It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goon Attacks Florida Man Over Trump Flag In His Own Front Yard

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

I thought we were talking about the Tea Party. ( First red herring")

Now were talking bout naztees!

Aint that precious.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Different experiences of different folks, possibly?

Certainly a likely truth, Gryph. That said, the idea of cons eating their own isn't unique to conservatives. It has been one of the criticisms used by liberals against us "Oh, watch out, they'll throw you under the bus in a heartbeat if you step out of line." From where I stand, the upper crust of both parties watch out for each other (across party lines far too often) but they are willing to throw anyone who isn't enough of an insider to have massively damaging information as a failsafe under the bus in the name of self preservation. As you move into the rank and file, however, I really don't see Democrats holding their own to any particular standards, while I do see Republicans expecting personal responsibility.

I will agree that Democrats don't hold their own to standards ... because they can't decide on what the common strandards will be! Everyone for themselves and their own microsized piece of the pie.

I had a Black acquaintance a few years ago tell me that he was fine that I was gay (as long as I didn't come on to him ... and having nothing to with his skin color I had to say "don't flatter yourself bubba.") but that marriage was sacred and ordained by God between a man and a woman. I asked him if he had forgotten a few years earlier when people justified treating Blacks as less-than because of certain Bible verses? He first denied that, and then got really angry that I dared compare what Blacks had gone through with what LGBT had.

Take that and write it large over 45 million people or so and you'll see why the Democratic Party will very likely remain out of power.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   
You aint seen nothing yet! Just wait till the right sleeping giant arises! The left will have its sissy azz handed to it

a reply to: burdman30ott6

There have been allegations of racism and abusive behavior by Tea Party protesters.

On March 16, 2010, at a Tea Party protest at the Ohio offices of Rep. Mary Jo Kilroy, a counter-protester with Parkinson's disease was berated by one of the protestors and had dollar bills thrown at him with additional protesters also mocking the individual. The man initially denied the incident, but later apologized for his "shameful" actions.

On March 20, 2010, it was reported that protesters against proposed health care legislation used racial and anti-gay slurs. Gay Congressman Barney Frank was called "homo" and a "faggot several times." Several black lawmakers said demonstrators shouted the N-word at them. Congressman André Carson said that as he walked from the Cannon House Office Building with Representative John Lewis and his chief of staff, amid chants of "Kill the bill" he heard the "n-word" about fifteen times coming from several places in the crowd: "One guy, I remember he just rattled it off several times. Then John looks at me and says, 'You know, this reminds me of a different time.'

Wikipedia

Violence at Tea Party Rally: bare-knuckle politics in the streets - CSM

Etc.

link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

There will come a time when even the most ardent leftists will be unable to downplay the growing violence and they'll either have to embrace it and will encourage it, or "walk away".

link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Gryphon66

False equivalence and everyone knows it.

You don't speak for everyone.

Violence broke out a many Tea Party events in the 2010-2011 range. We can play The Link Game if you want.

What gathering of Americans where protests and politics are concerned hasn't broken down into violence over the past decade? I sadly am serious in asking that. When Democrats protested their own damn convention in 2016, www.usatoday.com... 6/ it's obvious that things are beyond hosed.

Thus I spoke above of the general trend toward violence ... not limited to any "side."

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Their doing a fine job of ignoring it.

Hell they're even bringing up the Tea Party which hasn't been around in years.

edit on 6-7-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
You aint seen nothing yet! Just wait till the right sleeping giant arises! The left will have its sissy azz handed to it

a reply to: burdman30ott6

There have been allegations of racism and abusive behavior by Tea Party protesters.

On March 16, 2010, at a Tea Party protest at the Ohio offices of Rep. Mary Jo Kilroy, a counter-protester with Parkinson's disease was berated by one of the protestors and had dollar bills thrown at him with additional protesters also mocking the individual. The man initially denied the incident, but later apologized for his "shameful" actions.

