It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Scholar, Ye shall Know Him By His Fruit

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Southern Baptist Scholars have been "Cherry Picking" since they entered Bob Jones University, Tennessee Baptist Theological Seminary, Dallas Theological Seminary, Moody Bible college, and many more like them.

If they just didn't build their books and works on the men before them who want and did destroy the faith of many in the AKJV Bible and switched them for other versions their schools put out to make money.

Look above just one verse shows they confused the word of God and in my other thread they made more than just a clearer translation they made a whole new Bible that eliminates the Deity of Christ, confuses him with Lucifer see Is 14:12 and Rev 22:16, Yarn for Kue/keva/keneh. These aren't true scholars these are the Devil ministers

2Co 112:13-15 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.
Ye shall know they by their fruit ie. their works. Confusion is not of God 1Cor14:33.

edit on 8-7-2018 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: olaru12

Now you're not even speaking to the topic but instead bringing up the same tired old retread.

The topic was Biblical translations. My tired old retread was spot on. Apparently it has a few miles left on it.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

The fruit of your works is arrogance and the self righteousness Christ did not even speak about himself. Christ said he did not come to judge the world, but that his father would judge them.

Here you are claiming to know who is saved and who is not. Making yourself equal to God as you've perched yourself above Christ in authority to judge.

I can know you by your fruit and I will reject such teachings that are not in line with my Lord and savior Jesus Christ.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Lazarus Short

Yes, you see more light than a saved man.

Hell is the correct translation.

Ever read that Jacob gave up the ghost (just like Jesus did) and was gathered to his people more than 70 day before he was placed in the grave Genesis 49:33 and 50:3-13. Moses, Arron, Abraham and so will the Christian day and be gathered unto Jesus long before his body is put in the ground or burned and scattered. And there were many more after them.

It does not matter what unverifiable Hebrew and Greek text say, It only matters that God has preserved us his words today pure, whole complete, without error to Our Generation. We need that, we need God to preserve his words because as I have shown man cannot be trusted to do it, for their hearts aren't after God, but after their pocketbooks.

All that is by faith in the God's literal words as found in Psalm 12:6-7. I know where I am going and I have the assurance of where I am going. That is easy and simple.

The more drastic implications are: that men have reduced the words of God to just another religious book and ignore the Historical Truth that many a man will see shortly. It is these doctrines they have perverted and changed, spiritualizing those facts to swampy feel good teachings of men. Thereby expasing their ignorance of the word of God as a History Book, history written backwards so every scholar of the book if his heart wasn't right, wouold stumble over and never see that whole truth. This is why Jesus Said, John 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me It is a history book about a man who will crush the serpents head, who will sit on a throne as a king over all the world, in a city, in a nation called Israel, which did not exist until God gave the the land to the Children of Jacob, called Israel. He brought them out of Egypt and into the land he promised to Abraham with a mighty arm.

The history continues about their back sliding, the taken out of that land and how they would not return to the land in fulness of the promise until Jesus Returns to set up his Kingdom, which is an ever lasting kingdom, where the Kingdom of Heaven and the Kingdom of God will come together for all eternity.

Most of which has been stolen by the Roman Catholics (all Catholics ledge to the Pope), the JW's, the Mormans. What is not properly taught to the Southern Baptist, Episcopalians, the Lutherans, the Presbyterians, the Anglicans, the Bible Baptist, Harvest, Life, and any number of today's lukewarm Laodicean church you can name. And spiritualized to the death of its followers, for I have seen Lesbians and Gays who claim to be born again practicing their fornications and abominations that God has given them over too and are practicing pastors and deacons and elders these churches. I have tried to reason with them from the True word of God the AKJV Bible, and they pull out their lukewarm Bible versions which remove ever reference to sexual immorality, every reference to god as a father or a male for that, that have corrupted the word of God into Lasciviousness.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

I have studied their works and by those works I can indeed make a judgement on them, they are in one of two states, 1) a backslidden unfruitful Christian or an unsaved humanistic man posing as a Christian.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

That is an opinion not based with any scholarly proof. If my works are in arrogance and self righteousness, you would have first gone to other sources of these men listed in the OP to see what they teach is indeed anti-AKJV or not, gathered together facts from their writing showing they are indeed Bible believing men of the AKJV truth and fruitful in Ministry of leading men and women to salvation in Christ by grace through faith upon the work of Christ's Cross. You would have searched through the Bible to see what they teach and what I have taught and how they differ or agreed, then you would have gathered all of your thoughts into a final synopsis, and then posted it to prove that my word's are indeed just those of a arrogant and self-righteous man, and not indeed based in and on truth.

