It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goon Attacks Florida Man Over Trump Flag In His Own Front Yard

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Gryphon66

So we only talk about the violence that you want to cry about?

Well the TP sure isn't the eff the topic.

However if you want to whine about them create a thread about 5 year old events.

Why don't you stop mini-modding and debate if you can, Neo.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Well the topic is about morons like this, and flag haters.

2016 convention.

Actually no, it's not. Homeboy in the pic simply ripped a sign in half at some manner of political rally. We're talking about someone physically assaulting another over politics. They can rip up as many of signs (assuming the signs are theirs to begin with) until hell freezes over, who cares? It's when people start grabbing the property of others, destroying the property of others, or assaulting others over this difference of political opinion that stuff gets real. No need to conflate a victimless public tantrum with assault.

^^^^
STAR
THIS
edit on 6-7-2018 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

That was taken at the 2016 democratic national convention.

What's changed in two years other than escalating in to punching people over flags?
edit on 6-7-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

link   
Maybe he should have sprinkled his yard with 2 ft by 2 ft wooden snowflakes painted white...to REALLY send home the message.

link   

originally posted by: Annee
I see a so-called "leader" of a country who insights division every time he opens his mouth.

Do I support physical violence? NO!

But, expect more.

Ummm...you’re quite correct...

He does have an insight into what causes division...and points it out so very eloquently on Twitter...

Why...every time he opens his mouth...there you are hand in hand with CNN dividing and...and...parsing every sentence...into some nefarious plot to cause leftist melt down and head explosion...

Ok...well...maybe that wasn’t such an untrue statement...and it sure is funny as hell every time it happens.

YouSir

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

So we only talk about the violence that you want to cry about?

Well the TP sure isn't the eff the topic.

However if you want to whine about them create a thread about 5 year old events.

Why don't you stop mini-modding and debate if you can, Neo.

Yessa massa.

Right away massa.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   

What's changed in two years other than escalating in to punching people over flags?

Said by the member who screeches about "OCCUPY" in every other post.

Physician, heal yerself.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Maybe they should stop ripping off their old names for new names.

Occupy ICE.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Doesn't it ever get old defending the President no matter what the subject even when he is obviously wrong (and he is sometimes) while invoking the buggabear of CNN?

It certainly gets old looking at it ... LOL.

Trump runs his mouth more than he should. You know that. I could probably hunt down a quote from you where you admitted it.

Even given negative press ... Trump is always his own worst enemy.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Occupy ICE.

Perhaps they'll start checking with you first ...

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

There will come a time when even the most ardent leftists will be unable to downplay the growing violence and they'll either have to embrace it and will encourage it, or "walk away".

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Occupy ICE.

Perhaps they'll start checking with you first ...

Please do.

I will make sure I am otherwise OCCUPIED.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

I'm beginning to think so.

Goodness, there's some idiots out there.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

The signs blue...isn't it supposed to be red?

I'da hit him, too!! Barbarian.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 07:28 PM
link   

I think things are going to get worse. Things are going to get even crazier.

I bet you even turn fox news on every morning when you first get up... in the hope you'll see live footage of "leftists" violently revolting on the streets against the right, just so you can have your little political ideology validated.

... lol.

link   

Not much, people still make a public spectacle of themselves when they don't get their way. The problem I have is that some ass ripping up a sign (while standing in the middle of their own echo chamber, no less) isn't even remotely the same as assaulting another person over their political ideology and support.

Randy Moss once pantomimed wiping his ass on the Green Bay "G" on a goalpost after he scored a TD in Lambeau. It's called attention whoring, and while it's childish, Moss didn't suddenly become Ndomukong Suh, stomping on Aaron Rogers ankle, by committing the act nor was Moss' act mentioned when Suh assaulted Rogers... why? BECAUSE THEY'RE ENTIRELY UNRELATED DISPLAYS. Both took place because the Packers are historically hated by the Viking and the Lions both, but there's a whole world's width worth of difference between a solo tantrum and a physical assault.

link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Anyone else see a trend developing?

