originally posted by: fleabit
It's just a light in the sky. It will never be more than a light in the sky.
Except when it's not just a light in the sky. But... we just ignore those sightings. : )
Try to get the point. A light in the sky provides zero relevant details. In terms of factual, solid information you are no better off having seen the
light than you were before. You don't know anything more, just like the thousands of lights in the sky that we have seen before. This light in the sky
has not contributed significantly to the knowledge base concerning UFOs. In fact, it's just more noise. In terms of energy expended, it's a waste.
It's not something a serious UFO researcher would spend much time on. Catalog it and move on. if it's part of a pattern that is relevant, it should
show up sooner or later. But let's not claim aliens just yet. It's just a small light in the sky.
The Hynek Scale (adapted from Wikipedia)
1. Nocturnal Lights: Lights in the night sky.
2. Daylight Discs: UFOs seen in the daytime, generally having discoidal or oval shapes.
3. Radar-Visual: UFO reports that have radar confirmation. These seem to offer harder evidence that the objects are real, although radar propagation
can often be unreliable.
4. Close Encounters of the First Kind: Visual sightings of an unidentified flying object, seemingly less than 500 feet away, that show an appreciable
angular extension and considerable detail.
5. Close Encounters of the Second Kind: A UFO event in which a physical effect is alleged.
6. Close Encounters of the Third Kind: UFO encounters in which an animated creature is present.
The UFO researcher Ted Bloecher proposed six subtypes for the close encounters of the third kind in Hynek's scale.
A : An entity is observed only inside the UFO.
B : An entity is observed inside and outside the UFO.
C : An entity is observed near to a UFO, but not going in or out.
D : An entity is observed. No UFOs are seen by the observer, but UFO activity has been reported in the area at about the same time.
E : An entity is observed, but no UFOs are seen and no UFO activity has been reported in the area at that time.
F : No entity or UFOs are observed, but the subject experiences some kind of "intelligent communication".
* Subtypes D, E, and F may be unrelated to the UFO phenomenon. *
Extensions of Hynek's scale
7. Close Encounters of the Fourth Kind: A UFO event in which a human is abducted by a UFO or its occupants.
8. Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind: A UFO event that involves direct communication between aliens and humans.
9. Close Encounters of the Sixth Kind: Death of a human or animal associated with a UFO sighting.
10. Close Encounters of the Seventh Kind: The creation of a human/alien hybrid, either by sexual reproduction or by artificial scientific methods
edit on 7/8/2018 by schuyler because: (no reason given)