It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's Mar-a-Lago asks Labor for permission to hire 61 more foreign workers

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 09:43 PM
link   
In today's segment of do as I say, not as I do:

President Donald Trump often conveys a strong preference for American workers. But as a request from the president's Mar-a-Lago golf club to hire 61 people from abroad demonstrates, putting that preference into practice can prove difficult.

The president's Florida resort — which he has promoted as the "Southern White House" — filed requests with the Department of Labor to obtain 61 visas for foreign workers, according to Job Order records posted Thursday by the department's Employment and Training Administration.

The Mar-a-Lago club asked for 40 H-2B visas for servers and another 21 for cooks. The H-2B visa is for "temporary non-agricultural workers."

According to the Department of Homeland Security's U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, the employer filing for H-2B visas must demonstrate that there are "not enough U.S. workers who are able, willing, qualified, and available" and that the foreign workers "will not adversely affect the wages and working conditions of similarly employed U.S. workers."

USA Today

Apparently locals don't want the job.... as alleged by representatives of the Mar-a-Lago and Trump himself. Strangely though they haven't really demonstrated where they've tried to employ local Americans for these jobs. So far it's a claim from their side. Last year the 'Winter Whitehouse' won 70 Visas to hire foreign workers so this year he's looking to get a similar number. It seems to be a yearly thing, for them to bring in foreigners. Florida sits among the worst states for unemployment and while Palm Beach County is the 5th lowest by measure in the State, surrounding counties are higher. It really baffles me... these jobs aren't technical in nature... they don't require years of training, they're doable so I fail to see where the Mar-a-Lago can claim, once again, that they have difficulty finding locals to do these jobs? Considering Trumps continious hammering of other businesses choosing the employ professionals from abroad. Not to mention there's this gem:

Mar-a-Lago membership fee doubles to $200,000

So they still can't look to put incentives forward and attract Americans and set an example? Instead he attacks places like Silicon Valley for hiring professionals and continues to do exactly what he claims to be against?

edit on 6-7-2018 by Southern Guardian because: Link

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Trump's Mar-a-Lago asks Labor for permission to hire 61 more foreign workers

That are required for foreign visitors spending that money
Done
Next

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Where's it required?

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

I would think that Mar-a-Lago employees would have to pass security clearance. Seems immigrant workers would be more difficult to clear to be working so close to White House officials.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

Where's it required?

By the business itself
You desperately try to hang on , dont ya ?
But , just to clarify , the company I work for requires our group to have at least one French speaking , one German speaking , and one Spanish speaking agent on duty all times.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

I would think that Mar-a-Lago employees would have to pass security clearance. Seems immigrant workers would be more difficult to clear to be working so close to White House officials.

That depends on the business and the government whether or not a "security clearance" is required
Of course , you knew that.
If you didnt , you do now...

+9 more 
posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 10:01 PM
link   

3 people. "On duty all times."

That means they're permanent employees?

So, it would seem Mar A Largo is already covered on that account. Why hire more non-citizens? 61 of them?

edit on 7/6/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 10:07 PM
link   
But I thought he gave up total control of his businesses. So how could it be his fault?

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 10:07 PM
link   

That depends on the business and the government whether or not a "security clearance" is required
Of course , you knew that.
If you didnt , you do now...

No, I don't know any more now than before your post. I would imagine that working there would require one to pass a security clearance, no matter if they're changing bed sheets or mowing the lawn. It is, after all, the Southern White House, no? Don't you think White House gardeners have to pass a security clearence. How many foreigners are employed at the White House?

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 10:08 PM
link   

But he asked permission, unlike our former president!

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 10:16 PM
link   
So, they want to hire legal immigrants and people coming here on legal visas. I see no problem with that. How many workers in that place and what is the percentage of American workers to ones from other countries. That is a resort that is used by people all over the world, some may feel more comfortable with having workers there that are from their country. I do not have a problem with this, as long as the people working there have proper papers for being here.

