It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spirit Material?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

originally posted by: Woodcarver

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: Woodcarver

What words don't i understand? LoL

Go condescend to someone that actually cares mate.

I have been stating actual science and experimentation is required repeatedly in this thread.

Jog along now inflammatory little doggie and burn some things before you get bitten. x

Let the adults debate in peace.

Can we please stay on topic and will you please refrain from making threats?

The topic is what is the spirit composed of, we all agree that we do not know, but we can theorize about it. We do however, believe that it is in existence from personal experience, which you have no knowledge, so you really cannot contribute to this thread in any meaningful manner.
I assume you don’t believe in skepticism?

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   

I have been stating actual science and experimentation is required repeatedly in this thread.

Jog along now inflammatory little doggie and burn some things before you get bitten. x

The topic is what is the spirit composed of, we all agree that we do not know, but we can theorize about it. We do however, believe that it is in existence from personal experience, which you have no knowledge, so you really cannot contribute to this thread in any meaningful manner.

Well let’s focus on you for a little while. What abilities do you claim to have? And how are they useful to you?
edit on 7-7-2018 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Your definitely annoying, hows that for definition.
_javascript:yvid()
Open your mind mate, its not painful.
I have a high standard when it comes to these discussions. That high standard comes from my training as a scientist.

Since spirit is ethereal, what special training in this field as a scientist might you share with us?
You have just made a claim there that spirit is ethereal. How did you come to that conclusion? Have you tested the spirit and found it to be a serial seria you have just made a claim there that spirit is ethereal. How did you come to that conclusion? Have you tested spirit and found it to be ethereal? Which definition of ethereal are you using?

If so I would love to see your work. But I’m guessing you are also just using words that you think sound cool.

Just from experience which is my reality in the ether, much more than what you have. And the words are cool because the experience is cool, it just comes through, I guess.
I have $10,000 waiting for you if you can prove that you have any sort of life in the ethereal.

We went through this before if you can convince me that your methodology is not prejudiced and that the measuring instrumentation actually can do what we want it to do from past successful measuring studies and that it is calibrated properly to measure what? what is spirit made of? how do you propose to measure something that we don't know from what it is made? Unless you have instrumentation that can measure all forms of known energy? What if spirit is an unknown energy?
edit on 17CDT10America/Chicago002101031 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   

I assume you don’t believe in skepticism?

I most certainly do believe in skepticism, unless my experiences are so many that I am at the point of 'no explanation', it is then that I am forced to have an open mind.

link   

I have a high standard when it comes to these discussions. That high standard comes from my training as a scientist.

Since spirit is ethereal, what special training in this field as a scientist might you share with us?
You have just made a claim there that spirit is ethereal. How did you come to that conclusion? Have you tested the spirit and found it to be a serial seria you have just made a claim there that spirit is ethereal. How did you come to that conclusion? Have you tested spirit and found it to be ethereal? Which definition of ethereal are you using?

If so I would love to see your work. But I’m guessing you are also just using words that you think sound cool.

Just from experience which is my reality in the ether, much more than what you have. And the words are cool because the experience is cool, it just comes through, I guess.
I have $10,000 waiting for you if you can prove that you have any sort of life in the ethereal.

We went through this before if you can convince me that your methodology is not prejudiced and that the measuring instrumentation actually can do what we want it to do from past successful measuring studies and that it is calibrated properly to measure what? what is spirit made of? how do you propose to measure something that we don't know from what it is made? Unless you have instrumentation that can measure all forms of energy?
you claim to have abilities. We can certainly test that?

link   
e

originally posted by: Moongirl
Would anyone know what are spirits made out of?

From my personal experiences when I was young and meditated through out my younger teenage years there is most certainly a life after this physical realm, I studied muay thai for 3 years and in order to be trained I had to meditate and learn to control my energy for disciplinary purposes. I use to know how to raise my body temperature by a couple degrees, I had to to prove self control. My trainer told me the purpose is to keep my mind sound and pure so I dont use my talent to hurt others. Meditation will help you grow a conscience in a nut shell, anyway, I was curious to OBE and asked if it existed and he pretty much said yes and then explained to me how I had to keep myself grounded to protect my self from evil entities that could potentially effect my life. When you are born your conscience or aka soul/energy comes from somewhere, I have my faith to know from where but where it comes from does not have a beginning nor does it have an end. And when you die it ultimately goes somewhere else rather it be to heaven, to be a part of a massive collective awareness or a spiritual realm where time does not exist. You can choose what to believe but through my experience of OBE it most certainly exists and when I had that experience it gave me great comfort to life after death. I myself have come to a conclusion a year ago that I accept Jesus Christ and the holy spirit. All my life i never believed in that and the day I did sounded so crazy to me but I had no choice after experiences and evidence. Anyways, your free to believe in what you want but I can assure you there is something after your death so make this life count, it was obviously a gift others seek to take from you in the after life.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   

We went through this before if you can convince me that your methodology is not prejudiced and that the measuring instrumentation actually can do what we want it to do from past successful measuring studies and that it is calibrated properly to measure what? what is spirit made of? how do you propose to measure something that we don't know from what it is made? Unless you have instrumentation that can measure all forms of energy?

