It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Scholar, Ye shall Know Him By His Fruit

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

thanks for that clarification that is what I thought.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

First, the Ephesians is the giving of the gifts, in 1Cor 12 it is Paul explaining the abuse of the gifts and that they are to have in order, you took it out of the context where Paul was rebuking them for their misuse. This line Paul lays out are how God did things The Apostles, Prophets and Teacher (also pastors) were to be considered primary to the service gifts of healings, tongues and Miracles which are secondary. Though I have witnessed Miracles even today much of it is no longer happening like there is no Prophecy happening in the sense of God speaking forth the new revelation to be added to scripture, and there is no use of Prophecy as in the prediction of events like a dearth/famine

Ac 11:28-30 And there stood up one of them named Agabus, and signified by the Spirit that there should be great dearth throughout all the world: which came to pass in the days of Claudius Caesar. Then the disciples, every man according to his ability, determined to send relief unto the brethren which dwelt in Judaea: Which also they did, and sent it to the elders by the hands of Barnabas and Saul.
All we need to know about our future is written in the NT Bible primarily under the teachings of Paul.

Now look at Romans the other list of gifts, prophecy was still happening during the time of Paul and ended with John the Beloved the brother of James the sons of Zebedee.

Roms 12:6-8 Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, whether prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion of faith; Or ministry, let us wait on our ministering: or he that teacheth, on teaching; Or he that exhorteth, on exhortation: he that giveth, let him do it with simplicity; he that ruleth, with diligence; he that sheweth mercy, with cheerfulness.
There is a teacher here but we understand that Teaching is connected to pastoring. But the Pastor (unlike today) is not the sole leader of the assembly or church organism, that is the elders, and the Pastor being one of them. Today the Pastorates around the world are divided up to those who hold doctorates and not to those who are called and given the gift or pastor and teacher. Now not many are given that gift but severally as he seeth fit for the Body of Christ, so they can be edified.

We cannot no matter what separate the pastor from the teacher they are one and the same as seen in Ephesians.

But if you want to know what a scholar is use a AKJV and word search the word Scholar I will list them hear for you, you can do an in depth study and research the Bible Context and see it is not how men today use the word. I use it as the AKJV uses it, in the first use you will see that their is a difference between the scholar and the teacher, so they are not the same. To make them such is an error. 1Ch 25:8 ¶ And they cast lots, ward against ward, as well the small as the great, the teacher as the scholar. The second one we can see God will cut of both the Master and the Scholar. Here it is the one they call master or the one we would say, holds a Masters degree and his student.

Mal 2:12 The LORD will cut off the man that doeth this, the master and the scholar, out of the tabernacles of Jacob, and him that offereth an offering unto the LORD of hosts.

The function of the pastor is to teach. IN Old Testament for the Jew the Master was to teach the scholars i.e. students. A true scholar is one who is doing he research for a thesis a writing, that is what I see you doing here with Ezekiel and other books that you posted you work on. This does not make you a teacher, it does make you a scholar. A teacher is one who is a Pastor and he is one who is interested in Evangelism and the edification of the body of Christ. The scholar is not a teacher but a student and is not a gift at all. If you make the scholar and the teacher the same you do the same as the Bible perverters to do justify their sins of omitting word,s changing words and rewriting the Bible in one of many where they claim there is not one Bible without error in English today on piece of unseen scraps of documents you and I have never seen.

Westcot and Hort have no record of their salvation conversion, neither do either of the Nestle's (father and son), yet the holders of "Higher Educational" degrees in the Christian schools around the world expect us to take it for granted that unsaved men know the Bible better than God Almighty, the author of the Bible that we have preserved for us today in the AKJV.

Anyone, would do the church a great honor in compiling the conversion statements of these and other men, to which I have looked and could not find any. Maybe you could be that man.

edit on 12-7-2018 by ChesterJohn because: fixed spelling

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 04:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
a reply to: whereislogic

Something you are familiar with in you very reply in speaking about me and trying to shame me using verses that while spiritually, might have some relevance are more pointed to ISRAEL, failure to rightly divide will always lead to people Maligning others with verse that are not for the Body of Christ.

I have no interest in shaming you (and that's definitely not what the bible quotations were for). I also don't have much issues in recognizing and acknowledging who is shaming a whole bunch of bible translations and their translators by the primary tactic of using half-truths (leaving out inconvenient facts and details). And I see no reason not to be honest and open about my observations.
edit on 14-7-2018 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

It just proves you have not done any research into my statements.

Look at every reason they truthfully gave for their new translations and their dictionaries.

Ask these questions. Did any of their works encourage anyone's faith int he Bible as an infallible, inerrant and preserved Bible. And what is the real motive behind their work?

You do your own work nothing I say will convince people like you.
edit on 17-7-2018 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   
So what you really aught to know is Christian schools and their so called scholars (who are not students but professors with master and doctorates), are no different than secular scholars when it come to $$$. that is right money is the root of all evil, so what do Christian scholars do, change the scriptures that condemn the sin of their hearts "the love of money".

Here is what is very interesting and each one needs to try and understand this.

