It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Really Has Me Ticked Off

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: schuyler

My previous license was printed at the DMV while I waited.
That was 2012.
Things change I guess..

That's what I'm saying too. You walk out with it. Mine was renewed in 2013 and it's good until 2020 and I won't need to go in for a new photo until 2027.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
The only thing that ticks me off is my drivers license photo.

Horrible picture.

The worse the picture the better!

I know for myself, if I'm getting pulled over, I've done something stupid after a bout of no sleep - and looking like I'm on my last nerve...

My crappy picture is perfect.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

They only hire the worst photographers. Actually it's whoevers turn it is at that station.
The lady who did registration renewals last week is on camera duty today. Lol.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: mamabeth

I have to renew my license this month too.
Now I need several forms of ID.
Birth cert.
Utility bills.
Credit card.

My wife need a copy of our marriage license too because of the name change.

Crazy... where I live a birth cert (original) is 100 points. nothing more needed. utility bills, credit cards etc, are 25-50 points. My birth cert is as old as me, and looks it.. and they want me to drag it around all the time.. mongrels. lol

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

I would get my new one the same day at the BMV and NEVER mailed!
In my experience,this is the first time I am suppose to wait for my
license to be mailed.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Ah ok I gotcha.

I never knew anyone did same day issuance.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Here in South Carolina, we are Real ID compliant. You either have to bring in Birth Certificate and proof of residency and marriage license if you changed your name or your current passport to get a real ID. The only factor on the license letting anyone know you have a Real ID is a small gold star in the upper right hand corner. Made me think of pre WW2 Germany.

We get our license in the DMV office in about 20 minutes, with two color pictures on it and the aforementioned gold star.

Real ID Act

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: KTemplar

originally posted by: BigDave-AR

Get a post office box!

I had a neighbor receive a new debit card of mine and they not only had it for 2 weeks, they had their kid bring it over opened.

My last name is typical Mc Irish, theirs contained literally 16 letters that I could barely pronounce.

I have the opposite problem last name is 10 letters long ending in Z the joys of being pasty white Irish Mexican mutt with only the last name to show for it.

Don’t forget sunscreen or it’s constant visits to Dermy

Trust me I know all too well anytime I get near the equator I have a guaranteed horrible sunburn last time I was in HI I got severe 2nd Degree burns crossing the pacific in a plane with huge burn blisters isn't an experience I'd like to repeat.

edit on 7/7/2018 by BigDave-AR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Its no longer the B/D MV its now the Dept of safety and homeland security. I was just in there 2 days ago as my old FL ID split as they all seem to do...mine was good for 3 more years but since it split where the expiration was I was being hassled over it and I have a flight next week. So not only did I have to pay again early but also have to wait for the mail. Even the employees were in DHS uniforms like you would see TSA at the airport...it was pretty weird.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   

1) - Go on the Department of Motor Vehicles for your state's website before you go . You can preregister there and when you get to the office , easy as pie .(just don't forget to take the number provided by the website with you.

2) - In Georgia , you get an exact copy of your license on paper that you can use for anything a normal license would do.

3) The paperwork is a hassle , yet I keep things organized at home.

I was in and out in 3 minutes.

edit on 7/7/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
Its no longer the B/D MV its now the Dept of safety and homeland security. I was just in there 2 days ago as my old FL ID split as they all seem to do...mine was good for 3 more years but since it split where the expiration was I was being hassled over it and I have a flight next week. So not only did I have to pay again early but also have to wait for the mail. Even the employees were in DHS uniforms like you would see TSA at the airport...it was pretty weird.

That's nuts no DHS nutters in the DMVs here, I love our simple state.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: BigDave-AR

I currently live in Nashville. The very nice lady who helped me there let me know that nation wide about 3 months ago DMV consolidated into the dept of safety and homeland security. Maybe they haven't updated your location yet. Hell even here I opted not to go to the 3-4 local ones which have 3-5hr wait times and went an hour out of town to one...you could tell it was recently renovated too...it had all the old led boards which show what ticket is called but it was all off in favor of TVs all over with that info and ads and missing people reports...which included nothing but the name...no picture or description...and only ever saw the same 3 names so I guess they don't lose many people here haha. Really though it was pretty odd compared to what I remember last time I went to one...FL called it the MVD.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
a reply to: BigDave-AR

I currently live in Nashville. The very nice lady who helped me there let me know that nation wide about 3 months ago DMV consolidated into the dept of safety and homeland security. Maybe they haven't updated your location yet. Hell even here I opted not to go to the 3-4 local ones which have 3-5hr wait times and went an hour out of town to one...you could tell it was recently renovated too...it had all the old led boards which show what ticket is called but it was all off in favor of TVs all over with that info and ads and missing people reports...which included nothing but the name...no picture or description...and only ever saw the same 3 names so I guess they don't lose many people here haha. Really though it was pretty odd compared to what I remember last time I went to one...FL called it the MVD.

Oh man I've got it too easy after moving here from Cali I've never spent more than 15 minutes tops here....

ETA- They also hand out plates on the spot here they just grab one from the stacks.

If your ever in a blues bar in Nashville and see the Andy T Band give my uncle some love.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd
I've always gotten my new Driver's Licenses though the US Postal Service without any problem.

Same in my state....and so far so good.
I never knew there was any other way?

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth
I don't know whose idea it was in making these new rules/laws...I am mad as heck
and there's nothing I can do.I have to renew my driver's license this coming January.
I have to go through the "normal" procedures and then have to wait 10 days for the
Post Office to deliver my new license! The Post Office??
There have been times I have gotten the WRONG mail in my box and I have to trust
the Post Office to deliver my new license? I don't know if this is going to be nation
wide or what?
I would rather go back to the BMV 10 days later and get my new license.I don't trust
the postal service with this very important document.
Here is the link and this was also broadcasted on our news stations...www.bmv.ohio.gov...

You def. have a valid point. Now if they had a 1st class, hand delivered-must be signed for procedure....ok.

Hell..they mailed me my renewed firearm permit!

What with all the porch package thefts and I.D thefts? 'Got to be a safer way!

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Here in South Carolina, Aiken County, you get your DL on the spot.

They've also set the DMV up so that you go to a desk first (very short line) and you tell the person what you're there for.

They check to see if you have everything (so if you don't you can leave right away and go get it), give you any form you have to fill out, and then a ticket with your number.

Then you get to sit in the lobby.

Yep, that's right: SIT.....not stand in a very long ass line.

Then, when it's your number, you go to the counter that it said to go to and take care of business. If it's a new, or renewed DL, as long as everything is okay, you walk over to the camera station, they take your pic, and you get to sit again for about 5 minutes, and tah-DAH, they hand you your new DL (or permit, or ID card, etc).

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Obviously, what we have learned in this thread is that states have various different ways of accomplishing the drivers license drama. But mailing the license is not all that unusual.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Obviously, what we have learned in this thread is that states have various different ways of accomplishing the drivers license drama. But mailing the license is not all that unusual.

And , that some States are more gratuitous in saving folk's time
I like that
As I said , I was in and out in about 3 minutes.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Get a post office box!

I had a neighbor receive a new debit card of mine and they not only had it for 2 weeks, they had their kid bring it over opened.

My last name is typical Mc Irish, theirs contained literally 16 letters that I could barely pronounce.

Regarding the opening of mail with your name it on it... I put my mail face down (so flaps up) and use a letter opener to slice them all open. Only then do I look at the fronts (with name and address). I've slit open stuff that wasn't mine before but it wasn't because I was a jerk. I have Admin experience and that is the way we opened mail which I still do today.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join