It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bank refuses to return clients gold

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   
This is interesting, as a Bank in Europe has refused to deliver a clients physical gold, many people don't seem to realize that this supposed archaic relic is still an alternative currency on the FX. But when
banks are restricting big clients from having it in their physical possession, alongside restricting cash withdrawals to a hundred thousand, and then having to give good reasons why you want that amount of can we see a problem developing here?

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

take your money and buy something physical with it that will continue to produce a value down the road and you don't have to worry about it anymore

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

take your money and buy something physical with it that will continue to produce a value down the road and you don't have to worry about it anymore

Its called "common sense possession".. don't entrust anyone with your valuables including money. There's an old saying " when you lend people your money, you have to think you are just giving it to them".

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

this is why I've never understood giving your money to the government or a union

uhhh no, give it to me please I will buy something with it, thanks

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Everyone should just hide all their money under their mattress... It'll be so much safer their.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
Everyone should just hide all their money under their mattress... It'll be so much safer their.

Until the house burns.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Um he did he bought gold.
OP:

refused to deliver a clients physical gold

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

I'm talking about keeping it and gold doesn't produce a value it maintains it

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Gold and Silver must be a real problem to Fiat currencies. They might be able to manipulate it, but the fact remains like real estate that their is a limited supply unlike fiat .The only problem is when you cant get physical possession, only digital possession, it might mean they haven't got it anymore. Which is the real reason, they made the bail in laws, because in reality you can get all the fiat you want because their is an unlimited supply but the PM's are reality which is another matter entirely.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   
He now realizes he has paper receipts instead of gold.

Banks are the devil.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic ... Its called "common sense possession".. don't entrust anyone with your valuables including money. There's an old saying " when you lend people your money, you have to think you are just giving it to them".

In Mexico we say, "Lo prestado es hermano a lo regalado.", that is, What you lend is brother to what you give away.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
*There.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Since when?

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 08:30 PM
link   
When I was younger, like 20 years+ I called one of those, buy Gold coins commercials, and asked some questions, I was all sold until, I asked, " So when do you mail the gold coins after purchase? " his reply was that there was no mailing of the coins, because I was buying them but they would hold onto them for me. I said, I'd much rather enjoy them upclose and he said, that after I bought, I could pay an extra fee to have some of them I really liked sent to me to enjoy and send back after a disclosed period of time.

I hung up and never looked back, what a scamalamadingdong...

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Gold does not produce value unless of course you are a mining company

Its a store of wealth not a wealth creator in most cases

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Weird... I bought a few pounds at $400 an ounce and sold it later for $1650 an ounce.

It certainly produced value for me... that's how I bought my property.

edit on 7-7-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

originally posted by: musicismagic ... Its called "common sense possession".. don't entrust anyone with your valuables including money. There's an old saying " when you lend people your money, you have to think you are just giving it to them".

In Mexico we say, "Lo prestado es hermano a lo regalado.", that is, What you lend is brother to what you give away.

It is very true.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

that's because you bought it when the value of currency was higher and sold it when the value of currency was lower

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 08:55 PM
link   

that's because you bought it when the value of currency was higher and sold it when the value of currency was lower

So you are saying that it didn't work for me?

Nevermind... I just remembered your financial worldview in an economics thread awhile back.

Carry on!!!

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   

oh right my financial worldview in another thread

no it produced a value for you, but since you have this attitude let's do it

in most cases

there's a reason why gold is typically thought of as a store of value and not a wealth generator

it's because it's not actually used for anything, most of the price fluctuations tied to gold are due to currency inflation/ deflation and supply and demand

but ya go ahead and talk more #

<<   2  3 >>

join