It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberals, is there an upward limit to immigration

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

who said anything about the Middle East or Europe? This is a philosophical question about weather or not there's an upward limit on immigration

The video you used to paint a picture.

This is a philosophical question about weather or not there's an upward limit on immigration

Not at all. A philosophical discussion doesnt use triggers like

So lefty's

Then fail to provide any evidence for sweeping generalizations like this

Considering it's the people you continue to call racist that are the largest contributor's to these non profit organizations

Allaroundyou states:

like a child throwing out all this blame to just one ideology.

Then baiting with this response.

Let me guess, that's extremely... racist right??

Whether I have looked at a map before pales in comparison to your willful deflections and claims to some higher moral ground.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

let me start by saying that you're obviously not interested in answering the question... you seem more interested in me than anything which isn't unusual. I have a fan base.

Considering it's the people you continue to call racist that are the largest contributor's to these non profit organizations

are you really surprised that conservatives give the most? how about Christian conservatives? as far I know there's a Salvation Army almost everywhere in the US

Washington Times

Newly released data show that the religious among us are more likely to give to charities than those who do not identify with a faith tradition.

RT

The study noted that while the amount of charitable giving by the US as a nation has remained steady at 3 percent, the poorer people are, the greater amount they spend on charity. And this trend has been exacerbated in the years covered by the study, which showed that those earning $25,000 or less contributed 16.6 percent more of their income, while those with incomes of over $200,000 were spending 4.5 percent less of their money on charity in 2012 than in 2006. The study does not give the countrywide overall percentage of money donated by each group.

Salvation Army

Look at what the Salvation Army does world wide.

Everything else in your post isn't worth replying to it's not on topic and it's more about my celebrity worship than anything.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 08:42 PM
link   
My how the circle has turned, in less than 20 years, the parties have changed sides on this very issue.

It goes back and forth, and ultimately people blame the other side for the problems, accusing them of something that is not true, and failing to see the truth of the matter. We live in a house of cards, made out of lies, and then they come down, and it always does, people get really upset and ticked off, though is it cause they are ashamed that they supported the problem and issue, or due to the fact that it makes them look bad, and no one wants to own the problem, it is not my fault, or not in my back yard.

There are many issues and lies around this problem, immigration, and the biggest one is that it is all the Democrats problem. The left this and the left that. Fact and truth be told, not too long ago, maybe about 40, the Republicans were very keen on immigration issues, they were wanting to solve the problem even help Mexico out of its problems, cause they saw that ignoring it and doing business as usual, was not the answer. And predictably, the Democrats screamed that they Republicans were offering amnesty to the immigrants who have broken the law.

And the debate goes on and on. The saddest part of this all, is in the arguments, the bickering, the accusations, many have forgotten the one main thing and that is these are people seeking a dream and life, better than what they have. The US was built on an idea, that we would welcome all, that we would care when no one else would. We would be there to help out and fight against injustice and bring prosperity. Nobel sentiments of all, even the Statue of Liberty, the motto was looked on with pride:

Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
MOTHER OF EXILES. From her beacon-hand
Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.

"Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

And what is even more so, is that when common sense is present, it is ignored and often discarded. They are taking our jobs, yet here is what we should be asking instead: Why is an undocumented worker, who probably speaks one language, has no formal education, why is that person far more desirable to get a job, than some who is a citizen and has an education? What jobs are they going into, that the US citizens decide that they will not do or does not want to do?

If we look into history, this kind of reminds me of the Chinese laborers who came to this country. They build the railroads at a far less pay rate, were barred from working different jobs, yet managed to scrape, fight and become successful in jobs that no one else wanted, and were far more successful than anyone expected them to be.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

I don't believe in holding forth with uninformed opinions. Seriously. It pisses me off when other people spout off opinions on topics they're ignorant about and I'm not about to do it myself.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

let me finish by saying whenever someone questions or provides an alternative you just all over the place rather than answer a question. Why should anyone waste their time in your threads?

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Ever seen Oliver Stone interviewing Putin and the Cheshire cat way of Putin saying that the problem with Americans is that they want everything right now and project into the future? If people had enough patience to watch the interview, they would probably get the same poke I did when I hear Putin say that.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join