It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bank refuses to return clients gold

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 09:00 PM
link   

What are those levels are Comex looking like?

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Investopedia

That essentially means that, as more people buy gold, the price goes up, in line with demand. Read more: What Moves Gold Prices? | Investopedia www.investopedia.com... Follow us: Investopedia on Facebook

Unlike oil or coffee, however, gold isn't consumed. Almost all the gold ever mined is still around. There is some industrial use for gold, but that hasn't increased demand as much as jewelry or investment. Read more: What Moves Gold Prices? | Investopedia www.investopedia.com... Follow us: Investopedia on Facebook

One of the main driving factors behind the value of gold is people hoarding gold as a store of wealth. Yeah, it's not really consumed so that means you have to exchange for something weather it be a product that you plan on consuming or for a currency you plan on using to buy something to consume.

Like I said, it's a store of wealth not an actual wealth generator, that doesn't mean it can't generate wealth that just means that typically not it's main function.

Hug says the big market movers are often central banks. In times when foreign exchange reserves are large, and the economy is humming along, a central bank will actually want to reduce the amount of gold it holds. That's because the gold is a dead asset – unlike bonds, or even money in a deposit account, it generates no return. Read more: What Moves Gold Prices? | Investopedia www.investopedia.com... Follow us: Investopedia on Facebook

Oh look at that, when the economy is doing great gold is worth less because people want their assets in probably the dollar or yen.

Golds relationship with the dollar

Gold moved to floating exchange rates after 1971. This made its price vulnerable to the U.S. dollar’s external value. In 2008, the International Monetary Fund (or IMF) estimated that 40–50% of the moves in the gold prices since 2002 were dollar-related. A 1% change in the effective external value of the U.S. dollar led to more than a 1% change in gold prices.

As the above chart shows, there’s an inverse relationship between the trade-weighted U.S. dollar and the price of gold. Trade-weighted value shows how the U.S. dollar is gaining or losing purchasing power—compared to its trading partners. However, this inverse relationship isn’t as precise as it used to be under the gold standard. Even though the gold standard is gone, there’s still a psychological tilt towards gold whenever the value of the U.S. dollar decreases. The inverse relationship remains because:

So the value of the dollar is almost directly related to the value of gold meaning the that when the dollar is worth less gold is worth more. So you're only technically making money because the cost of goods rise when the value of the dollar drops.

Look at that, you got to learn something today!!

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: cenpuppie

well you know with all the hoarding of gold happening right now there's probably a correction in the works

QE4? or wait is it 5 or 6 now?

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Does anyone know or remember , it is still illegal in the US to own precious metals ?
It was signed into law during WW 2 and never rescinded

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

www.moonlightmint.com...

Yup, progressive hero FDR 10 years after the 1913 Federal Reserve act

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 10:26 PM
link   

From the research conducted, it appears each physical piece of gold has been sold to 4 or more owners who could all claim ownership. You can see the problem if they all wanted to claim the physical investment... mainly that 3 out of the 4 owners would be sadly out of luck and up the creek.

Financial institutions are nothing more than thugs in suits.

~Winter

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

www.moonlightmint.com...

Yup, progressive hero FDR 10 years after the 1913 Federal Reserve act

You are right. I was before WW2 . Shame on me from going from an old man's memory....

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Oh I wasn't correcting you just corroborating.

This is one of my favorite topics.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Winterpain

That's why you need physical assets. The Rothschild say the market is something you are in and out of quick.

My theory is that a large portion of the world's real gold is locked under the Vatican or in Switzerland.

edit on 7-7-2018 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

It's an open secret that China is buying as much physical gold assets as it can and is likely the #2 or #3 largest holder (if we believe Fort Knox still holds our/US stock and that we're #1). However, they are not accurately reporting their true holdings publicly.

I've also heard there is a huge amount off the books in the Philippines, but have no confirmation on how true that is.
edit on 7-7-2018 by Winterpain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Well, Gaddafi had 200 billion dollars worth of gold in his palaces when they killed him.

I think all that gold is under the Vatican. It's a theory I've been compiling for years now.

Think about it... the Egyptian pyramids all emptied, Alexander, Rome, Persia all of them ransacked by the Roman empire. All of it collected within the Vatican over prolonged periods of time. I've heard the College of Cardinals are actually the ones who control the Mafia as well.

wikivisually.com...