On March 20, 2010, it was reported that protesters against proposed health care legislation used racial and anti-gay slurs. Gay Congressman Barney Frank was called "homo" and a "faggot several times." Several black lawmakers said demonstrators shouted the N-word at them. Congressman André Carson said that as he walked from the Cannon House Office Building with Representative John Lewis and his chief of staff, amid chants of "Kill the bill" he heard the "n-word" about fifteen times coming from several places in the crowd: "One guy, I remember he just rattled it off several times. Then John looks at me and says, 'You know, this reminds me of a different time.'

Wikipedia

Violence at Tea Party Rally: bare-knuckle politics in the streets - CSM

Etc.

There you go!

I knew we had genuine core authoritarians in the crowd.

Tell us friend ... how many pansy-liberals have you personally dealt with?

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

There will come a time when even the most ardent leftists will be unable to downplay the growing violence and they'll either have to embrace it and will encourage it, or "walk away".

If the violence reaches that level it's not going to be "from a side" ... and it hasn't been to this point.

Both "sides" are guilty. Maxine Waters was WRONG. The guy with the drink in the kids face was WRONG. This guy on the lawn with the Trump supporter is WRONG.

Why are so many of you beating this drum? I'm starting to get more than a bit suspicious.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Their doing a fine job of ignoring it.

Hell they're even bringing up the Tea Party which hasn't been around in years.

There are still people in Congress who were elected as Tea Party Patriots ... tell us another one.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Well the topic is about morons like this, and flag haters.

2016 convention.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   
if I didn't live in a dangerous area I would do it on purpose

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   

So we only talk about the violence that you want to cry about?

Nah. The topic is about violence in politics. Get over it; this is not just another little "oooh the big bad non-descript left."

edit on 6-7-2018 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Not helpful in any way, man. Learning when to STFU and not draw undue and pointless attention to yourself is an artform.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
if I didn't live in a dangerous area I would do it on purpose

What's that Toys?

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   

It's nice to see that you can condemn this and not downplay the events.

Sometimes you're even rational and I agree with you.

I think things are going to get worse. Things are going to get even crazier. I'll even try to chronicle those events. Even the ones where leftists are the victims, because people are going to retaliate.

Noit saying it's good or smart. Not even saying it's right or just.

But if enough poo gets flung, eventually it's going to hit the fan.

I'd pay good money to be wrong and I hope like hell I am. I'm old and I like peace. Less drama that way.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   

a reply to: visitedbythem

Not helpful in any way, man. Learning when to STFU and not draw undue and pointless attention to yourself is an artform.

Exactly.

Thus the problem on both "$ides$" ...

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   
So many people out there are incapable of controlling their emotions when confronted with things they disagree with these days

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   

When have I failed to condemn violent political actions??? Eh?

I'll thank you for a semi-compliment and note that I find you reasonable at times as well ... when you're not merely stirring the stick.

It's not one-sided Cowboy. It's not going to be a matter of "the right defending itself against left aggression."

You surely recognize that as the lie that begins almost every conflict.

Extremist media is in overdrive on this at the moment. Civil WAR! The leftists are coming to get you!

Wider civil unrest may develop ... indeed, I'd say it will ... but it will be both sides against the middle.
edit on 6-7-2018 by Gryphon66 because: Spelling

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   

So we only talk about the violence that you want to cry about?

Well the TP sure isn't the eff the topic.

However if you want to whine about them create a thread about 8 year old events.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   

2016 convention.

Actually no, it's not. Homeboy in the pic simply ripped a sign in half at some manner of political rally. We're talking about someone physically assaulting another over politics. They can rip up as many of signs (assuming the signs are theirs to begin with) until hell freezes over, who cares? It's when people start grabbing the property of others, destroying the property of others, or assaulting others over this difference of political opinion that stuff gets real. No need to conflate a victimless public tantrum with assault.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join