It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Alternate Theories Of UFO Origin'

page: 1

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 07:30 AM
link   
For folks interested in (or entertained by) speculation about the UFO subject then there's a good presentation below from researcher Greg Bishop exploring 'Alternative Theories of UFO Origin' - lots of various ideas kicked around from luminaries such as John Keel, Mac Tonnies, Michael Persinger, Jacques Vallee, Rick Strassman etc. as well as other strange aspects like USOs, cryptoterrestriality, extra dimensionality, time travel, magnetic field induction, tulpas and elementals so probably best to try and watch with an open mind.

Greg Bishop has been studying UFOs and the paranormal for most of his life. His first article on the subject was published in 1988. In his book Project Beta: The Story of Paul Bennewitz, National Security, and the Creation of a Modern UFO Myth (2005 Simon & Schuster/ Pocket Books) he wrote about a government campaign of disinformation perpetrated against an unsuspecting U.S. citizen. The no-man's land between the extremes of wide-eyed belief and closed-minded debunkery has fascinated Greg and led to the birth of a magazine he co-founded called The Excluded Middle, which was a journal of UFOs, conspiracy research, psychedelia and new science. .

Not to be outdone Richard Dolan also discusses the various hypotheses out there and, whilst he posits the ETH, also engages in a spot of conjecture about origin and the nature of UFO reality in this clip:

Doc Hynek's colleague and original nuts and bolts guy Ted Phillips also speculates about origin in this great interview - he describes incidents where UFOs have been witnesses generating physical traces on the ground (4000 cases in 93 countries - 19℅ of which involve humanoids) and also broaches the paranormal angle by relating a case where poltergeist activity immediately began in a house after witnesses observed a close range UFO depart vertically outside their upstairs window.

Ted R. Phillips is the Director of the Center for Physical Trace Research. He began investigating UFO reports in 1964 and was a research associate of Dr. J. Allen Hynek from 1968 until Dr. Hynek's death in 1986. It was at Allen Hynek's suggestion that he began specializing in physical traces associated with UFO sightings in 1968. Ted has personally investigated some 600 UFO cases. He is currently investigating the "Marley Woods" case. Ted was a member of a select team invited to meet with the United Nations Secretary-General at the UN in New York, along with Hynek, Jacques Vallee and Gordon Cooper. He gave two presentations at the First International UFO Congress and a presentation at the first MUFON symposium. Most recently he was a part of the History Channel documentary UFO Hunters and Alien Encounters.

# Lots of freaky accounts from Marley Woods in Ted's interview which really do seem to parallel goings on at SkinWalker Ranch and Satan's Butte (see 1:09) - as always any relevant comments welcome.
edit on 8-7-2018 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Fantastic thread!! No wonder you have an fsme!!

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Well thanks for that Olaru and the origin question certainly is one of the most important (and controversial) of the lot - Zoologist Ivan T Sanderson was speculating about this years ago so he also definitely deserves a mention!

It is a shame that Sanderson, a biologist by profession, wrote only two books on UFOs. It is a greater shame that he is all but forgotten today. His first book, Uninvited Visitors (1967) remains among the most sophisticated analyses yet done on the possible nature of UFOs (Sanderson called them Unexplained Aerial Objects, or UAOs).

Too long to summarize here, Sanderson methodically asked, not what UAOs were, but what they could be. He developed a six page outline of the possibilities. Thus, they could be inanimate or animate. If inanimate, they might be natural, or artificial, each possibility with several subsets. If animate, they could also be natural or artificial. Natural forms might include life-forms indigenous to space, or to atmospheres, or to solid bodies. Artificial forms might be domesticated natural life-forms, genetically created life forms, or biochemically created life forms. And so on.

Sanderson at several points suggested the possibility that the "occupants" of UFOs might be artificial life forms. He was not dogmatic about this, and also entertained the idea that they might be an as-yet unknown life-form indigenous to Earth. Still, the concept of UFOs as a form of artificial intelligence is fertile enough that we might have expected some follow-up.

After all, it’s been 35 years.

Thread

Cheers.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: karl 12
# Lots of freaky accounts from Marley Woods in Ted's interview which really do seem to parallel goings on at SkinWalker Ranch and Satan's Butte

Good lord, I read that wrong.

I tried to read up on tulpas, as a theory I floated concerning a problem I had might involve that... but the check boxes didn't all tick correctly. *However*... I can say that I agree that various paranormal things and UFOS/ ETs go hand in hand.
Or
They use tech that we would call 'paranormal'. Look at the stuff we can do now, like create sound from thin air, levitate frogs in magnetic fields, and have jogging robots. What the aim would be to use their tech like that is beyond my reasoning, unless it's to pretend they are all mighty and magical.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

Fascinating interview with Fred R. Phillips.

His description of the way the orange objects seem to blink into appearance as if a camera shutter had openned, brings to mind my growing belief that these craft are traveling via worrm hole technology. It strikes me that it is only by way of worm hole technology that such vast distances could be covered. I dont understand why more research hasnt been done to identify these worm hole events. It would seem to me that such events would cause some type of spatial disturbance that could be measured. Our weather radars can track lightning strikes. It would be fascinating if we had worm hole tracking maps showing where they have openned.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   
What is a one dimensional, quantum mechanical A.I that back from the very distant future from a galaxy thats not that far away an that no has sense of linear time, and is legion for one.

And alien is relative term, so I'm out of nuts and bolts, so a screws loose.
edit on 8-7-2018 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-7-2018 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: wylekat

Quite a number of rather freaky UFO/paranormal reports from the Navajo Rangers over the years Wylecat but don't think Satan's Butte is too much of a tourist hotspot - as they say in the presentation though, Bigelow investigators have been up there and it's on the same longitude as Skinwalker (with mirrored activity).

a reply to: TonyS

It really is pretty fascinating what seems to be going on up there in Marley Woods Tony and if you've not heard it before then below is a more in depth interview at a later date - some very bizarre objects, phenomena, creatures and mutilations being reported (the horse in the barn incident is very freaky indeed).

Cheers.
edit on 7-3-2020 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Specimen

Some food for thought there mate and the concept that some UFOs could be the product of an actual visiting post-biological intelligence is a very interesting one.

SETI astronomer (and UFO cynic) Seth Shostak actually bets the audience a cup of coffee that ET life will be advanced AI and found within 12 years on this thread - Richard Dolan also covers the UFO angle.

Cheers.
edit on 15-11-2018 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Recent George Knapp presentation from McMinville UFO festival about Skinwalker Ranch (posted Sept 2018) which goes into a lot more detail on the UFO activity experienced there - also mentioned is the involvement of the Defenders Intelligence Agency (DIA).

edit on 15-11-2018 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Some very relevant research from Mirageman questioning the claims of freaky antics on SkinWalker Ranch :

Some extremely freaky antics afoot on the Chestnut Ridge:

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Also freaky goings on in East Yorkshire.

link

edit on 8-3-2020 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join