Seeing that would take days, just like the words in my OP did, and obviously you don't want to take the time to prove me wrong, but rather you only have time to falsely accuse and lambast me with your unverifiable opinion. To which I say, you are a lazy man who cares not of truth of God's words.

edit on 8-7-2018 by ChesterJohn because: Sorry for the incorrect spelling and grammar

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Disraeli, How many people have you led to salvation through Christ since you were saved?

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   
You are inviting me to boast? You know Paul's opinion of people who do that. And how have I earned that kind of challenge, just by commending other people in this thread?
Since my ministry seems to lie in anonymous writing with a teaching function, I have no way of telling.
But I hope that the New Testament Salvation series beginning in August will be a useful contribution in that direction.
I can do nothing more than write in faith and in good faith.

edit on 8-7-2018 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
Disraeli, How many people have you led to salvation through Christ since you were saved?

Only God and Christ have the Judgment seat. That is why it says "Judge not lest ye be judged." Be careful what standards you apply in determining who is and is not a Christian or saved solely through their right dividing of the word because through that standard then might you also be judged in your time be Him who sits in the seat.

Are you certain your division is so perfect?

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Do you have any idea how arrogant and self self righteous you come across as? I have left churches due to your type of legalistic, holier than thou, judgmental hubris.

Who are you to say whether someone is saved or not?

James 4:11-12
11 Speak not evil one of another, brethren. He that speaketh evil of his brother, and judgeth his brother, speaketh evil of the law, and judgeth the law: but if thou judge the law, thou art not a doer of the law, but a judge.

12 There is one lawgiver, who is able to save and to destroy: who art thou that judgest another?

And bragging about how many you have led to Christ? Really?
Then implying that others are less 'Christian' than you because you imagine you have a higher score?

Mathew 6:1-4
Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven.

2 Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

3 But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth:

4 That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly.

May I suggest some one on one time with HIM to re-check some priorities

Mathew 6:5-6
5 And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

6 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Well again just an opinion unless you can first go and gather all your info and post your synopsis. But like others you pot a synoptic opinion before doing any study to see if what I have said was true about the Biblical scholars today.

You like the others are just another lazy man posting opinions and not single fact other than you opinion, except you post out of context Bible verses to try and look a little more spiritual than the others. But still lazy.

And I like all the verse for Israel you used, though I will claim their might be some spiritual application but I doubt it for there is no temple today (except my body that hoses the Holy Ghost), and those applications were literally for Israel in their Kingdom hence Jesus gospel of the Kingdom of heaven message for Israel. Using them and not Paul's teaching tells me more about you than the verse you quoted tell about me.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Not at all. However I want to get an idea of the spiritual fruit you have other than just you teaching. The one fruit I cannot see by your teaching is the souls you have led to Jesus. If you want you can PM me so you don't look like your boasting. If I was boasting I would have a more accurate number than just saying "over 720" I am not keeping count however the Lord puts them on my heart and I pray for them and so I do know a rough number give or take on how many I have led to Jesus. Just like Paul claims he baptized a few, but we also get to see how many he led to Jesus through the book of Acts. and it was a lot more than I, but far less that Billy Graham.

So How long have you been saved and how many people have you led to Christ (be honest)?

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   

You see I know many who teach and they have led very few to Christ if any.

You teach a lot on here, therefore I assume you are studying. Unless we are to assume you are copying someone else work and posting it here. If you post as many studies as you have, and so far I have not read in any of your works here that you have posted, that in a way that would 1) Convict a sinner of sin, 2) would lead a sinner to Christ, and 3) teach a Christian how to live in Christ once they are saved.

I can judge a man by his fruit. And so far though intellectual and appealing to others consider themselves intellectuals, it seems to be rotting fruit if you you have led no one to Christ with all that teaching.

punctuation

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 10:02 PM
link   

We all are called to do His work in our own ways.

You may be called to plant the seed, but without constant tending, the seedling withers and dies. You do a great deal of preening here about all the seeds you have sown, but what about the care you take after the seeds take root? How many of those seeds have prospered fully into plants of their own?

Have you thrown good seed into good ground and kept it properly fed and watered?

Some of the folks you deride do the work of feeding and watering those seeds.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

You are bad at trying to do a parable or a remake of Paul's words, "I have planted, ASpollos waters but God gave the increase. 1Co 3:6" So I had over 720 of God's increase. How many have you had? One should be able to know. One a year, 2 a year that is good. But did you know Westcott and Hort led NONE to Christ.

I have taken care of many seed who came to fruition and still do minister to others, of whom I did not plant.

In Short I am still active in Ministry.

How about you, truthfully?

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 12:57 AM
link   

However I want to get an idea of the spiritual fruit you have other than just you teaching...So How long have you been saved and how many people have you led to Christ (be honest)?

