It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

James Webb Space Telescope Launch Delayed Again , Now Set For 2021

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Noooooooooooooooooooo----oooooooooo !!!!!!!!!

A few months ago came the disappointing news the JWST would not meet it's expected launch date of sometime in 2019 and launch had been pushed back to sometime in 2020 , now the news from NASA is launch has again been pushed back this time to sometime in 2021 , a bitter blow for those of us who have waited and waited patiently for this next generation space telescope to launch.

It was announced in March that the mission would be delayed until 2020, which is already two years past its original launch date of October 2018. But after accepting the recommendations of an independent review board, NASA has announced that the launch has been rescheduled for early 2021.

According to the report, technical issues and human error have “greatly impacted the development schedule” and added $800 million to the already $8 billion budget approved by Congress.
techcrunch.com...

I'm not angry I'm just very disappointed ... actually No , I am angry !

Thanks NASA / ESA , YOU DONE SCREWED IT UP.

I give up , I no longer care about JWST because at this rate it will never launch and I aint waiting for a Christmas that will never come.

Next !

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Don't give up, I know that's just the emotions talking, these things happen and for the most part, JWST was pretry smooth in this regard.

Still, disappointing 😣😥

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   
This right here is exactly why the Admin isn't throwing more money at NASA.

The fact is, their cost over-runs and constant delays are symptoms of a poorly managed agency. Something that has been going on for a long time now.

I'm almost ready to give up on the JWST myself.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I agree with the Noooooooooooooooo! as I'm getting older and I do not want to miss what James can see and teach us. Not that old but heck I could get run over by a bus or something.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Bummer : ( ... didn't this start back in 2001 and then they changed the name etc... from 1 billion to a gazillion...

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I vote not to botch it and have to fix it in space, like the Hubble.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Thing is Hubble was a fairly easy fix the problems with JWST seem to stem from incompetence , can't fix that in space.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

You nailed it.

The shuttle program set nasa back decades and they still haven't recovered.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I hope I'm still alive when it gets launched and starts returning images.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Source: xkcd.com

Quartz had a story up (didn't read) that said the rocket that will be used to launch JWST may be retired by the time of launch!

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
I vote not to botch it and have to fix it in space, like the Hubble.

JWST will live at the 2nd LaGrange point. Entirely too far to mount a practical repair mission.

As gortex previously said, incompetence is the real problem.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

F##KSAKES! by the time james webb launches we will probably have contact ! Idiots!!!

join