It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Foreign Ministry says talks with Pompeo 'regrettable,'

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

I recall with Russia a couple of decades back...we each agreed to let the other KEEP a few 1,000s of nukes..

I assume N.K.will still be allowed to KEEP some they have now...and most people don't get that..keep those ya got, just don't make more..

No matter what Puppet Pence said or didn't...it doesn't matter...and that's not any "fake" news or point

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   
So many Trump supporters were going off about how this was soon great victory for Trump. 'Trump wins Korean denuclearization! Peace in our time!'.

How terribly naive.
edit on 7-7-2018 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Who said I was wishing for doom and gloom? I do however live in the real world. And I'm telling you, you're fooling yourself if you think NK is giving up their nukes without a fight.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: nightbringr
So many Trump supporters were going off about how this was soon great victory for Trump. 'Trump wins Korean denuclearization! Peace in our time!'.

How terribly naive.

What? You mean you're not going to buy a commemorative coin?

lol.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

How terribly naive.

What? You mean you're not going to buy a commemorative coin?

lol.

What would said coin be stamped with?

I suspect a smiling, handshaking Trump and Kim on the head side, and a mushroom cloud over Seattle on the tails side?

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   
It's disturbing how excited the media is to report any inkling of a possibility these talks will fall apart. "Yes! Nuclear war! At least we don't have to give Trump credit!"

This is a whole lot of nothing right now. Likely just more posturing. We'll see.

If anything, I'd say this indicates they need to meet directly with Kim more. His underlings may not be fully on board with the peace process. He actually mentioned this to John Bolton at the summit, that some of his hard-liners were trying to steer him off this path.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Boy are some people here just drooling hoping the talks with NK fail. Would you just rather we go to open hostilities?

Negotiations will continue.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   
The leftist in this thread never cease to amaze me.

For the first time, we were looking at a moment with which a terrible human being would have cast away his negative deeds and pull his people out the dirt, literally.

For a moment, we believe that people could change for better as this issue stems from a non partisan one, rather, for the better of the people. It isn't naive to believe that.

But, because TRUMP, we're left with the BS quips an snide remarks, because why not? And once more thankful these leftist lost and continue to lose.

Hey, we engaged and NOW we know. However, the story is still developing so who knows what will happen.

We've seen this kind of thing before, so we shall see what happens in the end.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil
Boy are some people here just drooling hoping the talks with NK fail. Would you just rather we go to open hostilities?

That's how much they hate Trump. They'd rather see military conflict than have to give Trump credit for success.

That, ladies and gentlemen, is Trump Derangement Syndrome.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

That's how much they hate Trump. They'd rather see military conflict than have to give Trump credit for success.

Absolutely nailed it.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   

I hate both Trump and Hillary.

But let's be honest, all the conservatives in ATS did the exact same thing when Bill Clinton's rapprochement with Kim's father failed. I was here and remember it.

For what it's worth, I am a conservative. You CAN be conservative and despite Trump, btw. And I sincerely do hope for peace. But it was laughable how all the Trumpian lemmings here were convinced beyond a doubt NK would denuclearize.

edit on 7-7-2018 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   

But let's be honest, all the conservatives in ATS did the exact same thing when Bill Clinton's rapprochement with Kim's father failed. I was here and remember it.

For what it's worth, I am a conservative. You CAN be conservative and despite Trump, btw. And I sincerely do hope for peace. But it was laughable how all the Trumpian lemmings here were convinced beyond a doubt NK would denuclearize.

I can only speak for myself. I'm well aware you can be conservative and despise Trump. In fact, I don't blame you. Trump isn't exactly my idea of a model President. I find myself defending him over and over because the opposition to him has gotten so absurd, but he was far from my first choice in the primary. And I wasn't convinced NK was sincere, nor am I convinced yet. I simply see this as a road we had to go down. I didn't think we'd get this far down it to be honest. I thought strikes would've been necessary months ago. I hope it never comes to that, I hope Trump can succeed on the diplomatic front, however unlikely that is.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   

I can only speak for myself. I'm well aware you can be conservative and despise Trump. In fact, I don't blame you. Trump isn't exactly my idea of a model President. I find myself defending him over and over because the opposition to him has gotten so absurd, but he was far from my first choice in the primary. And I wasn't convinced NK was sincere, nor am I convinced yet. I simply see this as a road we had to go down. I didn't think we'd get this far down it to be honest. I thought strikes would've been necessary months ago. I hope it never comes to that, I hope Trump can succeed on the diplomatic front, however unlikely that is.

On this we agree then.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   

On this we agree then.

I can also agree that some Trump supporters have gotten way ahead of themselves on declaring this a success when it's in the very early stages, just as some Trump haters have gotten way ahead of themselves on declaring it a failure every time there's a hiccup.
edit on 7 7 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Liberals say they want the economy to fail and go into recession so they can blame it on Trump. You can't make this up.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
The leftist in this thread never cease to amaze me.

For the first time, we were looking at a moment with which a terrible human being would have cast away his negative deeds and pull his people out the dirt, literally.

For a moment, we believe that people could change for better as this issue stems from a non partisan one, rather, for the better of the people. It isn't naive to believe that.

But, because TRUMP, we're left with the BS quips an snide remarks, because why not? And once more thankful these leftist lost and continue to lose.

Hey, we engaged and NOW we know. However, the story is still developing so who knows what will happen.

We've seen this kind of thing before, so we shall see what happens in the end.

you weren't so calm and collected when talks were positive...

you were probably as quick to scream nobel when things were sounding positive as the 'leftists' screamed Trumps fault at the sight of uncertainties.

problem number 1 in this country. Personalized politics.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Apparently it's ok to push for war. We should move everyone who thinks war with North Korea is good to South Korea. I wonder if they might have the same opinion.

Of course I believe this story is either completely false or intentionally misleading. If anyone thought this would be a simple negotiation they are not paying attention. I expect the leadership of North Korea to push back, this is how negotiations work.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Everyone accept Trump and his diehards knew NK idea of denuclearization included the removal of US assets in the region as well as missile defense programs.

NK representatives have made that clear for years and now that Trump has pissed off China and NK has made the US look like the one breaking deals as well as Trump legitimizing little Kim with his meet and greets it looks like the US has lost a ton of credibility to pressure NK.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73

Apparently it's ok to push for war. We should move everyone who thinks war with North Korea is good to South Korea. I wonder if they might have the same opinion.

Of course I believe this story is either completely false or intentionally misleading. If anyone thought this would be a simple negotiation they are not paying attention. I expect the leadership of North Korea to push back, this is how negotiations work.

Well said. If it does escalate to war though, it won't be as disastrous for SK as the media likes to make it sound. NK's military is in shambles.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
Everyone accept Trump and his diehards knew NK idea of denuclearization included the removal of US assets in the region as well as missile defense programs.

NK representatives have made that clear for years and now that Trump has pissed off China and NK has made the US look like the one breaking deals as well as Trump legitimizing little Kim with his meet and greets it looks like the US has lost a ton of credibility to pressure NK.

How is attempting to negotiate with Kim losing credibility? This comment makes no sense. Negotiations should always come before actions. Negotiation can only make the party who is unwilling ro negotiate look bad.

How else are we supposed to solve problems. Should we give the country over to the neocons and just go straight to war. How is the demon we gave birth to in the middle east making the US look right now?
edit on 7-7-2018 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join