It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's Mar-a-Lago asks Labor for permission to hire 61 more foreign workers

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I’m not sure, but...

Federal labor records show Trump sought visas for hundreds of foreign workers to fill temporary positions at his Mar-A-Lago Club in recent years. Hundreds of U.S. applicants either applied or were referred for the jobs, but only a handful were hired. There is some debate about whether those applicants were qualified or not.

Cruz makes it sound like foreign workers took jobs from Americans already in positions, but that’s not the case. It’s an ongoing debate whether there were qualified Americans who would have been willing to work the seasonal, part-time service jobs for which the club was hiring.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Hundreds of U.S. applicants either applied or were referred for the jobs, but only a handful were hired. There is some debate about whether those applicants were qualified or not.

Out of hundreds, a handful were hired. I guess they want too much money. Foreigners work for cheap or are more skilled. I guess.

Hire American. Unless it costs too much.
edit on 7/7/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Hundreds of U.S. applicants either applied or were referred for the jobs, but only a handful were hired. There is some debate about whether those applicants were qualified or not.

Out of hundreds, a handful were hired. I guess they want too much money. Foreigners work for cheap or are more skilled. I guess.

Hire American. Unless it costs too much.

A U.S. Labor Department spokesman told PolitiFact Florida that 93 people applied for 250 seasonal job openings. Four were hired, while 79 didn’t answer interview requests or turned down jobs (10 applications were classified with unknown status).

Documents the resort later filed with the Labor Department showed that many of the American applicants weren’t hired because they didn’t meet requirements. Some applicants didn’t want to work split shifts, or didn’t have enough experience. Many wanted full-time jobs instead of part time, or didn’t respond when the resort contacted them. One applicant said they only were applying as a prerequisite to continue getting unemployment.

I agree that most Americans do not want to work for low-wage seasonal work.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Yeah. Americans cost too much. So let's bring in foreigners.

Should there be tariffs on foreign workers? Like steel? Level the playing field? Foreign labor is too cheap!

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Yeah. Americans cost too much. So let's bring in foreigners.

Should there be tariffs on foreign workers? Like steel? Level the playing field? Foreign labor is too cheap!

You know the old adage: “you get what you pay for”.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Well, here we are in a new bizarre twist seeing Trump supporters defending trumps hiring of immigrants, so I'm confused now, is it good to hire immigrants over American citizens ,Should all American businesses follow suit, I mean immigrants work for less and do great work right... MAGA!
edit on 7-7-2018 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
Well, here we are in a new bizarre twist seeing Trump supporters defending trumps hiring of immigrants, so I'm confused now, is it good to hire immigrants over American citizens ,Should all American businesses follow suit, I mean immigrants work for less and do great work right... MAGA!

They are not immigrants. They have to leave when the contract is over. #resist.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Point blank asking -- should we allow hiring from abroad before attempting to fill jobs with domestics? Yes or no.

And if the answer is yes, why complain when companies hire those foreigners instead of Americans? Workers being the commodity they are, should this not be a little more tightly regulated than it is? I mean, we have s#fits over foreign steel and lumber, but this is fine?

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   

That's even worse!

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   

That's even worse!

No. It's better. Let them bus the tables then send 'em back when you're finished with them. Much better than them staying. Unless they're from Norway. Those are the people we want.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

Point blank asking -- should we allow hiring from abroad before attempting to fill jobs with domestics? Yes or no.

And if the answer is yes, why complain when companies hire those foreigners instead of Americans? Workers being the commodity they are, should this not be a little more tightly regulated than it is? I mean, we have s#fits over foreign steel and lumber, but this is fine?

I don’t see a problem with it. I used to backpack around the world and survived on seasonal work.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   

That's even worse!

Why? Maybe they don’t want to stay.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Fair call, use them up then throw them out, trump style.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Fair call, use them up then throw them out, trump style.

I assume people are applying for these visas, meaning it is exactly what they want to do.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   

That's even worse!

I was more concerned as to why American people weren't getting the jobs.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Yes. I wonder if they might be interested in longer term arrangements.

I wonder of cooks and waiters would qualify under the immigration "reform" the administration wants to see.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

According to Mar a Largo, it's because they are unqualified or don't want the job.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Fantastic, trump can make America great again one foreigner at a time...

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   

That's even worse!

I was more concerned as to why American people weren't getting the jobs.

According to Mar-a logo, they weren’t qualified, didn’t want shift-work, or were otherwise uninterested. The low pay probably doesn’t help.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Yes. I wonder if they might be interested in longer term arrangements.

I wonder of cooks and waiters would qualify under the immigration "reform" the administration wants to see.

Personally I don’t see why they don’t hire full time, unless the overhead of keeping that place alive is just too much. The Post heiress donated the mansion to the US gov for use as a winter Whitehouse, but it just cost too much to keep it going.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join