It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's Mar-a-Lago asks Labor for permission to hire 61 more foreign workers

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Vector99

So you admit you are posturing based on opinion and have absolutely zero factual evidence to bring to the conversation?

Unless I provide an outside source, everything I say here is my opinion. Is that unusual on ATS?

I know that Trump is known to be rather ruthless in his business dealings. I know that he sees the world as a zero sum game.

Based on that, I'm highly skeptical about any of the claims made by any of his companies regarding fairness and following the spirit of the law over expediency.

Apparently your opinion is different from mine.

We are talking about 61 temporary positions.

Last year it was 70.

How many languages do you speak? It looks like many of these H2B's are language specific.

link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

a reply to: LesMisanthrope

And does nothing to increase wages.

A business has to do what it can to offset costs and turn a profit. Go work somewhere else.

Indeed. Because the company you want to work for hired someone from out of the country who will take the job for less.

And in this case most likely send the money they earn in America overseas.

link   
I wonder what the extra costs are involved for foreign worker security checks.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

You mean by DHS? If it's extreme vetting, quite a lot. I would think.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link   

It looks like many of these H2B's are language specific.

Is that your opinion, or do you have a source?

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

And does nothing to increase wages.

A business has to do what it can to offset costs and turn a profit. Go work somewhere else.

Indeed. Because the company you want to work for hired someone from out of the country who will take the job for less.

Or because you don’t want to do the jobs yourself. Apparently the opportunity is offered to Americans first.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

The sad truth is many Americans are lazy bums who don't want to work.

I'll take a hard working legal immigrant over a lazy bum citizen any day.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

That certainly Is a problem then.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Or because you don’t want to do the jobs yourself. Apparently the opportunity is offered to Americans first.
At what wage rate, I wonder.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

There's the rub.

Employers have been caught doing it in the IT field.

Advertise the job at a lowball wage rate.

Then when no citizen will take the job, use a work visa to get a foreign worker to do it for cheap.

Not so much for bussers, cooks, and servers though.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 08:32 PM
link   

It looks like many of these H2B's are language specific.

Is that your opinion, or do you have a source?

It's my opinion, just like every single post you've made so far

edit on 7-7-2018 by Vector99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

And maybe he knows nothing about it

I can understand that CEOs may not know every last detail about the day to day running of their operations.

They do however know where their operations are, and what impact visas and hiring have on their bottom line.

Case in point, dont tell me they used Chinese factories to produce MAGA flags because of the Chinese "exemplary human rights record or fair wage"

To suggest otherwise is ludicrous

edition.cnn.com...

Washington (CNN)Flags for President Donald Trump's re-election campaign are being produced in China, one of the flag manufacturers said in an interview on NPR, despite a looming trade war.....

The White House did not immediately respond to CNN's request for comment.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Why in hell would they be giving up paradise to come to the US?

www.theatlantic.com...-norway/550382/

The country discovered oil in the late 1960s, and, unlike other resource-rich countries that have succumbed to mismanagement and corruption in the face of sudden wealth, invested heavily in its people and its economy to become one of the world’s wealthiest places. Its per capita gross domestic product went from $1,441.80 in 1960 to $70,911.8 now, according to World Bank data...

Additionally, Norway is the world’s happiest country (the U.S. ranks 14)

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

Case in point, dont tell me they used Chinese factories to produce MAGA flags because of the Chinese "exemplary human rights record or fair wage"

I just do not understand what kind of point your are making. Its cheaper in China, OK...that is why corps do it. You want to make it cheaper here use tariffs. lol

Let me put it this way...

Trump is not suggesting that corps should, just because, use more expensive American companies over Chinese, that is stupid. He wants corps to see american as the better price. Corps go the path of least resistance to profit, whatever it is.
edit on 7-7-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

You really don't know that the visa is a "temporary thing".

Have you left Australia already - you aren't aware about the debates on visas and/or boat people over the last 20 years?

Sheesh

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Of course you do - its in the top half of my post that you left out.

You're suggesting Trump s completely oblivious to the overall management of his companies and what effect any legislation passed has on his bottom line.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 12:00 AM
link   

You're suggesting Trump s completely oblivious to the overall management of his companies and what effect any legislation passed has on his bottom line.

No, I'm suggesting the companies go the path of most profit, and it is up to us to change that direction by making American the best choice, not just some choice because it is American.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: Southern Guardian

I would think that Mar-a-Lago employees would have to pass security clearance. Seems immigrant workers would be more difficult to clear to be working so close to White House officials.

That depends on the business and the government whether or not a "security clearance" is required
Of course , you knew that.
If you didnt , you do now...

True. Pretty sure I read somewhere that people who work around the President of the United States probably wouldn't need security clearances or vetting of any kind.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 01:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthJava

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: Southern Guardian

I would think that Mar-a-Lago employees would have to pass security clearance. Seems immigrant workers would be more difficult to clear to be working so close to White House officials.

That depends on the business and the government whether or not a "security clearance" is required
Of course , you knew that.
If you didnt , you do now...

True. Pretty sure I read somewhere that people who work around the President of the United States probably wouldn't need security clearances or vetting of any kind.

It is a business , not a Federal Government Office Building.
They just have to do the normal background checks. Unless the government specifies otherwise.
And , according to the OP , nothing is mentioned either way .
So....

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 01:37 AM
link   

And maybe he knows nothing about it

I can understand that CEOs may not know every last detail about the day to day running of their operations.

They do however know where their operations are, and what impact visas and hiring have on their bottom line.

edition.cnn.com...

Washington (CNN)Flags for President Donald Trump's re-election campaign are being produced in China, one of the flag manufacturers said in an interview on NPR, despite a looming trade war.....

The White House did not immediately respond to CNN's request for comment.

or they made a common sense business decision.

Don't like that? Then maybe you should be supporting Trumps tariffs...

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join