It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking...the climate is going through a natural pattern....

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I am kind of surprised I haven't seen this before but this article explains what I have been saying for a long time...just in much easier terms.

source

In an analysis of the past 1.2 million years, UC Santa Barbara geologist Lorraine Lisiecki discovered a pattern that connects the regular changes of the Earth's orbital cycle to changes in the Earth's climate. The finding is reported in this week's issue of the scientific journal Nature Geoscience.
Lisiecki performed her analysis of climate by examining ocean sediment cores. These cores come from 57 locations around the world. By analyzing sediments, scientists are able to chart the Earth's climate for millions of years in the past. Lisiecki's contribution is the linking of the climate record to the history of the Earth's orbit.
It is known that the Earth's orbit around the sun changes shape every 100,000 years. The orbit becomes either more round or more elliptical at these intervals. The shape of the orbit is known as its "eccentricity." A related aspect is the 41,000-year cycle in the tilt of the Earth's axis.

And a little more on her background.

wiki

She has some other interesting stuff at the links.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

But it's more fun and has more money and power potential to suppose it's all our fault.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   
1. This story isn't breaking. It's from 2010.
2. The article does not at all support (nor deny) that we are currently going through a natural climate change.
3. The article is about how she has linked the earth's orbit to its effects on climate change.
4. No one has ever denied that sometimes the earth's climate changes on its own.

At any rate, I'm glad we finally have conclusive, undeniable proof from 2010 that "manmade climate change" is a hoax. I will point to this article every time someone tells me humans are affecting the climate. Those suckers are in for a rude awakening.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   
But, climate change is profitable for some people who exploit it. We can't let these people starve, they supply an income for their fair weather scientist friends.

We are screwing up our ecosystem, that is different than the Climate Change they are collecting money for. All we have to do is start making things to last a long time and just supply our needs instead of abusing the environment with our wants. But the ones running the climate change scam want us to buy all new junk which is actually helping the economy of some countries and businesses more than it saves our planet. Just fly over to Europe to check out one of those meetings, donors are always welcome to visit those climate summit people. Waste some more jet fuel to fix the earth.

edit on 6-7-2018 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 09:32 PM
link   
there goes her career

look for her in a plane accident, suicide or drug overdose in the near future

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I go through the same pattern as the Earth.
I am cold , then hot , then cold again.
Perhaps the "age" has something to do with it...

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Seems that she's providing more evidence of the influence of the Milankovitch cycles. It's generally accepted that is what causes glacial and inter-glacial periodicy, but more evidence doesn't hurt.
www.indiana.edu...

The planet should be cooling due to those cycles. It isn't. CO2 is mucking things up.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I will agree to the fact(s) that Earth's climate, and atmospheric composition,(mostly Nitrogen) has changed (and will continue to change) periodically over an observable time scale (evidenced through ice core,current understanding of Earths orbital fluctuations relative to our sun, and geological evidence,possibly due to volcanic activity CO2 increase, and CH4 increase data from ice,air, and rock samples) is under way, right now. I will agree that these observable changes may possibly result in a global warming. I do not agree to any statement that this change is in any way anthroprogenic,
, or human caused. However...considering the natural cycle, What if We have put just enough extra CO2 into the atmsphere to tilt the cycle ... ? did we cause it or not?

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Lr103

I think so. But glacial periods are slow, what's happening now is fast.
edit on 7/7/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 12:10 AM
link   
are we filling our bubble?

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Lr103

Not yet.
We're just changing the composition of its atmosphere for now.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I think so too mate.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 03:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lr103
I will agree to the fact(s) that Earth's climate, and atmospheric composition,(mostly Nitrogen) has changed (and will continue to change) periodically over an observable time scale (evidenced through ice core,current understanding of Earths orbital fluctuations relative to our sun, and geological evidence,possibly due to volcanic activity CO2 increase, and CH4 increase data from ice,air, and rock samples) is under way, right now. I will agree that these observable changes may possibly result in a global warming. I do not agree to any statement that this change is in any way anthroprogenic,
, or human caused. However...considering the natural cycle, What if We have put just enough extra CO2 into the atmsphere to tilt the cycle ... ? did we cause it or not?

