It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spaghetti, Mexican rice, grape jelly and Italian bread sticks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 01:12 AM
link   
WTH kind of dinner is that? Oh, and a really nice oatmeal cookie and some high energy orange drink which won't dissolve in water.

Now, individually the various parts are decent. The spaghetti is edible. The Mexican rice is actually pretty good. But who eats Mexican rice with spaghetti? But, it gets even better! While you're waiting for your stuff to heat up (in the middle of BFE) there's snacks to be had. Is there a cracker? NO...there's Italian bread sticks (which thoroughly suck IMO) AND grape jelly to put on them! Oh boy, Italian bread sticks and grape jelly! Now, if a fella was in a forward deployed military unit there would be plenty of opportunity to trade, but when you're just a few guys who flew out into the middle of nowhere and got issued pretty much the same thing the trading ops are zero. Thank Gawd someone stuck some hot sauce in their pack!!

The other meal was some kind of penne pasta with "veggie meat crumbles" (whatever the hell those are!). I didn't even look at the side dish in that one; Gawd only knows!

Anyway, on to the drink mix. So yeah, it's 'orange' and it's full of electrolytes (yay), but you're only supposed to use 12oz of water. Who drinks just a cup and a half of water? Not me. So the drink mix gets added to 32oz of water (yummy, diluted orange water). But wait, there's that grape jelly (which no human on Earth could eat on the Italian bread sticks). Squirt that bad boy in the orange water and, hmmmm, not too bad.

But, what to do with the penne pasta with "veggie meat crumbles". Man, I'm gonna be hungry tomorrow!!

Sigh! You'd think aviation would be easier!

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I thought it said Spaghetti Western at first.

I like putting parmesan cheese over chili (must have tomatoes in it). If you dial it in just right it'll set off like parmesan over marinara (that alchemy thing). Then you can choose between angel hair pasta, garlic bread, or both. And there's cheddar & jalapenos!

edit on 8-7-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

You've got issues LOL

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Man, none of those things are options! It's "Spaghetti With Beef And Sauce" (SPG-12) and "Mexican Rice" (MEX-20). Your accompaniments are "Dustless Black Pepper" and "Iodized Salt" (or you could opt for the "Deep Rich Coffee" packet, or the "Non-Dairy Creamer"). Or I guess you could dump the sugar packet on there somewhere.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Shoot me for desertion now.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Anyway, on to the drink mix.

I was hoping you would get there eventually

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 01:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

You've got issues LOL

I bet for every food and cooking thread I see OP post, he posts 2 more that I didn't see.

Eating disorder, OP? Do you need hugs and chocolate?

Goddamn start your own blog

Oops! I meant...star and flag and star and flag!

edit on 8-7-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 02:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Man, none of those things are options! It's "Spaghetti With Beef And Sauce" (SPG-12) and "Mexican Rice" (MEX-20). Your accompaniments are "Dustless Black Pepper" and "Iodized Salt" (or you could opt for the "Deep Rich Coffee" packet, or the "Non-Dairy Creamer"). Or I guess you could dump the sugar packet on there somewhere.

Are you talking about MRE’s? It doesn’t sound like it. Sounds like even an MRE would be a better option.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Keep reminding yourself how much you're getting paid. Doesn't make the food any better, but at least you can afford a good steak when ya get back.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Dude...Look, if you don't like my posts then the solution is real simple...don't read 'em! Don't click on them, and don't read them! Seems like about every thread I make anymore, you come along and post essentially the same nasty thing.

Are you a stalker? LOL! (not that I'm particularly concerned about it)

You know the old saying...if you don't have something good to say...put a sock in it!

Have a good Internet.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Yes, that's exactly what it was.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Whats worst the MREs which I never had or the old C- rations. The only thing I like in the old C-rations was the coffee and the hot chocolate mix.

When mixed together the coffee and hot chocolate mix made for a very stout drink. Especially when doubled up in the canteen cup.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Totino's frozen pizza with pulpo(octopus), chocolate, and jalapenos.
Wash it down with cheap malt liquor.
Breakfast of champions.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 02:11 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

join