"Who art thou that judgest another man's servant?" Romans ch14 v4
You are coming across like this character;
www.youtube.com...
"How much money did you give to the Arab refugees?"
Knock it off, mush.
edit on 9-7-2018 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 02:36 AM
link   

SnF

Why? I can see and feel your zealously for the Lord. Though many disagree with how you are approaching this matter, you are getting people involved in discussing bible teachings but a double edge sword cuts and slices both ways.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 07:01 AM
link   

I'm not going to discuss for the same reasons I don't talk about my charity work.

This isn't a game of who's is bigger.

Pride is one of the deadliest sins because it's the hardest to recognize.

If we are discussing scripture, and you judge that I have misunderstood the parable about the seeds, why don't you explain it correctly rather than sneer at my wrong division of the word? Instead, you have constructed a "No True Scotsman" fallacy and gone on to assume my ministry is of no value at all and challenged me to the equivalent of an e-peen contest.

After all, your entire point in writing this thread is to chide all your fellows for being in error in their understanding of the word. So if one of us demonstrates an understanding and your whole focus is to lead us to Christ, shouldn't you be ministering and attempting to lead us? Part of that involved teaching rather than simply sneering at how wrong we are. I get that you think you are "convicting our sin," but conviction alone without attempt to lead the proper way goes as far as punishing a child without setting him or her straight or whacking your dog with a rolled up newspaper out of the blue.

If, as you contend, you are the only one who knows the right way, then you have to demonstrate that right way, and I see precious little of that.

Do you actually care about leading people to Christ or do you care more about being seen as the only upright Christian in the room? I will refer you back to the statement about pride.
edit on 9-7-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Not at all. However I want to get an idea of the spiritual fruit you have other than just you teaching. The one fruit I cannot see by your teaching is the souls you have led to Jesus. If you want you can PM me so you don't look like your boasting. If I was boasting I would have a more accurate number than just saying "over 720" I am not keeping count however the Lord puts them on my heart and I pray for them and so I do know a rough number give or take on how many I have led to Jesus. Just like Paul claims he baptized a few, but we also get to see how many he led to Jesus through the book of Acts. and it was a lot more than I, but far less that Billy Graham.

So How long have you been saved and how many people have you led to Christ (be honest)?

Where does the bible teach that those you have lead to Christ are the fruit of the Spirit

You are delusional

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I don't think of leading people to Christ as work, nor have I ever taken as salary or get a payment for speaking, teaching or evangelizing.

I don't call any work the Lord has called me to do Charity in the sense you are using it. Charity has a much deeper meaning that is why it is used in 1Cor 13 and not limited to one of its submeanings LOVE as all corrupt translation have it.

This has nothing to do with looking good, Disraeli is a real scholar by all means, a true scholar never cares about salvation of other, church meetings, outreaches and a host of other things as Pastors and evangelists are. In getting that low number would prove Disraeli is what he is a true scholar, but even they can be wrong in their understanding of Scripture and that is what this thread is about.

Disraeli spends hours in books and in research and that is a true scholar. Not one of the Names of the Men in the OP ever spent half the time as Disraeli has, if I am correct in assuming his OP threads are his and not the work of another, in research. You see a real scholar (which is why I asked him) spends his time for years in research, he will quote the sources, quote those sources and write out his thesis, a real scholar does not have time for the other things or even public speaking or preaching. He is to immersed in his research. the problem is those who you and he claim to be scholars never spent any time doing any research. Hort's total research was based on One verse from the Bible and everything else he got from others, he just rewrote the works of others in his own words and used magic words like, "most Scholars' "a scholarly work", "most scholars agree", "in depth study by scholars reveal" etc . . . to make it look as if he did his own research to see if what they say was true.

A Bible Scholar is one who will study Bibles, different versions, and other English translation but hold to the study and research nthe Bible. All other scholars like on in theology will not just study Christian theology, but Buddhist, Hindu, Islam and Animistic Theologies as well.

If one is a Biblical Linguistic scholar he will research Eptymology, he will study all the languages of those text not just in English, but German, Latin. Two or three Greek languages, Syrian, Ethiopian, Babylonian, Chaldean, three types of Hebrew Language, two types of Egyptian, Russian, Sumerian, Indian, Chinese and other world languages.

As for Disraeli, to whom the Question was originally poised was only to prove him a real scholar. Which shows the difference between a scholar and a preacher like myself. I am not a Scholar in the sense that Disraeli is. I don't agree100% with his thesis it is more like 80%. I do read three books a week of the scholarly works of others and the work of Pastors and Preachers of like mind as myself.

The OP shows I know how to spot a real scholar, like Disraeli, and a faker like most of the others who post in the Religious Forum.

You on the other hand are just dreamer and smooth talker who may have or may not have led a single person to the Lord. You see a real preacher would have never called the calling of the Lord a charity.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join