It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spirit Material?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: InTheLight

And that may very well be the case.

The universe itself may turn out to be conscious in ways we simply don't have the ability to perceive nor will be able to comprehend.

Fact of the "matter" is humanity may not be that special in the grand scheme of things.

Everything that exists is special in the grand scheme of things, everything is here for a reason rather we know what that reason is or not. One thing I do know is it's not our job to worry about these things but to just enjoy the life we have. Sure, everyones quest for knowledge is infinite even my own but sometimes we gotta stand back and enjoy what we have. Rather we worry about why what and where our life will end one day and I do want to be old knowing I appreciated everything god blessed me with. Family, home, food, etc. But we all came into this life for a reason, there is not such things as an accident.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

Could he use this as a method to test abilities? If he does and disproves any disruption in wave particles, would you then say the abilities do not exist and not surmise that perhaps the spirit's abilities are not composed of quantum particles and that we should try another measuring method, or would you surmise that it proves that it does not exist using one method?

This new way to track unobserved quantum particles could allow scientists to test old predictions in quantum mechanics. These include ideas like that a particle can exist in two places at the same time, or suggestions like telepathy in which information can be transmitted between two people without any particles traveling between them. So, not only does this research prove that what was once thought to be a physical impossibility is, in fact, possible — it also could potentially allow researchers to verify the potential reality of telepathy.

futurism.com...
edit on 17CDT10America/Chicago039101031 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: xBWOMPx

a reply to: InTheLight

And that may very well be the case.

The universe itself may turn out to be conscious in ways we simply don't have the ability to perceive nor will be able to comprehend.

Fact of the "matter" is humanity may not be that special in the grand scheme of things.

Everything that exists is special in the grand scheme of things, everything is here for a reason rather we know what that reason is or not. One thing I do know is it's not our job to worry about these things but to just enjoy the life we have. Sure, everyones quest for knowledge is infinite even my own but sometimes we gotta stand back and enjoy what we have. Rather we worry about why what and where our life will end one day and I do want to be old knowing I appreciated everything god blessed me with. Family, home, food, etc. But we all came into this life for a reason, there is not such things as an accident.

Yes and as woodcarver offered me $10,000 for testing, I would prefer to spend that $10,000 tripping the world fantastic and having OBEs, say over the Grand Canyon.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: xBWOMPx

"Everything that exists is special in the grand scheme of things"

And yet given the infinite nature of our universe and the reality we assume we experience said "grand scheme of things" will always be beyond our ability to comprehend.

"there is not such things as an accident."

So you subscribe to the notion of predestination?

Let's just say our notion of what constitutes free will is illusory at best and a complete fallacy at worst.

Don't know where i stand on the subject as one notion seems to be diametrically opposed to the other.

Obviously, we lack perspective and the bigger picture to attempt to fathom such ideologies to date.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   

And yet given the infinite nature of our universe and the reality we assume we experience said "grand scheme of things" will always be beyond our ability to comprehend.

Let's just say our notion of what constitutes free will is illusory at best and a complete fallacy at worst.

Don't know where i stand on the subject as one notion seems to be diametrically opposed to the other.

Obviously, we lack perspective and the bigger picture to attempt to fathom such ideologies to date.

We have free will, dont get me wrong, we have infinite paths to go down but it is our choice to the life we live. Look, I do have my opinion and faith in these things,I wont try nor can I prove to you about anything. I know everyone wants the ultimate answer but we will never get it until we die. It is up to each and every individual to find the answer they seek and sometimes it's so small and simple and right in front of them this whole time a lot will never see it.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   

"But we all came into this life for a reason, there is not such things as an accident."

Well hold on now, Since you believe in the scriptures as I do I have to ask, would an accident cause regret or would regret cause an accident?

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Maybe everything just happens at once and time or our perception of such is a construct to allow us to attempt to make sense of it all?

Personally, i subscribe to the multiverse theory myself, infinite diversity in infinite combination probably applies to more than just our own dimension or plane of existence.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArchangelOger

"But we all came into this life for a reason, there is not such things as an accident."

Well hold on now, Since you believe in the scriptures as I do I have to ask, would an accident cause regret or would regret cause an accident?

I dont hold on to things in my past, it's always been easy for me to move forward, live and let live I guess. I have never heard that question before. I do know everyone has there hardship in life they have to go through regardless of who you are but it is your choice to make of who you become. Like the native Americans have said, you have a dark wolf and a light wolf, the one you feed is the one you become.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: ArchangelOger

From chaos comes order though, as math and the universal constant seems to perfectly illustrate.

As to reason, well is that not dependant on perspective?