We have put extra co2 into the atmosphere, it is clearly identifiable as coming from fossil fuels. So if there is a link between co2 and climate then any current changes are due to humans. Guess what there is a link between co2 and climate! In addition without some catastrophic event (like a meteor strike) the earths climate changes slowly. Current changes are very rapid. So rapid that flora and fauna are struggling to keep up, again a clear sign that something is not natural.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Seems that she's providing more evidence of the influence of the Milankovitch cycles. It's generally accepted that is what causes glacial and inter-glacial periodicly.

^this^

The Milankovitch cycle I believe happens every twenty four thousand years-the rapid change in behavior in our weather patterns seems to have snowballed in 160 years, far more rapid than nature can produce outside of a super volcano or an asteroid impact.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

See this is the issue I have with climate change. I mean I do think that we are having some effect. Whether that be drastic, minor or somewhere in between, I honestly think we are doing some damage. But there always seems to be two different versions of every single report on climate change. We are we're not, it's natural, it isn't. We are doing major damage, we aren't. We're helping heat up the planet etc. etc. etc. It's now reached the point that most people dismiss the idea that we are doing something because scientists who are looking into this are starting to sound like they've been bought or are leaning one way or the other. We need concrete proof either way so that we know what we can and can't do to help or stop this.

My granddad said something that I think is important we all remember when talking about stopping climate change: "People get this wrong. It isn't the planet we are trying to save. It's us. If climate change wipes us out the planet will still be here, we won't be"

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Dwoodward85
Your grandfather was wise.

There aren't different versions of every single report, though. Almost universally, they back human-induced climate change.

Some very loud voices and the media's obsession with "The Truth Is In The Middle" mislead people into thinking there is some debate on what is causing climate change.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Greven

The media DOESN'T say the truth is in the middle.

99% are on the religion side with you..all debate indeed crushed...science neutered long ago.

No real attempts to understand further.

But the lies cannot last forever...they will be blown wide open.

You see the loud voices are the ones all in your camp...big money crushed all dissent.

It is YOUR side that hides any and all evidence of how things work...the Ministry of Truth in full strength...and collects trillions more whilst laughing at us all.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   
what i get from all these threads about climate change and global worming what ever is that whom ever behind it is just creating a piggy bank to make lots of money, lets just sit back and think about it, how are we going to solve the problem?

by taxing people?

i mean lets be honest to each other how is taxing people or countries will change things?

how much money do we need from the people to reverse this?

what about deforestation, did even "algoresme" had it in mind ? no because he doesn't benefit from it

the plants and trees use Co2 to produce oxygen at least thats what ive learned back then in school long time ago, al gore ever mentioned this? no, his concern is about Co2 and thats it, man bear pig, WTH?

give me a break, money from people doesn't solve this problem

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Dr UAE

the plants and trees use Co2 to produce oxygen at least thats what ive learned back then in school long time ago,

You were taught wrong or you didn't pay attention. Photosynthesis uses CO2 to to make carbohydrates. Oxygen is produced by splitting water.
www.biologyreference.com...

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   

sciencing.com

lants act as a good complement to humanity, as the latter species breathes out carbon dioxide, which the plants then turn it into the oxygen humans need to live. Plants take in carbon dioxide, nutrients from the soil, water, and sunlight and create oxygen and a kind of simple sugar that they use for energy. This is a process necessary to life on Earth.

During this process, the plant combines carbon dioxide with water to allow the plant to extract what it needs for food. The plant uses sunlight as energy to perform this chemical reaction. Photosynthesis separates carbon dioxide and water — known as CO2 and H2O, respectively — into their individual molecules and combines them into new products. Once the process is done, the plant releases Oxygen, or O2, into the surrounding air. It also creates C6H12O6, a substance similar to glucose, that feeds the plant.

the narrative is always more important than the truth

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join