It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Upcoming UFO Movie Based On 2006 O'Hare UFO Sighting? See Trailer...

page: 1

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 04:37 AM
link   
I thought this would be a cool post for this forum. An upcoming movie, entitled "UFO", starring the X-Files, Gillian Anderson, (who was born in Chicago), seems to be loosely based on the 2006 Chicago O'Hare UFO sighting. On November 7, 2006, people at Chicago O'Hare International Airport reported seeing a disc-shaped UFO hovering above the airport for @5 minutes, before shooting through the "clouds at high velocity, leaving a clear blue hole in the cloud layer". It was seen by "a dozen United Airlines employees, ranging from pilots to supervisors", but the FAA believed all they saw, on that day, was just a weird "weather phenomenon" and failed to do a follow up investigation on it. However, the National Aviation Reporting Center on Anomalous Phenomena (NARCAP), in a published report, stated that “Anytime an airborne object can hover for several minutes over a busy airport but not be registered on radar or seen visually from the control tower, (it) constitutes a potential threat to flight safety”.

Quoted content from this Wikipedia link: en.wikipedia.org...

This upcoming movie, which will be released sometime in September, is about a rash of UFO sightings that are occurring at airports around the United States. A college student, haunted by a past UFO sighting, tries to persuade people that aliens are attemptng to make contact. This movie must be awful, because it's skipping theaters and going straight to Video On Demand. Personally, I would love to see a docudrama based on the 2006 O'Hare UFO sighting. My gut says that it was a genuine extraterrestrial craft that hovered above the airport on that day and the government covered it up, by dismissing it as just "weird weather."

"I tend to be scientific by nature, and I don't understand why aliens would hover over a busy airport," said a United mechanic who said he saw the object while taxiing a Boeing 777 to a maintenance hangar. "But I know that what I saw and what a lot of other people saw stood out very clearly, and it definitely was not an [Earth] aircraft."

The FAA initially denied there were any reports of a UFO sighting, but later backtracked after a Freedom of Information Act filed by the newspaper revealed the call by the United supervisor to the FAA.

www.cbsnews.com...

Short video clip on the 2006 O'Hare UFO sighting:

Here's the trailer for the movie "UFO":

edit on 7/7/2018 by shawmanfromny because: I STILL keep misspelling "extraterrestrial" LOL

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Can´t wait for it since i watched the trailer after somebody opened a little thread for it, this or last week.

Now we need a good movie about all the sightings and actions (like shutting everything down) at nuclear facilities and military bases which host nuclear weapons.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Ooh It's got David Strathairn in it too.

Gillian Anderson with her fake American accent is always good, better when she speaks normally.. super hot.

Hope they do the topic justice.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 06:47 AM
link   
They should make it a x-files spin off, and in the end reveal that Gillian was a undercover FBI agent, and then Mulder shows up and say: good work Scully, lets go get a coffee.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Ah yes. The swamp-gas lenticular cloud formation that caused mass hysterical hallucinations enhanced by popular culture influenced pareidolia.

Or something along those lines...

Looks like an interesting movie. It probably didn't cost enough millions to make for it to be considered for popular release in theaters. (jk)

I wonder if Gillian Anderson had anything to do with the movie's production. As I understand it, she actually believes in UFOs.

-dex

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Gillian Anderson is she not American? Also after her "phoning it in" on the last two seasons of the X-Files its going to be hard not to have flashbacks.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: SummerRain
Ooh It's got David Strathairn in it too.

Gillian Anderson with her fake American accent is always good, better when she speaks normally.. super hot.

Hope they do the topic justice.

Gillian Anderson was born in Chicago, Illinois, to Rosemary Alyce (Lane), a computer analyst, and Homer Edward Anderson III, who owned a film post-production company. She has English, German, and Irish ancestry. Gillian started her career as a member of an amateur actor group while at high school.
edit on 7-7-2018 by recrisp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Thanks for the heads-up, I'll look forward to seeing it when it's released.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   

well this INSTANTLY goes on my must see movies! Love this sighting. One of my all time favorites. Still to this day, no explanation for what was seen other than something no one could explain, and still hasn't today. Love all the actors involved too. Looks awesome from the trailer.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I saw the trailer a couple of days ago which didn't look half bad, fingers crossed it could be good watch!!

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Springer will be interested in this I would guess.....some very comprehensive sleuthing was done on the incident, enough to say there was something involved in the incident, and that FAA and the like were pretty lax in their investigating.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   
“ My God. That’s Jason Bourne.”

Sorry had to do it.

Cool trailer. I’ll check it out when it hits Netflix Et al.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 09:21 PM
link   

OHare sighting and MIB and the WOW signal all rolled up into one. Could be interesting.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: MorpheusUSA
Gillian Anderson is she not American? Also after her "phoning it in" on the last two seasons of the X-Files its going to be hard not to have flashbacks.

She is American, she just moved to England and developed a hint of a British accent like people sometimes do.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I was there. There was something that was missed........
Power outages were going on that day on the airport. It started in the morning at United, then radio communication failures at the airport. I haven't seen any mention of it in any of the reports about the sighting.

edit on 28-8-2018 by Chupas because: Addition

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Chupas

Hi Chupas.

Welcome.

Were you there traveling through the airport or do you work there ?

Any specifics on any of the power outages or communication issues ( gates, terminals , times, etc.)

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Interesting tidbit. I don’t believe this has been mentioned, thanks.

No one who works there speaks of this incident. As soon as the subject is mentioned to persons who work at O’Hare, a strained tension wraps the air and they essentially pretend as though they were unaware of the sighting, and act like it’s a figment of your imagination, showing less than zero interest. Only thing I can surmise is that there were warnings issued, and some examples set. Should you begin to mention particulars, the date etc, the group will find reason to scatter.

a reply to: Chupas

# 993
edit on 29-8-2018 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join