The black nobility are the real power players behind many of the world financial markets if you ask me and they control much of the world's finances from London through the banking system.

en.wikipedia.org...

Many histories position the crucial historical development of a banking system to medieval and Renaissance Italy and particularly the affluent cities of Florence, Venice and Genoa. The Bardi and Peruzzi Families dominated banking in 14th century Florence, establishing branches in many other parts of Europe.[1] The most famous Italian bank was the Medici bank, established by Giovanni Medici in 1397.[2] The oldest bank still in existence is Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena, headquartered in Siena, Italy, which has been operating continuously since 1472.[3]

Not to mention the Templars.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Which means that the face value of gold should go up by four times. The reasoning being that if four people paid a million dollars each, which is four million, for one million dollars worth of gold, then the price will move accordingly because supply cant make demand.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Also, I think the Cult of Saturnalia plays a major roll as well.

www.varchive.org...

Age of Kronos or Saturn. The Saturn symbolism is hidden in everything and why I think the elite really value gold and adorn themselves in it and bury themselves in it.

The age that man later called the Age of Kronos (Saturn) was remembered with nostalgia as an age of bliss. References to the Age of Kronos in the ancient lore are very numerous.(1)

Remember the old saying... follow the money

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

Which means that the face value of gold should go up by four times. The reasoning being that if four people paid a million dollars each, which is four million, for one million dollars worth of gold, then the price will move accordingly because supply cant make demand.

www.rt.com...

PHYSICAL gold is under valued

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

It does mean any individuals or institutions holding the gold after the dust settles would have an extremely valuable commodity, that is true.

But I don't think anyone has questions of who's going to be left holding the gold. They may give small bits up if a few owners request in small quantities, but the second any large withdraws are requested in quantity, the banks are locking the doors and walking away.

Those owning the paper will have nothing but anger, and those who hold no ownership but the gold are extremely rich.

~Winter

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 11:02 PM
link   

well that's why I believe in purchasing assets that produce value such as a farm let's say, a farm can always produce a value that is something that you can exchange for gold

it ends up being more valuable than gold because it's an actual consumer good your producing and your exchanging it for gold or in other words currency to purchase something else

this is really the best form of economy and what we could get back to if the population density was what it was 200 years ago

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Does anyone know or remember , it is still illegal in the US to own precious metals ?

Yes it was by Gerald Ford in 1977. You can legally buy and sell gold in fact if you want some from the US mint you cant buy it here.
catalog.usmint.gov...

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

Yes it was by Gerald Ford in 1977. You can legally buy and sell gold in fact if you want some from the US mint you cant buy it here.
catalog.usmint.gov...

Yes , you can legally buy and sell gold. That wasnt even the case in point. It was legal to trade back then. Until they confiscated them. (They being the US Federal Government . I will not take time to explain what the US Federal Government is)
Precious metals are still technically illegal to own in the US .
The US government COULD confiscate the precious metals today.
At least stay on point.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

catalog.usmint.gov...

Yes , you can legally buy and sell gold. That wasnt even the case in point. It was legal to trade back then. Until they confiscated them. (They being the US Federal Government . I will not take time to explain what the US Federal Government is)
Precious metals are still technically illegal to own in the US .
The US government COULD confiscate the precious metals today.
At least stay on point.

Again no they arent you can legally own precious metals in the US you are getting information from conspiracy sites. I have purchased alot of gold coins from the US mint. Something people may not know is they are produced in the west point mint. Fort knox is not the only gold depository.
edit on 7/7/18 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Yep, I completely agree with owning assets which produce continued income. Not saying I'm against owning commodities which hold value BTC/Gold/Silver/Etc, as I think it's often safer than risking currency inflation/devaluation. But I don't count on those investments in making a livable income.

I also invest in stocks, but I try to ensure they pay dividends and cover a wide market spectrum. Personally, I think the markets are completely manipulated and don't trust them, I do know that Wallstreet/corporations own most politicians who will ensure the racket keeps going, the systems stay rigged, and likely won't let it fail completely. Not saying it's right, just saying if you can't beat them join them.

And remember, if things ever do go to hell... Shiny rocks are nothing. Critical Medicine (Anti-biotics, insulin, prednisone, heart, etc.), food, shelter, safety, etc... these are the only investments which matter. Someone in need will give up each and every shiny rock and realize what commodities actually have value. And if nothing happens to get us to that point, it's likely most investment areas will remain somewhat steady.

~Winter

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join