It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goon Attacks Florida Man Over Trump Flag In His Own Front Yard

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 04:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: PainGod
a reply to: Subaeruginosa
And if what you are saying is true than is the vast majority of MSM conspiring to report only these "cherry picked" incidents. Because both of these incidents are ALL over MSM.

Maybe you need some perspective pointed out?

In a country of 325 million people, how is a random incident of an idiot stealing some kids hat even news worthy? I mean, some teenager minding their own business probably gets shot for his nikes every other day!

Oh, also some bloke got into an argument over politics with a passerby out the front of his house... Talk about breaking news!!! right? It probably happened hundreds of times a day long before Trump was even president and will probably continue to happen long after.

None of this nonsense indicates any kind of "developing trend"... Its just proof of how easily the MSM can manipulate the gullible masses by cherry picking what stories they report.

If that is the case what would you say the end game is here for the MSM?

I'm sure some MSM outlets are owned by people who like to push their own political agenda... But tbh, I think for the most part, their isn't any "end game", their just selling a product that people want to buy.

Its like crack for the gullible masses... lol.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 06:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: Justoneman

originally posted by: Justoneman

originally posted by: rival
If there were to be a fascist movement in this country, I would have
expected it to spring from the political right--not from the ostensibly
pacifist liberal left...seems counter intuitive.

Is it that you totally misunderstand the fact that Liberal left is really Fascist? All Right wingers want to follow limited laws and prefer Anarchy to more gov like progressives in the DNC constantly try to cram down our throats with the aid of several progressive RINO's IMO.

Also weren't you monologing about being non-partisan a bit ago?

Also you aren't paying close enough attention. I don't take sides. I just call them as I see them like an arbiter. At this point I am forced to say the Progressives dominate the Marxist wing of the left and have infiltrated with the RINO's the supposedly conservative R's.

Pure and simple is I vote for people and not for a party.

You call them as you see them, sure. We all do that.

Aside from that, all you seem to be doing is mouthing buzzwords.

Facts do tend to sound like that when you don't like them.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Perspective is fine, and in general I agree with your observation, but after we wade through all the media-driven fear-mongering and hand-wringing ... we are left with the fact that politically-motivated acts of violence are becoming more predominant in our society, particularly in the last decade.

I see no issue with calling it out for what it is, as long as we aren't pretending that violence is limited to an ideological "side."

That's just exploiting what happens to our fellow Americans.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   

It has to do with chaos, managed anger, and easily triggered simpletons.

If the agenda is to keep people divided what better way than to keep reporting, and sensationalizing stories about what one side did to the other.

Triggering lower emotions in people is big business, and constitutes a level of control that has been going on for as long as man can remember.

Hopefully one day people can rise above their puppet masters and see them for what they truly are.

edit on 8-7-2018 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

And if what you are saying is true than is the vast majority of MSM conspiring to report only these "cherry picked" incidents. Because both of these incidents are ALL over MSM.

In a country of 325 million people, how is a random incident of an idiot stealing some kids hat even news worthy? I mean, some teenager minding their own business probably gets shot for his nikes every other day!

Yeah some teenager minding his own business does get killed in places like Chicago, Detroit, Baltimore, etc fairly routinely but our media won't cover that because it doesn't fit the narrative.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I have given examples, I just don't find it necessary to repeat them because some people forget them while going from one thread to the next.

Yes, you explained your version of whataboutism, but you got it wrong. Not discounting the present thread but continuing to assert that the other side does it too IS whataboutism. The thread stated some jerk from the left attacked a guy for having maga gear. You have to point out that people from the right do it to - whtaboutism as in "what about the violence from the right". I am sorry if you do not understand the term but you are guilty of it none the less. As for your alleged current narrative, that is a plain straightforward straw-man argument. I never said the left is making wide scale attacks nor did I say the right never inflicted violence against anyone. You accuse me of these gross exaggerations then shout me down for it. I admitted there was violence on both sides, but I also acknowledge that there is more of it coming from the left than the right. You refer back to the obama years for examples. OK, go back a little further and ask yourself if you remember Bush hanging in effigy? Regardless of the past, you must admit what we are witnessing today is unprecedented. Which leads to my beliefs that the left are more likely to promote and engage in violence than the right.

I am not fear-mongering. I am stating fact. Are people warning residents in California to evacuate due to out of control wild fires fear-mongering or are they telling the truth? You call it fear-mongering because you refuse to admit its true. That is your choice but it does not make you correct.

As I have stated in the past, the left scream the loudest of the things they are most guilty of. Yes, I can tell just by the title of a thread if you will be there and what you will be saying because it never changes.

I don't follow you anywhere. You have chased me on quite a few threads though. I go to a thread where I want to comment. I will not avoid such threads just because I have a preconceived notion that you will be there seeding rhetoric as usual. Much to your disappointment, you do not control me. I do not follow you nor do I wish to lead you. I do not attack you personally but I will challenge your statements and point out obvious things like whataboutism.

It is obvious we do not agree and is unlikely that we ever will. Perhaps we can take away some comfort knowing that neither of us condone the use of violence to convey political ideals. Whether it ever progresses beyond that, at least we have a solid cornerstone.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

Yeah some teenager minding his own business does get killed in places like Chicago, Detroit, Baltimore, etc fairly routinely but our media won't cover that because it doesn't fit the narrative.

