufo (or a identified flying object for the government) crashes and cevilians find it and somehow recreate the likes of whats on this ship..?

(dont know is my source is true or not so lets say im making this up)

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a source would be awesome

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Thats crap - Truman was in the Florida Keys on the day of the supposed quote and never held a press conference

See:
www.trumanlibrary.org...
and:
www.presidentialufo.com...

on that matter

[edit on 21-2-2005 by JudahMaccabbi]

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Well in answer to your quesion, if aliens are real, my guess is if they saw the destruction we humans have done throughout history and still do everyday to one another would you give us humans everything you had? I doubt it if I were them I would want to maintain superiority over planet earth and her occupants. I would keep the big guns for my own protection.
And if they have given us technology but are making us figure it out maybe it is because they figure if we can't figure it out on our own maybe we are not intelligent enough to use it wisely. JMO

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Really am curious meshuggah1324, where I can find information on Truman's press conference on any meetings with EBEs. Your thread is the first I've heard about a Truman admission on this subject.

Though I feel he was very-much involved in the UFO problem along with Gen G. Marshall, who did make public in, I believe 1952, that their here, there real but cannot breath our air.
The death of James Forestall is another possible part of the puzzle.
Dallas

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   
It wasn't a press conference with EBEs or ETs. It was a human press conference and a reporter or someone in the conference asked him to comment on flying saucers. My source is the recent 2004 publication of the UFO Encyclopedia book. But they said it's a matter of public record, so go try and find it somewhere...?

[edit on 21-2-2005 by meshuggah1324]

new topics

top topics

join