What is the big issue some have with this, the ones running that business should be able to hire any person they want legally in the country.

On top of that, I have been to florida twice and I found a lot of people are not very friendly there, many seem to have a chip on their shoulder. There are some nice people there too, but they have more than their share of cranky people down there that complain a lot. I had a few friends go work down there over the years, they seemed to hire people from our area because they actually worked at their jobs. A lot of people in that areas want a paycheck but do not want to actually do any work. Like I said, there are some good workers down there too, but a lot that just want a job, they do not want work. I think we need to fix our society, it is getting worse every decade. In fact, the ones who do nothing worthwhile on their jobs chuckle at the people who work hard for a living and earn their livings. It is getting a little more that way here over the decades too, but not as bad as in Florida and some other areas.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Time for some unemployed American Citizens to just walk in there and fill out applications.

That'll show em.

💥😃💥

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

That'll show em.

Yeah.

Wait, maybe Trump doesn't pay enough.

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 10:19 PM
link   
This just shows that Trump is for LEGAL immigration as he always said.

Here is Trump supporting immigrants and you still can't take it.

Legal immigration is great. Legal workers are great.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

The H-2B visa is for "temporary non-agricultural workers."

Not exactly what can be called immigrants.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Sorry.

This just shows that Trump is for LEGAL foreign workers as he always said.

Here is Trump supporting guest workers and you still can't take it.

Legal immigration is great. Legal workers are great.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 10:30 PM
link   

By the business itself

So in other words it's not required? It may be a preference? And funny the Mar-a-Lago never cited this as a reason?

What's the portion of visitors who are foreign? What portion cannot speak English? I'd bet my bottom dollar you never bothered to do research and just pulled that out of thin air as an excuse.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

Legal immigration is great
Yeah. As long as they come from Norway.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 10:34 PM
link   
It appears Trump's own supporters are unfamiliar with what his positions are when it comes to the issues. It took me 5 seconds on google.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
In today's segment of do as I say, not as I do:

President Donald Trump often conveys a strong preference for American workers. But as a request from the president's Mar-a-Lago golf club to hire 61 people from abroad demonstrates, putting that preference into practice can prove difficult.

The president's Florida resort — which he has promoted as the "Southern White House" — filed requests with the Department of Labor to obtain 61 visas for foreign workers, according to Job Order records posted Thursday by the department's Employment and Training Administration.

The Mar-a-Lago club asked for 40 H-2B visas for servers and another 21 for cooks. The H-2B visa is for "temporary non-agricultural workers."

According to the Department of Homeland Security's U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, the employer filing for H-2B visas must demonstrate that there are "not enough U.S. workers who are able, willing, qualified, and available" and that the foreign workers "will not adversely affect the wages and working conditions of similarly employed U.S. workers."

USA Today

Apparently locals don't want the job.... as alleged by representatives of the Mar-a-Lago and Trump himself. Strangely though they haven't really demonstrated where they've tried to employ local Americans for these jobs. So far it's a claim from their side. Last year the 'Winter Whitehouse' won 70 Visas to hire foreign workers so this year he's looking to get a similar number. It seems to be a yearly thing, for them to bring in foreigners. Florida sits among the worst states for unemployment and while Palm Beach County is the 5th lowest by measure in the State, surrounding counties are higher. It really baffles me... these jobs aren't technical in nature... they don't require years of training, they're doable so I fail to see where the Mar-a-Lago can claim, once again, that they have difficulty finding locals to do these jobs? Considering Trumps continious hammering of other businesses choosing the employ professionals from abroad. Not to mention there's this gem:

Mar-a-Lago membership fee doubles to $200,000

So they still can't look to put incentives forward and attract Americans and set an example? Instead he attacks places like Silicon Valley for hiring professionals and continues to do exactly what he claims to be against?

I suppose that #45 is just unwilling to pay a living wage to a US Citizen. Who would have thought?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join