It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman Shoots Man Trying To Steal Car With Her Kids Inside: Police

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

My reason:

Hitler, Stalin, Mao and Pol Pot executed 200 million of their own people just in the last 100 years. The first page of their "Mein Kampf" rule #1 states that they always take all the guns first so that once they begin killing everyone no one can fight back. Therefore, no amount of false flags, Obama look-a-likes, UN disarmament plots, bleeding hearts, schools shot up by "voice to skull" low-grade wannabe luciferian pretend MK-ULTRA basket-case teenagers getting their bitcoin wallet filled up by George Soros, etc. will ever disarm me while blood is still pumping through my veins.... once i'm dead they can have whatever they want, however, it's likely that it will cost the pathetic lives of dozens of disarmament peons before they "actually" effect stopping the blood from pumping through my veins. yeah but they can try o.0

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit

So, some here have openly stated that there is no reason a regular citizen needs to own and carry a personal firearm. Well, here is yet ANOTHER reason for this right here in America.

The MSM news runs hours AND DAYS of reports when children are killed by a gun. But merely a blurb news story and no discussions on the positive aspects of responsible ownership. No long drawn out discussions, are there?

Yea.. there is a reason for that. Because there are a lot more cases of people being attacked by guns, killing themselves with guns, and irresponsibly owning guns, than of these "omg guns are needed and here is proof!" stories. Could the woman have accomplished the same thing with a bottle of pepper spray? A taser? Only a gun would have achieved the results of getting the guy out of her car?

Not saying I mind she used a gun as her choice of self defense either. Just saying that these threads that try to glorify guns as the only possible self defense tool are ridiculous. And they further try to say cases like this one, proves that improved gun laws or better gun vetting are not necessary for that reason. Which makes no sense at all. There is a gun problem in the U.S. - doing literally nothing won't fix it.

You only think that there are more offensive than defensive uses because you never hear the 90%+ of stories like this since it does not actually make the news. It is against the gun grabbing agenda, so you are not told about them. Save some children with one, and silence for the most part. But, if some kids are Killed, OMG, you will here days of it broadcast by the MSM, and see mass protests.

So, therefore, you have just proved my point in my OP. Which is why I post these when I see them to show that, yes, there do happen frequently every single day. Open your eyes....the MSM is hiding these stories from you for a reason.

SMH

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: rollanotherone
While I like the presmise of this story, something doesn't sit well with "purchased the handgun hours earlier" and had it loaded and ready to go. I'm all for concealed carry and pro 2A, but that little addition to the story doesn't start well with me. On top of the fact she was able to draw on the assailant so easily. This story sounds too good to be true.

People would be surprised at how self preservation can motivate a person to precise action.

<< 2  3  4   >>

join