It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AP FACT CHECK: Trump’s half-truths on court case, economy

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: bobbybouchette

Wow, I have to say I did not believe that top image, the bottom you said was fake. It sounds like, well, someone having a stroke. So I fact checked it:

Snopes with Video

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

TRUMP: “Just out that the Obama Administration granted citizenship, during the terrible Iran Deal negotiation, to 2,500 Iranians - including to government officials. How big (and bad) is that?” — tweet Tuesday.

THE FACTS: Nothing in the nuclear agreement addresses the naturalization or immigration of Iranians.

If true, It was perhaps part of a Quid pro quo during the lead up too the agreement , not listed in the actual nuclear agreement...

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Infoshill

TRUMP: “Just out that the Obama Administration granted citizenship, during the terrible Iran Deal negotiation, to 2,500 Iranians - including to government officials. How big (and bad) is that?” — tweet Tuesday.

THE FACTS: Nothing in the nuclear agreement addresses the naturalization or immigration of Iranians.

If true, It was perhaps part of a Quid pro quo during the lead up too the agreement , not listed in the actual nuclear agreement...

And until we have proof we need to treat it as a lie, purported by a leftist Iranian propaganda website, and the President fell victim to it because he unfortunately trusted Fox News.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   

or more than likely he has intel I mean come on you have no idea what info he's looking at

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

or more than likely he has intel I mean come on you have no idea what info he's looking at

I'm gonna call it a lie right now, I just have that feeling.

How long are you giving the president to provide us with evidence before you call it a lie? A week? Two?

I don't think it should take him longer than an hour to come up with a list of recipients from the records. It's now a couple of days later so they should already be ready to back up the claim.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   
What do you call a statement for which there is no evidence?

A lie.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron
It's difficult to debate facts, and I think everyone is running out of personal attacks and I'm still here.

Plus, the less attention a thread gets, the faster it disappears.

What facts, though? The North Korea thing is 100% opinion, be it an optimistic one from the administration or a pessimistic one from others. The DNC donor lawsuit case is, again, a statement of opinion from the administration. Their position is that they did nothing wrong and this is a witch hunt... so far no evidence has been presented to indicate they're not being honest in that, so the whole Trump/Russia collusion thing is total speculation and opinion at this point. The 2,500 Iranians story is very much a case of "you'll find what you want to find depending on where you look." Obviously that type of arraingement isn't going to be enumerated in the official documentation of the agreement, Obama wasn't even stupid or arrogant enough to leave that type of paper trail. It's relatable to the Trump/Russia collusion story, really... both have about the same amount of supporting evidence so far, that is a lot of second hand stories and speculation. Is the Iranian claim that Obama agreed to trade a deal for selected Iranian citizenship in the US unbelievable? No, not at all.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   

edit on 8-7-2018 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   

I did not know the AP was doing fact checking with opinions, suggestions, and their own spin. Maybe I missed all the sourcing.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: randomthoughts12

Yeah, all the articles are posted during the week and then they do a fact check recap for the week and mark it as commentary, so all the other new networks know it's commentary. For all the related articles go to apnews.com and do a search for the actual article.

And they do post fact checks on politicians, European, Asian ones, other public figures and so on. However, they are getting more frequent and they seem to be mostly about our administration over the last couple of months. May be related to the amount of disinfo coming out from D.C..

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   

how do feelings work within the context of fact checking just curious?

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Well, this thread deflated rather quickly.

However, I will say this, kudos to the OP for calling out a leftist n00b acct, most likely created just to call out a few Trump supporters, meh.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   
The AP hires political activists.
Just google the name of their contributors and journalists if you don't believe me. They are after all staking their credibility on the fact you won't....

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

how do feelings work within the context of fact checking just curious?

You're totally right, I used the wrong word. Feelings have nothing to do with it, nor do opinions. Have you found any facts yet to refute anything in the OP?

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
Well, this thread deflated rather quickly.

However, I will say this, kudos to the OP for calling out a leftist n00b acct, most likely created just to call out a few Trump supporters, meh.

It never even picked up, bud. Believe it or not, people don't like facts these days. They'd rather accept what they're told.

Meh, doesn't bother me, I don't think this will be the last one. If AP does it weekly from now on, so will I.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
The AP hires political activists.
Just google the name of their contributors and journalists if you don't believe me. They are after all staking their credibility on the fact you won't....

They're actually very transparent about who they hire, and they have many, many affiliates world wide. They put all of their financials online, all of their spending, trip expenses, auditors And all that.

You know what, we've done this last week when you guys didn't want to discuss the facts checks and just went after AP, and couldn't find anything bad about them apart from your opinions. So, forgive me but I will refrain from defending those who do the fact checking.

Like I said last week -- it's those that need to be fact checked that are the issue. Let's focus on that.

Does anyone, including you Jay, have any facts to refute the facts in the OP. Regardless of what you think about AP, facts are facts right? Or if you guys think these are not facts, tell us why that is, please., with proof.

Thanks.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join