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

originally posted by: InTheLight

Your definitely annoying, hows that for definition.
_javascript:yvid()
Open your mind mate, its not painful.
I have a high standard when it comes to these discussions. That high standard comes from my training as a scientist.

Since spirit is ethereal, what special training in this field as a scientist might you share with us?
You have just made a claim there that spirit is ethereal. How did you come to that conclusion? Have you tested the spirit and found it to be a serial seria you have just made a claim there that spirit is ethereal. How did you come to that conclusion? Have you tested spirit and found it to be ethereal? Which definition of ethereal are you using?

If so I would love to see your work. But I’m guessing you are also just using words that you think sound cool.

Just from experience which is my reality in the ether, much more than what you have. And the words are cool because the experience is cool, it just comes through, I guess.
I have $10,000 waiting for you if you can prove that you have any sort of life in the ethereal.

We went through this before if you can convince me that your methodology is not prejudiced and that the measuring instrumentation actually can do what we want it to do from past successful measuring studies and that it is calibrated properly to measure what? what is spirit made of? how do you propose to measure something that we don't know from what it is made? Unless you have instrumentation that can measure all forms of energy?
you claim to have abilities. We can certainly test that?

No you cannot test any abilities with present methodology and means.
That would depend on the abilities that are claimed. What are your abilities and are they testable or not?

Yes, they are testable but not through other people, it's your own job to find the answer!
As I said before that totally depends on the abilities that you claim to have what abilities do you have?

Nobody is a mutant with abilities and everybody is gifted with the same spiritual ability. Like I said, it's nothing you can test on others but you can investigate it yourself and make your own conclusion. Are you understanding the answer I am giving you or do you need it broken down better for you to understand?

I’m not interested in personal anecdotes. If there is something to this phenomenon, then there is something more than personal anecdotes that people can share on an anonymous message board on the freaking Internet. If you have something more than personal anecdotes please share it.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: imitator

Just curious, have you tested anyone that claims to have special abilities?
If so, could you link me to your test research.

I have tested plenty of people. But I have never found anything worth publishing. Nobody has ever presented an actual ability that was worth writing about.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   

We have free will, dont get me wrong, we have infinite paths to go down but it is our choice to the life we live. Look, I do have my opinion and faith in these things,I wont try nor can I prove to you about anything. I know everyone wants the ultimate answer but we will never get it until we die. It is up to each and every individual to find the answer they seek and sometimes it's so small and simple and right in front of them this whole time a lot will never see it.
You certainly have a lot of answers. Although I’m certain they just come out of your imagination. Do you have anything more than anecdotes?

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   

"You certainly have a lot of answers."

You sure dont. LoL

Take a chill pill dude.

We are still waiting on anything meaningful from your direction, lets hear you anecdotes then?
x
edit on 7-7-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Moongirl

imaginary thought energy.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   

You certainly have a lot of answers. Although I’m certain they just come out of your imagination. Do you have anything more than anecdotes?

If you have a problem with peoples answers on here then dont ask a question you already know an answer to. Surely you can find a scientific community with known scientist who have been scientifically studying this phenomenon for quite some time. Im sure they can provide the answers you are seeking. But dont come to an open forum seeking questions from random people you dont know who have only personal experiences you bash on and deny as an answer. That doesn't seem to bright of someone who claims to be very particular of his/her studies and having high standards.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   

I have tested plenty of people. But I have never found anything worth publishing. Nobody has ever presented an actual ability that was worth writing about.

You, of course, would not question your methodology or testing methods, now would you?

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   

You don't have anything online that validates your tests? That would seem to be a waste of research, to not include null and negative results, case reports, notes and observations.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   

You, of course, would not question your methodology or testing methods, now would you?
I always do. What I am suggesting, is that we all put our heads together to determine the proper methods to test some of the claims that have been brought up. If you are truly interested in this subject then you should be open to being involved in the process.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   

If you have a problem with peoples answers on here then dont ask a question you already know an answer to. Surely you can find a scientific community with known scientist who have been scientifically studying this phenomenon for quite some time. Im sure they can provide the answers you are seeking. But dont come to an open forum seeking questions from random people you dont know who have only personal experiences you bash on and deny as an answer. That doesn't seem to bright of someone who claims to be very particular of his/her studies and having high standards.
I am here because this is where I find people who claim to have abilities. Do you have abilities?

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   

You don't have anything online that validates your tests? That would seem to be a waste of research, to not include null and negative results, case reports, notes and observations.

No I don’t have Anything online that pertains to this. If I had ever found anything interesting enough to put online then I could justify taking the time to do that. Do you have any abilities that I can test?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join