It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SEALED INDICTMENTS - Their Number is Exploding Across America in 2018.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

originally posted by: Pyle
a reply to: toysforadults

Okay so you figured out how to search for proceedings in criminal cases. No where in your info graphic does it show you searching for indictments only.

you didn't actually look at it did you?

I wouldnt have noticed you were not search for indictments but all criminal proceedings if i didnt look.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

be better at looking

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aallanon

The links to the individual indictments seem to work

got it, very interesting... not sure what to make of all this

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

77,700 sealed indictments

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhyDidIJoin
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

77,700 sealed indictments

What? What's your source?

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: carewemust

How do you know how many nation wide? is there really a central database for every court or even evey federal court across the nation?

This has been explained to you dozens of times in past threads on this subject. One being mine. If you claim not to understand at this point then you are either being willfully ignorant, lazy, or just playing devil's advocate.

Regardless of whichever you are, you still cant even make an intelligent post or even argue anything as you still have done no research.

Ignorance is not bliss.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

SillyOlMe is still getting to you, eh V.C.?

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

SillyOlMe is still getting to you, eh V.C.?

Nah...just seems she has reached a new level of BS. Now claiming to not understand this thread when she's been on more than one about this subject yet still cant seem to put an argument together to try to counter the subject.

I can say that even when I disagree with others I still read their links and research the topic so I can have an educated conversation.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 11:46 PM
link   

That's right. SillyOlMe is just pure flatulence as of late.

Regarding the indictments.. Is it true that if one is issued/sealed before the applicable statute of limitation expires, that the subject/person named in the indictment could be tried for that crime, 5, 50, or 100 years later, when the indictment is unsealed?

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 12:21 AM
link   

I think everyone agrees that something REALLY BIG is in the works?

No. You have nothing to prove any of these have anything to do with government.
Or if they even exist.
Since when are court docketts across the nation printed on a single list?
You just believe anything that sounds good.
Like how trump and Mueller again are working together. It's a story you're feeding your head.

A whole lot of words for not saying a damn thing, but what else should we expect from you.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 01:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

I would love to hear about some unsealed indictments please. ty

Pay close attention to your local newspapers. You may have already seen some and didn't realize it. In our region we've seen several prosecutions revealed recently for various forms of medical fraud. Several docs and clinics have been charged. None of the stories I've seen say anything about these cases having been sealed indictments but friends of mine in the court system tell me they were sealed for some time. Some of these cases haven't even gone to trial but are reported as "Dr. X has reached a settlement with Agency XYZ in which he will repay $xxxxxxxx as a result of mistaken filings." or something to that effect.

I don't how widespread these medical fraud prosecutions are but we've had our share here in the Commonwealth due to the pill mills. Florida has a pile of cases also from what I'm told. I haven't searched it out.

One of the things a former prosecutor told me was that one factor in the hold-up on these cases may well be the shortage of federal judges. Trump is filling positions as fast as he can but he started out in a real hole I'm told. So holding these indictments sealed until the open positions are filled just makes sense so as to not overload the entire system.

There are currently 153 vacancies with 89 nominees pending. Some of those nominees have been waiting more than six months for confirmation. www.uscourts.gov... Some of these vacancies have existed for more than two years. That's just nuts in my mind.

I seriously doubt that the bulk of these indictments are for human trafficking. But I could be wrong. I tend to hope to see a goodly number of employees of the federal government who decided the laws didn't apply to them be brought forth on charges. Like the prosecutors in the Bundy cases. (That's not to say that I don't want the human trafficking cases so don't anyone go off on that tangent. There's a special place in my brain for people who abuse other humans that way. It's a dark, dark place.)

I tend to think that a lot of these sealed indictments come from cases where the government has easy access to the information. Has in fact, the evidence already in their possession in the form of information submitted to them. Like in the case of the doctors and Medicaid, Medicare fraud. It's just a matter of getting an audit. Sometimes it's as simple as an astute citizen turning in a complaint about a doctor charging Medicare three times for one visit. Since every record is now available digitally, the audits are easy peasy.

So keep an eye on news reports. Look at the dates of the crimes charged. You may realize that a number of these are being unsealed and prosecuted but not reported as having been sealed for any period of time.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 01:33 AM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

July 8, 2018

This huge bust of 600 medical providers last week, could have involved a lot of sealed indictments.

The Justice Department charged more than 600 people, including 165 doctors and other medical professionals, with making $2 billion in false billings in what Attorney General Jeff Sessions said Thursday was the nation’s largest ever health care fraud takedown.

The cases are connected to the nation’s ongoing drug overdose crisis, which killed nearly 64,000 people in 2016, Sessions said. About two-thirds of the overdose deaths were caused by opioids, led by illicit fentanyl.

“It is the deadliest drug epidemic in the history of this country,” Sessions said at a news conference. “We have never seen anything like it. Some of our most trusted medical professionals look at their patients, vulnerable people suffering from addiction, and they see dollar signs.”
More at: www.washingtonpost.com... 3-11e8-93cc-6d3beccdd7a3_story.html?utm_term=.341069ece125

This takedown was a good move by the Trump justice department, spearheaded by A.G. Jeff Sessions.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 02:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit
Pure fantasy.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 06:04 AM
link   

a reply to: Konduit
Pure fantasy.

Well if it is so, then we won't be seeing any more threads proving you wrong then will we? You have spunk I hope they pay you by the word instead of the responses.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Plot twist - the Federal government is going after everyone who has bought marijuana since states have legalized it.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: diggindirt

July 8, 2018

This huge bust of 600 medical providers last week, could have involved a lot of sealed indictments.

The Justice Department charged more than 600 people, including 165 doctors and other medical professionals, with making $2 billion in false billings in what Attorney General Jeff Sessions said Thursday was the nation’s largest ever health care fraud takedown.

The cases are connected to the nation’s ongoing drug overdose crisis, which killed nearly 64,000 people in 2016, Sessions said. About two-thirds of the overdose deaths were caused by opioids, led by illicit fentanyl.

“It is the deadliest drug epidemic in the history of this country,” Sessions said at a news conference. “We have never seen anything like it. Some of our most trusted medical professionals look at their patients, vulnerable people suffering from addiction, and they see dollar signs.”
More at: www.washingtonpost.com... 3-11e8-93cc-6d3beccdd7a3_story.html?utm_term=.341069ece125

This takedown was a good move by the Trump justice department, spearheaded by A.G. Jeff Sessions.

They had a recent bust along the same lines in my area as well

Hmm

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join