It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Daniel Cormier. the goat?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Illumimasontruth

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: Illumimasontruth
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

That will be a huge payday win or lose, and I think he will win that fight.

In the fight against Stipe DC broke his right index finger. Hopefully it heals quick without surgery. He is retiring in March after turning 40. I definitely want to see him healthy for his last fight.

the way i see it going is he defends his light heavy in november. smashed brock in march then retires and vacates the belt. stipe steps up to fight whoever(hopefully not brock) for the vacated belt.

You could easily be right and he is easily durable enough to do that at 39. I'm not sure any light heavyweights will entice him enough to cut weight again though. Factor in his back problems from a recent training injury and he might just want this last big payday and legacy bout. I hope he destroys Brock lol.

he was on a presser after the fight. cant remember which one. may have been ariel and chael but he said the brock fight is a 10 on a scale of 1-10 so thats happening.
he said he wants to defend his light heavy title in november and gustafsson could(not will) get the chance. he said he would fight him.
said no to a couple people but i dont remember who.

seems like how its gonna go
light heavy in november. heavy in march. retire
its a good plan

he also said he is retiring in march of next year no matter what

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I forgot about Alexander. That would make a great matchup stylistically.

Yeah he's definitely retiring March. Promised his family he would. He's a great person and family man I have no doubt he will keep his word.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   

He;s 39 but that's not old for HW. HE could keep going, up to him.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 12:31 AM
link   

I get all that.

To me, Lesnar should never have been welcomed in the UFC again. Regardless of the money I don't think DC should endorse the decision. Sure, DC will make a million and Lesnar will make double. The 'GOAT' is helping to make a cheating POS richer and imo that's piss poor for 'legacy.'

Not a lot of challengers for DC. Whittaker could go up a division I suppose. Not many others because DC's already been there and the rest are 2nd class. Still not a good reason to fight Lesnar.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 03:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

I get all that.

To me, Lesnar should never have been welcomed in the UFC again. Regardless of the money I don't think DC should endorse the decision. Sure, DC will make a million and Lesnar will make double. The 'GOAT' is helping to make a cheating POS richer and imo that's piss poor for 'legacy.'

Not a lot of challengers for DC. Whittaker could go up a division I suppose. Not many others because DC's already been there and the rest are 2nd class. Still not a good reason to fight Lesnar.

i dont think lesnar should have been welcomed into the ufc the first time. he has never belonged.

to be fair to all it is not like brock is an isolated incident. plenty of people have been popped. suspended. let back in.

plenty of people(not saying you) still want to see dc vs jon jones even though john is a cheater too.

as you said not many challengers for dc if any.

the only thing that would make sense for dc is to fight a serious contender to cement the legacy further but who would that be?

or take a huge money fight for his last one before he hangs his gloves up.

i cant really fault a guy for wanting to get paid. dude is still young. has a family.

i would have more of an issue if legit contenders were waiting in the wings and he was passing on them to fight brock.
thats not the case though.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 04:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

DC could be making 5-10 million fighting Lesnar, vs 500k-$1 mil not fighting Lesnar. He should take the fight.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 05:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: Kandinsky

DC could be making 5-10 million fighting Lesnar, vs 500k-$1 mil not fighting Lesnar. He should take the fight.

Of course he should. Take a payday and retire. Dude has been professional his entire career. Never missed weight. Never pulled out of a fight.

Not like he has anything to prove.

Yoel Romero is moving up to light heavy so maybe he and D.C. will fight

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Fair points and we'll have to disagree. If it goes ahead, Lesnar will need a favourable wind regarding testing like he had last time. DC could have his legacy die on the spot if Lesnar gets through the tests dirty, but yeah lots of retirement money for DC.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join