No you cannot test any abilities with present methodology and means.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: xBWOMPx
e

From my personal experiences when I was young and meditated through out my younger teenage years there is most certainly a life after this physical realm, I studied muay thai for 3 years and in order to be trained I had to meditate and learn to control my energy for disciplinary purposes. I use to know how to raise my body temperature by a couple degrees, I had to to prove self control. My trainer told me the purpose is to keep my mind sound and pure so I dont use my talent to hurt others. Meditation will help you grow a conscience in a nut shell, anyway, I was curious to OBE and asked if it existed and he pretty much said yes and then explained to me how I had to keep myself grounded to protect my self from evil entities that could potentially effect my life. When you are born your conscience or aka soul/energy comes from somewhere, I have my faith to know from where but where it comes from does not have a beginning nor does it have an end. And when you die it ultimately goes somewhere else rather it be to heaven, to be a part of a massive collective awareness or a spiritual realm where time does not exist. You can choose what to believe but through my experience of OBE it most certainly exists and when I had that experience it gave me great comfort to life after death. I myself have come to a conclusion a year ago that I accept Jesus Christ and the holy spirit. All my life i never believed in that and the day I did sounded so crazy to me but I had no choice after experiences and evidence. Anyways, your free to believe in what you want but I can assure you there is something after your death so make this life count, it was obviously a gift others seek to take from you in the after life.

$10,000 If you can prove any of that. You said you had experiences and evidence. I’m assuming you understand that your experiences are not evidence. So what is this evidence?

link   

Its a sunny afternoon in Glasgow, weans are in the pool and ive got some free time and a few beers at my disposal.

My disposition certainly is not Mad.

Tell me how do we eliminate something we do not fully understand or can even perceive in any kind of meaningful manner?

I take it you would just burn it to find out whats inside?

Are you sure you are a scientist and don't just work at a crematorium?
edit on 7-7-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

link   

Then take your high standards and do your own study to prove everyone right or wrong. But dont come here with your "High standards" and bash everyone's faith or indirectly tell them they are wrong because you want proof. Maybe in this life we are not meant to prove our afterlife or even go to other planets but rather enjoy the life we have on earth. If everyone knew the answer to what happened to you after you died you think we would be here? God gave us the answer, if you dont believe in that then go find out yourself, it's a personal choice.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   

That would depend on the abilities that are claimed. What are your abilities and are they testable or not?

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   

e

$10,000 If you can prove any of that. You said you had experiences and evidence. I’m assuming you understand that your experiences are not evidence. So what is this evidence?

I never said I had evidence to show, I dont need to prove to you nor anyone else what I believe in. I denied the existance of jesus christ for 35 years until last year from my own personal experience and evidence. Go find your own way like a lot of others have. It's nobody's job to prove you anything.
edit on 7-7-2018 by xBWOMPx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   

That would depend on the abilities that are claimed. What are your abilities and are they testable or not?

Yes, they are testable but not through other people, it's your own job to find the answer!

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   

From what I see in the scientific community, only telepathy is being measured. Perhaps we need to follow a new way of thinking about how to measure that which cannot be seen, but you won't like it, because we now come back to quantum particles.

David Arvidsson-Shukur, the study’s first author and a Ph.D. student at Cambridge’s Cavendish Laboratory, became interested in a physics premise called “the wave function.” While it seemed to contain a wealth of information, it had been used more as a mathematical tool than a representation of actual quantum particles, Arvidsson-Shukur explained in a press release. “That’s why we took on the challenge of creating a way to track the secret movements of quantum particles.”

futurism.com...

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Yes, they are testable but not through other people, it's your own job to find the answer!
As I said before that totally depends on the abilities that you claim to have what abilities do you have?

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   

From what I see in the scientific community, only telepathy is being measured. Perhaps we need to follow a new way of thinking about how to measure that which cannot be seen, but you won't like it, because we now come back to quantum particles.

David Arvidsson-Shukur, the study’s first author and a Ph.D. student at Cambridge’s Cavendish Laboratory, became interested in a physics premise called “the wave function.” While it seemed to contain a wealth of information, it had been used more as a mathematical tool than a representation of actual quantum particles, Arvidsson-Shukur explained in a press release. “That’s why we took on the challenge of creating a way to track the secret movements of quantum particles.”

futurism.com...
Is he testing this method of tracking quantum particles in the hopes of understanding the abilities that some people claim to have?

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Well the dude exists, that's an ability.

Let see you define existence in any kind of meaningful manner pertaining to the topic of discussion?

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   

As I said before that totally depends on the abilities that you claim to have what abilities do you have?

Nobody is a mutant with abilities and everybody is gifted with the same spiritual ability. Like I said, it's nothing you can test on others but you can investigate it yourself and make your own conclusion. Are you understanding the answer I am giving you or do you need it broken down better for you to understand?
edit on 7-7-2018 by xBWOMPx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

And that may very well be the case.

The universe itself may turn out to be conscious in ways we simply don't have the ability to perceive nor will be able to comprehend.

Fact of the "matter" is humanity may not be that special in the grand scheme of things.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Just curious, have you tested anyone that claims to have special abilities?
If so, could you link me to your test research.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join