It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberals, is there an upward limit to immigration

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Just curious... what's the upward limit on immigration?

Why so many refugees? What gives?

If I were the conspiracy minded sort - I might believe that the conditions that create these massive immigration crises are sometimes created and orchestrated on purpose to destabilize entire regions, along with their governments - and all of their alliances to boot

Regardless - crap happens and then refugees happen after that

Asking how many is too many is a pointless question. How do we fix the whys - not the how manys - is a better question
edit on 7/7/2018 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: madmac5150

Let's face it. The more humans breed, the more space they need.

Globalization will happen whether you like it or not. To be honest with you, what we are living in currently is the growing pains of that globalization. We have already the the second nail in the coffin of it, and it's called the internet, the first was global trade, next who knows.

The first was transportation or containerisation. By switching from wooden pallet boxes to steel plate containers, a manufacturer could guarantee cargo would arrive at the destination exactly as it was packed when it left the factory gate.
Given that it costs £4000 to ship a 40-ton container, that works out at less than 50p an item. Economists find it easier to simply disregard the cost of transportation as it costs more to deliver something 30 miles out of a city than from 24000 miles away.

Internet allows remote working - I used the various web based tools like source code control systems, online bug tracking, instant messaging and chat. Any group of people can join together and work remotely from home. The important factors are communication, reliability and quality of work.

The next one is probably going to be tele-presence and holographic viewing. Imagine being able to visit a doctors surgery for a check-up simply by walking in front of a custom booth with surround cameras.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   
So, are we afraid someone from overseas is going to come over here and take over and destroy our way of life. When is the last time that a warmongering bloodthirsty monotheistic culture did that to other human beings? Oh, wait those monotheistic f——- brought their blood sport here and dragged the rest of us into their conflict with the other materialist no questions allowed monotheistic f—-tards and are trying to convince us that THEY are the ‘good guys’ while they go into everyone else’s country, destabilize governments when it serves their purpose including genocide and arming drug dealers to beat the ‘Communists’ who actually never used the weapons to fight the Communists, they just used them to protect their drug business or due to the devastation and poverty their actions have caused, have been given rise to violent religious extremists who want to cross the pond and stop the other monotheistic religion from taking over the world. They’re all reading Constantine and the Council of Nicea’s book, while calling the Vatican Satanic, but worship using the text the Vatican created. More flatulence. You’re right. We already know what happens when a land is overrun by immigrants and how it affects the indigenous people. We should worry.

edit on 7-7-2018 by eckasha13 because: Saved it too quickly

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: eckasha13

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

originally posted by: SaturnFX
I would gladly have a endless open door policy to people in high demand such as doctors, scientists, etc and their direct immediate 1st gen family (wife/husband/offspring). Get the good ones.

Thus displacing Americans who have paid big bucks to get a higher education with professionals willing to work for lower salaries, instead of filling low paying jobs that Americans don't want.

More doctors
more competitive prices
lower prices for medical procedures due to a large array of private practices.

Forgive me for not crying about how a doctor may have to buy a slightly used yacht every other year due to competition.

As far as lower paying crap jobs....a lot more ditch diggers than doctors out there in todays work force...they want those blue collar jobs

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: eckasha13

So, are we afraid someone from overseas is going to come over here and take over and destroy our way of life.

Who is "we" ?
The US ?
Finland ?
Hungary ?
Cyprus ?
Greece ?
Italy ?
France ? (to an extent)
Germany ? (Merkel is losing power due to this)
Switzerland ?
Austria ?
The list goes on .
So , who is "we" ?

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

More doctors
more competitive prices

...and less incentive for the best qualified to assume the financial risk of eight years of medical school, leading to a downward spiral in the quality of care.

Forgive me for not crying about how a doctor may have to buy a slightly used yacht every other year due to competition.

You don't know many doctors, do you? I knew a few that had to pool together to buy a motorboat to go fishing.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

More doctors
more competitive prices

...and less incentive for the best qualified to assume the financial risk of eight years of medical school, leading to a downward spiral in the quality of care.

You don't know many doctors, do you? I knew a few that had to pool together to buy a motorboat to go fishing.

