It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survival of the Richest: The wealthy are plotting to leave us behind

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

If wealth isn't finite then everyone should live like kings, but since we're not, same issue applies only worse because it means the rich are purposely making people suffer needlessly so they can feel superior and have power over them. If that's true then they aren't just negligent, they are the worse kind of criminals and plague and deserve anything coming to them when people turn.

Addendum: Oh I get it now, you're of the opinion no one will do anything if not made to suffer in some way like hunger or sickness to motivate them.
edit on 7/7/2018 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
I'll be the devils advocate here again. What gives you all the impression if the SHTF that the world is going to be survivable for the human race?
You can be the best survivalist, the best scavenger but if you aint got oxygen to breathe, rich or poor, your gone.

Well done and when the continents are massive MUD FLATS and much of life of all kinds is dead and scattered globally we will go through a re-set period and will lose millions who survive the initial event....they will freeze and starve and die of dehydration and injury and illnesses...quickly....in some areas lack of o2 may very well be an issue...however evidence shows us this doesn't happen globally for it would be an ELE.

What is coming is a NEAR ELE.....and could become one under certain circumstances beyond our control.

We are talking about rebuilding humanity not a Zombie Apocolypse holiday or a Survivor type TV show.They called it wormwood for a reason....lol...your firestarters and survival gear will not be all you think it will be....lol....there is A LOT TO CONSIDER and most rich people will die...their bunkers are not going to be in the right paces nor full of the right things...and they will be in such small groups they will be cannon fodder.

As to how do you keep your guards loyal....lol...well you set someone else up to be the saviour in the bunker and you exist AS A GUARD then later emerge as a REBEL and YOU lead the guards in the insurrection and then you schwack the bad leader of the bunker and you end up being leader no matter what and you get an accurate read on everyone in one fell swoop and can clean out those you do not want.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

If wealth isn't finite then everyone should live like kings,

That's not how it works. Equal outcomes are impossible to enforce. The real analogy is; if wealth were finite we would have ceased to innovate centuries ago.

The truth is that wealth is not equivalent to money, and money itself is nothing more or less than an abstraction of value. A language used to communicate value to one another. Wealth can be generated from nothing more than the imagination of an individual. This continues to be the case today and will continue to be in the future, even as automation of industry and the continued transformation of the exchange of value progresses. If anything we've included far more people into the economy today than at any other point in history.

Immorality isn't dependent upon what is in your wallet or what you own. However, taking what others own in the name economic equality shows a fundamental lack of morality from a demonstrably universal interpretation of the word, that word is "theft".

"If you don't find a way to make money in your sleep, you will work until you die" -Warren Buffet

It's up to you. It's your choice. The road to success isn't actually easy and was never meant to be.

edit on 7 7 18 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Innovation does not require 90% of the world to starve while others live like kings and create laws and regulations to stop anyone else from rising to their level.

Innovation requires people to have some time to think, experiment, and explore their interests. 80 hour work weeks to come home exhausted and too starved to think stifles rather than creates innovation.

Stop making excuses for monsters and supporting a rigged system.

Also # your success of the individual over everyone else mentality. You want to be an individual that cares about only yourself, get out of society and go live alone in the woods.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: one4all

As to how do you keep your guards loyal....lol...well you set someone else up to be the saviour in the bunker and you exist AS A GUARD then later emerge as a REBEL and YOU lead the guards in the insurrection and then you schwack the bad leader of the bunker and you end up being leader no matter what and you get an accurate read on everyone in one fell swoop and can clean out those you do not want.

Sounds like a Keyser Söze strategy plan.

There is so much that will be unexpected and unplanned for that will occur in a near ELE, that even those they did prep will still find themselves unprepared.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Addendum: Oh I get it now, you're of the opinion no one will do anything if not made to suffer in some way like hunger or sickness to motivate them.

I wanted to address this separately.

I've been discussing and researching ways to include people into an economy in a universal way for some time now. Wrote an extensive essay on the matter. The extent of this idea is the obsolescence of money as we understand it today, thereby freeing people from the need to spend their lives acquiring money for the sake of daily life when that process can be and IS being automated.

I do not believe in dragging Industrial Revolution Era ideologies forward another 100 years. To conflate that with callousness is simply political, unimaginative bull# and I have no more time for it.
edit on 7 7 18 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Ok now we've found some common ground. On this need we can agree.

Your, however, belief that in the current system the wealth of the elite is rightfully theirs when they rigged the system against everyone else, simply because a few people can, with hard work, luck, and a willingness to push anyone else under the bus in a cutthroat manner occasionally slip through the cracks and crawl their way to success I will never agree with.

As for what the future requires, we seem to have some agreement.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Innovation does not require 90% of the world to starve while others live like kings and create laws and regulations to stop anyone else from rising to their level.

90% of the world isn't starving.

Innovation requires people to have some time to think, experiment, and explore their interests.

Correct. I have taken an enormous amount of time to try and find an equitable solution to this and I believe that lies in now-nascent technologies.

80 hour work weeks to come home exhausted and too starved to think stifles rather than creates innovation.

I agree.

Also # your success of the individual over everyone else mentality.

Wealth isn't finite It can be generated and more often than not, it is.

You want to be an individual that cares about only yourself,

Wrong. I cannot be responsible for society. If I'm in charge of my own life, and I am, then I am responsible for myself and no other.

I don't need to be coerced into caring for others. That's something I choose to do.

get out of society and go live alone in the woods.

Alone in the woods sounds good, but solves no problems. The truth is, if I ever become insanely wealthy I will leave everyone else to their own devices, simply by the nature of how things work. I cannot be responsible for absolutely everyone involved. I can, however, innovate a way for others to better their odds and maybe propel humanity forward into the space colonization phase of our existence.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Sounds like a Keyser Söze strategy plan.