THE CREED OF THE ALEXANDRIAN CULT
1. There is no final authority but God.
2. Since God is a Spirit, there is no final authority that can be seen, heard, read, felt, or handled.
3. Since all books are material, there is no book on this earth that is the final and absolute authority on what is right and what is wrong, what constitutes truth and what constitutes error.
4. There WAS a series of writings one time which, IF they had all been put into a BOOK as soon as they were written the first time, WOULD HAVE constituted an infallible and final authority by which to judge truth and error.
5. However, this series of writings was lost, and the God who inspired them was unable to preserve their content through Bible-believing Christians at Antioch (Syria), where the first Bible teachers were (Acts 13:1), and where the first missionary trip originated (Acts 13:1-52), and where the word “Christian” originated (Acts 11:26).
6. So God chose to ALMOST preserve them through Gnostics and philosophers from Alexandria, Egypt, even though God called His Son OUT of Egypt (Matthew 2), Jacob OUT of Egypt (Genesis 49), Israel OUT of Egypt (Exodus 15), and Joseph’s bones OUT of Egypt (Exodus 13).
7. So there are two streams of Bibles. The most accurate—though, of course, there is no final, absolute authority for determining truth and error; it is a matter of “preference”—are the Egyptian translations from Alexandria, Egypt, which are “almost the originals,” although not quite.
8. The most inaccurate translations were those that brought about the German Reformation (Luther, Zwingli, Boehler, Zinzendorf, Spener, et al.) and the worldwide missionary movement of the English-speaking people: the Bible that Sunday, Torrey, Moody, Finney, Spurgeon, Whitefield, Wesley, and Chapman used.
9. But we can “tolerate” these if those who believe in them will “tolerate” US. After all, since there is NO ABSOLUTE AND FINAL AUTHORITY that anyone can read, teach, preach, or handle, the whole thing is a matter of “PREFERENCE.” You may prefer what you prefer, and we will prefer what we prefer. Let us live in peace, and if we cannot agree on anything or everything, let us all agree on one thing: THERE IS NO FINAL, ABSOLUTE, WRITTEN AUTHORITY OF GOD ANYWHERE ON THIS EARTH.
This is the Creed of the Alexandrian Cult
Now if there is no final authority other than Christian scholars then I will chose to not be a Christian. However I believe God's preserved holy Bible the AKJV in English today as that final authority. For there is no biblical proof for what these scholars have done with the Bible since 1880.

edit on 17-7-2018 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I found that what many Christians teach that there is no Bible that is without errors. If that is true, then God, as found in the Bible, had lied to us. Because he said by inspiration that his words were pure words tried seven times as silver is purified in a furnace of earth. And that he would preserve those words from the time of the psalmist (David) who wrote in Psalm 12 and to every generation for ever.

Every Generation it is still going. But it is not in many versions in English. It would be for this generation as it was for others in their languages in the past. The King James Bible is the only English Bible today that has all of his words, verses, phrases, sections and Chapters in it. Most foreign language Bibles are translated from one of the Plethora if English Bibles like the NIV, NKJV, NASB just to name a few, that have lots of words, verses, phrases, sections and chapters missing.

If any man believes that there is not Bible that is without error then the AKJV Bible would be mans best offer to read, study and believe because it has all the word, verses, phrases, sections an chapters in it, thereby giving him the best shot at having God's words in his hands.

We do not need to trust in Scholars at Christian universities to tell us or teach us because the Holy Ghost is the one whose job it is to teach the Christian if he will read and study his Bible as the Bible says he is to do. Christian universities are an apostasy in nature as it wants to give men degrees and then claim they are called to the ministry because they spent all that money and went to school to get a degree, and that a pastor would have a degree in order to lead church. This is Promoted as a Bible truth, But a pastor is a gift not a degree, we are all called out to serve as ambassadors of the righteousness and reconciliation of God as found in 2 Cor 5. There is not scripture that tells us to go to school and get a degree and then you are called to pastor a church.

In fact that is what created the Roman Catholic church from the jump they were doing scholarly work from Alexandria Egypt, where they had access to the purpose of that library, which was to form One religion from all the worlds religions using choice parts and practices from them. That is why Monks, taken from Buddhism, and Nuns taken from Asheroth (sp?) and Baal worship, beads from Hindus and Buddhism, Incense from all three world religions of Judaism, Hinduism and Buddhism, a golden altar stolen from Judaism, Appointing patron saints over certain aspects of life taken form animism. and many other things. Then they set themselves over the People (A Nicolaitans practice like many pastors today) and they had the final authority in what they taught from a Bible that no parishioner was allowed to study or read unless they went to their schools and became a priest.

Today's Pastorates are largely based on this same system of practice and belief, these Christian universities from Episcopalian to Calvary churches, Wesleyan to Pentecostals. Ruling over the people and taking money from them to lie on. Except for true Bible Believing Churches today (most being Baptist), the rest of these ministries are just little popes swapping sheep from one another. None of them evangelize they just steal from the others, and the Christian cults do that as well, steal sheep from other flocks to fill their kingdom halls, their temples and their Stadium styled sanctuaries.

They have gotten away with it because people don't read their Bibles and have not been encouraged to believe that there is a Inerrant, Inspired, Infallible words of God that they can hold in their hands. to Read it, Study it, Share it, teach it and to sue it to rebuke, reprove, correct, exhort and instruct the Bible believers to evangelize the world for Jesus Christ.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join