Average doctor in a little family care makes about 200k. a radiologist will make about 300k. Cardiologists about 315. Its a extremely comfortable living. I'm not hating on them for that, but them making a bit less because doctors become more common than they are now will still have them at about 4-6 times the average salary.
As far as ppl not being inspired to become a doctor...you think they are gonna think hey, why would I go achieve a job paying 250k a year that used to pay 300k a year...might as well just go work at burger king

Sure dude...

Anyhow, you have your opinion, I have mine. Carry on.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Wow, five pages in and NO one has actually answered the question in the OP, just bickered and pontificated on tangential topics. Doesn't anyone have an opinion on t he OP's question? (And no, I don't myself. I don't know enough about immigration numbers to feel i can have a valid opinion. I'm just here to read other's views.)

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: riiver

From the OP:

So lefty's, what is the upward limit on unfettered immigration before our countries collapse into 3rd world murderous rape capitols?

No guts no glory riiver - if you insist that this deserves a serious answer, then take a stab at it
edit on 7/8/2018 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   

As far as ppl not being inspired to become a doctor...you think they are gonna think hey, why would I go achieve a job paying 250k a year that used to pay 300k a year...might as well just go work at burger king

But if they would have to spend the next fifteen years of their life in debt due to student loans, getting an MBA and fleecing strangers on Wall Street might be a more attractive option.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
a reply to: riiver

From the OP:

So lefty's, what is the upward limit on unfettered immigration before our countries collapse into 3rd world murderous rape capitols?

No guts no glory riiver - if you insist that this deserves a serious answer, then take a stab at it

First I want him to tell us whether he still beats his wife.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

I've been listening to Stefan more lately

Just curious. Are you going to ditch your family any time soon?

Screw this cult leader. Pseudo intellectual manipulative douchebag.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Well, is there an upward limit to the population?

Statistics says yes but morality says no.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: toysforadults
Just curious... what's the upward limit on immigration?

Legal immigration? We haven't reached the limit.

Illegal immigration? We've already gone over our carrying capacity because so many are on welfare.

It is a myth that illegal immigrants get welfare. I just researched it. The most they get is free public school education and possibly meal help at school.

Here is one article detailing this.

Huffington Post

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   

I can't turn the TV on anymore without being told I'm racist

Of course you are, its because your TV was made in racially homogeneous South Korea. Lol.

Even the normally weak PC'd UN is finally admitting there is a problem

www.theguardian.com...

Thu 26 Apr 2018 14.00 AEST
Isis trying to foment a wave of migration to Europe, says UN official Fighters fleeing Syria conspiring with local extremists to exploit food crisis in Africa’s Sahel region

Islamic State commanders fleeing Syria are conspiring with extremist groups in Africa to foment and infiltrate a new migration wave destined for Europe, the head of the UN World Food Programme has said.

edit on 8-7-2018 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   

I have logical views...
There is an upward limit to the amount of immigration our country can handle before collapsing.

Somehow I dont think the US is going to have the same problems as Europe. If you looked on a map you would see that the US is surrounded by water. Pretty hard for the refugees to somehow skip Europe and head on over to the US.

The glaring omission in most of these threads is the absence of responsibility of Americans towards the problems they helped create in the middle east through destabilizing the region and playing "gas pipeline" games for their Wall St masters

If you're going to go the "illegal immigration" fall back position at least be honest enough to look at what got the world to where it is now.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   

This is why you get criticized in a lot of your threads - a person cares enough to write a 15 sentence post and all you can be bothered doing is throwing the same youtube at them. At least make an effort.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

US is surrounded by water

this is completely false, I don't think you've ever actually looked at a map before

The glaring omission in most of these threads is the absence of responsibility of Americans towards the problems they helped create in the middle east through destabilizing the region and playing "gas pipeline" games for their Wall St masters

who said anything about the Middle East or Europe?

This is a philosophical question about weather or not there's an upward limit on immigration

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

Did you watch the video in the OP. Sure, your facts are correct. But the bigger takeaway is how information is suppressed and not surprisingly statistics not kept on delineating crime by refugees and Moslem people

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join