Probably millions of Trump supporters are "seeing a trend developing" because perceptions are easily manipulated, particularly when it comes to creating the perception of a trend.

It's why studies have shown time and time again that peoples' perceptions of violent crime rates don't track with actual statistics. People perceive increases in violent crimes even as the actual incidence goes down.

I promise you I can find at least 1 story a day of a Trump supporter doing something bad. Some clown accosting a woman on public transportation, a random yahoo yelling # at a cabbie out of his window as he drives by, a jackass at a coffee shop losing his # because somebody is speaking Spanish, etc.

Believe it or not, just like there are sites pushing this # on the right, there are a few that traffick heavily it on the Left... like Raw Story:

White Florida state official asks black man seeking right to vote: ‘How many different mothers, kids do you have?’

White Texas man guns down black teenager for setting off fireworks — then claims self-defense

WATCH: White man goes on racist tirade because neighbors were playing Latin music

WATCH: Asian-American hip-hop artist booted by JetBlue crew because attendant said she didn’t ‘feel safe’

Mexican-hating white man throws a tantrum over skateboarding: ‘I’m a racist, at least I’m something!’

WATCH: Hispanic woman keeps her cool as racist Asian man demands her seat on NYC bus

Those are all on the front page of Raw Story right now and from the last two days. Do you see a disturbing trend in racism? Are you really concerned about it now?

Should I or somebody else on the Left be posting these stories daily? I personally find it disdainful because I know that it's cherry picking to elicit a response akin to fearmongering. It divisive fodder. But on the other hand, why should right-wingers dominate the forums with the # from their grievance bubble?

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   

a reply to: YouSir

Doesn't it ever get old defending the President no matter what the subject even when he is obviously wrong (and he is sometimes) while invoking the buggabear of CNN?

It certainly gets old looking at it ... LOL.

Trump runs his mouth more than he should. You know that. I could probably hunt down a quote from you where you admitted it.

Even given negative press ... Trump is always his own worst enemy.

Do you intentionally try and drift every thread you disagree with off topic?

This isn't even remotely what the thread is about...
It's actually quite telling to your nature.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   
My point has been that this violent crap has been going on here for a long, long time. It isn't new, and it is always used by the PTB for fearmongering and more division:

Most historians trace the opening shot of anarchist terrorism on American soil to May 4, 1886, when someone threw a bomb at police during a labor demonstration in Chicago’s Haymarket Square. A riot and gun battle ensued, leaving at least 11 people dead and many more wounded. A brutal crackdown on anarchists led to the conviction of eight people; four eventually went to the gallows. In the wake of Haymarket, newspapers and politicians seized on the idea that the country could be undermined by an inside enemy consisting almost entirely of foreign-born anarchists.

Kansas City Star

... then a few years later ...

Nixon’s commercials spoke to an America that was fearful and wanted political leaders to restore stability. “Nixon … appealed to notions of ‘law and order,’” said Boyd. “These were code words for racism and suppression of the radical student left … Though it was obvious what Nixon meant, Nixon’s use of such evasive rhetoric made it more difficult to directly accuse him of racism at the time.”

Although Humphrey and the Democrats ran on their record of Medicare, Social Security, the Higher Education Act of 1965, and housing programs, they did not emerge victorious. Nixon ran on a message of fear, stoking the anxieties of the “Silent Majority” and promising to protect them from losing their country to the “liberal mob.” The slogan for his 1968 presidential campaign, “This time vote like your whole world depended on it” was a reference to the votes Americans had made in previous elections, which sent Democrats like Kennedy and Lyndon Johnson to the White House and gave rise to a nation gone wild with activism and protests.

Fear and Voting in America --- The Atlantic

These tactics are not new.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

I think things are going to get worse. Things are going to get even crazier.

I bet you even turn fox news on every morning when you first get up... in the hope you'll see live footage of "leftists" violently revolting on the streets against the right, just so you can have your little political ideology validated.

... lol.

No.

I usually have a cup of tea and let the dogs out for a morning run.

Keep defending your "idols" though. It's fun to watch.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join