I’m not sure I follow you. Media reports on kids getting shot are not uncommon.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   
If there is a genuine pattern of violence against Trump supporters then this will have the opposite effect than that which be desired by the people perpetrating the violence - the mild majority of civilians who enjoy a peaceful status quo will slowly become polarised against the lawlessness of the disgruntled left which will empower the Trump regime.
It isn't far fetched to imagine a Trump government creating and passing laws to quell any form of protest or 'resistence' under the guise of protecting the common man of the USA. His supporter base will grow exponentially - genuine and considered groups and instances of protest will be frowned upon by a larger percentage of the mild majority .
History repeating itself... I'm not saying the USA is trotting down the same path but a fair example is the confrontations between political ideologies as the Nazi party began to seize its power.

"Violent confrontations with antifascists gave the Nazis a chance to paint themselves as the victims of a pugnacious, lawless left. They seized it.

It worked. We know now that many Germans supported the fascists because they were terrified of leftist violence in the streets. Germans opened their morning newspapers and saw reports of clashes like the one in Wedding. It looked like a bloody tide of civil war was rising in their cities. Voters and opposition politicians alike came to believe the government needed special police powers to stop violent leftists. Dictatorship grew attractive. The fact that the Nazis themselves were fomenting the violence didn’t seem to matter.

One of Hitler’s biggest steps to dictatorial power was to gain emergency police powers, which he claimed he needed to suppress leftist violence."
Laurie Marhueffer, University of Washington

The people who commit reckless and stupid acts of disrespect and violence against their fellow citizens are to stupid not to realise they're probably feeding the very beast they're trying to fight. If it can work in the favour of a man like Hitler it can work for anyone.
edit on 8-7-2018 by kingparrot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

I’m not sure I follow you. Media reports on kids getting shot are not uncommon.

Local media does. National media tends to only report special cases, like a bunch of white kids getting shot in a school. The epidemic of murder of inner city black kids is mostly ignored at the national level.

ETA: And yeah, I'm sure you can find a few clips here and there of them covering inner city violence. My point is the rate at which it's occuring and the rate at which the national media gives it attention is badly out of proportion.
edit on 8 7 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: kingparrot

Great post. I don't think the US is heading toward a 1930s Germany situation but it's a big point of irony that these "resist" idiots would actually be enabling that type of thing, if it was really coming. The other irony is that they themselves are using Nazi-type tactics, while screaming that everyone who doesn't agree with them is a Nazi. I'm not sure anyone should be surprised, given the poor education most of these people are getting. Zero perspective of history.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Gryphon66

Do you think the "low IQ thugs" only exist on one ideological side?

Well one side IS the topic.

And it's the side Making book burning Great Again.

It's funny that you guys seem to really believe that a topic that is launched with a certain intent or perspective is only available to those who share that perspective.

In the case of the OP, a man was assaulted in his own front yard. There's no reason to ask "why" because there's no good answer to that.

The answer is that it's wrong for anyone to incite or enact violence for political reasons.

The threads obvious intention is to parlay this horrible event into another "the left is out to get us" bash-fest.
But there was a reason and it was political. Is it acceptable practice on either side of the political debate ? I say no it is not.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Trump is our president for God sake and the flag / sign is on his property. What the hell is wrong with some of you? Still sore and jealous from the loss? Sign the Maxine Waters petition: petitions.whitehouse.gov...
edit on 8-7-2018 by jseeley because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: jseeley

The problem is Trump and the hatred and division he breeds. No president in history has elicited such hatred and anger.

Trump is just toxic.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

The media and democrats are the ones breeding hate and division.
Trump has been trying to get the job done, showing that he is doing this for ALL of us.

edit on 7/8/18 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
a reply to: Willtell

Truth. Ironic since they constantly cry about Russian interference, when in fact they are the one's doing Russia the most favors. Putin wanted this kind of division. They're playing right into his hands.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Exactly. It's the DNC owned media and the lies they spew. What's sad is their followers/listeners base their opinions on this propaganda and then they feed off of each other.
edit on 8-7-2018 by jseeley because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
I see a so-called "leader" of a country who insights division every time he opens his mouth.

Do I support physical violence? NO!

But, expect more.

Exactly, trump is doing nothing but encouraging the left vs right divide. Left and right are filled with gullible fools. While they wear their maga hats, or anti-trump shirts, the people at the top are becoming richer and more powerful.

Divide and conquer. No need for large wars anymore, just dumb down the masses and convince them that this is the only way.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Trump really wants to get the job done with all those golfing retreats and twitter rants..

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

Trump really wants to get the job done with all those golfing retreats and twitter rants..

Well, apparently he is getting the job done with minority unemployment at record lows, stock market doing good.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

That's why I came back. Soros rang me up the other night and told me to get my sorry ass back on the clock. Hate and division ain't going to breed themselves. Apparently

Trump has been trying to get the job done, showing that he is doing this for ALL of us.

He's a saint that one

:-)

You are my favorite and most consistent Trump Pompom Girl BlueAjah

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join