There is so much that will be unexpected and unplanned for that will occur in a near ELE, that even those they did prep will still find themselves unprepared.

This is true..however remember that survivors are the MINORITY and this means that an ounce of prevention in this case will be worth a metric tonne of cure....IMHO this means being prepared carries a whole lot more weight than most people allot to it....people fail to recognise the nature of this event...it is so overwhelming as to be stunning....they also dont realise HOW FEW PLACES ARE available to try to survive on.....nor do the masses realise that TPTB are ALREADY ENTRENCHED IN THESE AREAS....very very few of them actually and it is absolutely covert unless you are tracking and noting them .I agree there are no guarantees and you need to ensure there is triple redundancy in all of your keystone areas which you value....and this is a lottery above all else...there are no guarantees for ANYONE....however as they say if you wish to travel fast travel alone but if you wish to travel far travel with others....there wil always be powers in numbers and 100-300 is the number that you need to be a part of to give yourself a fighting chance...and to top this off...IF YOU HAVE THE MONEY TO FUND A SURVIVAL EFFORT....lol...you need an expert and NOT an expert at building survival shelters ...lol...you need someone who has complete knowledge and then you can call in the builders.....money and technology are nowhere near enough....you need KNOWLEDGE and as we all know knowledge is power not money.As odd as this sounds if I had money to spend and I knew what was coming as far as most can now discern...I WOULD LIKELY LISTEN TO ANYONE who could give me a reasonable scenario and data anyone who was OFF-THE-WALL AND A MINORITY PERSPECTIVE...because as we already established SURVIVORS are always in the MINORITY....hence the majority perspective is NOT one to lean towards to survive.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

"When all the money is worthless..."

The Grubbers will STILL want it all.. Even if they were the Burgess Meredith character on "The Twilight Zone™" instead of books, when THEY blow up the world, and THEY WILL and it IS the same type person(s), THEY will be stuffing their GSuits of dollar bills...

I'll have a nice chuckle from My wisp...

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   

This is the third time in this thread you have alluded to knowing the best spots to survive. Care to share with the rest of the class?

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: whitewave

I think what they are implying is there is no way to know and thus the futility of the attempt.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Sure if you can bring along a White Knight with the funds to make survivability a reality.....say 5-10 million.There has to be a group of 100-300 or its a very sketchy situation not only for the few but for Humanity for there is NO GUARANTEE any of the people in the DUMBs will survive...most didn't last time.

These places are already semi-occupied by very old powerfull global heavy hitters.Its a delicate situation on ALL fronts because this knowledge has not been fed to the masses but a lot of people still have knowledge enough to be looking to these same spots sooner or later.Money is not an issue because once you are indoctrinated to the truth or sniff out more powerfull people than yourself who are bugging out and digging in you will realise some people will throw a billion dollars at the right spot......so this is all about the knowledge and you need to enter quietly and quickly.

There are already Insitu installations at nearly all sound spots already that can and will simply take you out if you rock their boat.Put it this way they don't care if you try to survive they hope you do they will need minions....so work with what you have.....in all likelihood their DUMBs will fail and you will survive....because a DUMB is just dumb.
edit on 8-7-2018 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: one4all

Sure if you can bring along a White Knight with the funds to make survivability a reality.....say 5-10 million.

Sure, let me get my piggy bank. Dang! I seem to be a few million short.

There seems to be a lot of nuclear-hardened bunkers that I'm sure most of us will never get close to. Iron Mountain, Stone Mountain, Norad, etc. I've been a prepper all my life, long before it was trendy; back when you were considered odd for such behavior. Now that I'm (much) older, I just don't see the point in going through all that immense post-apocalyptic suffering just to arrive at my inevitable expiration date anyway. I do worry for the kids and grandkids, though.

It's never been about survival of the fittest but more like survival of the most ruthless. Civilization seems to have gone through cataclysms before and our current culture seems to indicate that only the most ruthless survived it last time. Spending what time I have left to enjoy the moments granted to me, God having granted me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   

I was never caught up in the Zombie Apocolypse survival craze or the 2000 global meltdown scare or the 2012 Mayan mystery....nope....none of it...no reason for me to be interested other than entertainment value observation....I am focusing on the future of Family members and Humanity in general....this is a total rebuild scenario possibly from any given single survival spot....this is not about hiding out and then popping out to walk around and scavenge a pristine world....there will be nothing but mudflats for thousands of kms….and it will take several years for weather to stabilise and for fauna to re-establish....there will be miracle spots where things will not be destroyed here and there....but we are talking about lightning strike odds that any humans or technology will be located there ….a survival group may not see others for YEARS and other groups for possibly decades.....groups separated by Continents might not make contact for Centuries.I am also an old coot and to me this is all about paying it forward.
edit on 8-7-2018 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s
LOL

Any loyalty that can be bought in the first place can be bought again at twice the price.

Ah, the Tyrion Lannister method.
He always pays his debts you know.

Kind of funny article in that these people would be among the least likely to survive if thrown in the woods with nothing. The poorest among us are used to doing without many things and using what nature provides for free. Loyalty doesn't go far if SHTF - me first then family is how it works. All those people they hire may well eat them. Nice and fat with lots of marbling.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   
A lot of the elite are elites for a reason. Sure there is always some "young money" like the Kardsahians, who are consumerist idiots. But a lot of the elites are like Catorce who run Latin America, or the Hapsburgs who still control Europe. Or the Krupps... Or the Cargills or the Johnsons.

They aren't building any new bunkers; the old ones are just fine.

The whole article is a joke. What dentist is going to choose to serve a bunch of torch-and-pitchfork-waving communard villagers, over a computer whiz with a bullet-proof bunker and a wine cellar?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join