It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goon Attacks Florida Man Over Trump Flag In His Own Front Yard

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: Chance321

originally posted by: neo96
Scratch that.

Began long before the last two years.

Began at Occupy Wall Street and has steadily escalated to the vulgar depths of stupidity.

I'll see your Occupy and raise you Tea Party Rallies.

You seriously can not be comparing the Tea Party Rallies with the occupy mobs can you? The Tea Party left the area cleaner when they left then when they arrived. The occupy event had to have safe areas for women because of the rape charges that were happening there.

We're talking about political violence, and yes, if you don't remember, the Tea Party rallies got violent.

I'd love to see a specfic reference for anything you're talking about ... I provided ample evidence for my claims.

How about this: www.thefeministwire.com...
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Scratch that.

Began long before the last two years.

Began at Occupy Wall Street and has steadily escalated to the vulgar depths of stupidity.

I'll see your Occupy and raise you Tea Party Rallies.

You seriously can not be comparing the Tea Party Rallies with the occupy mobs can you? The Tea Party left the area cleaner when they left then when they arrived. The occupy event had to have safe areas for women because of the rape charges that were happening there.

We're talking about political violence, and yes, if you don't remember, the Tea Party rallies got violent.

I'd love to see a specfic reference for anything you're talking about ... I provided ample evidence for my claims.

How about this: www.thefeministwire.com...
www.youtube.com...

I was told violence from 2010 wasn't important earlier. Yours is from 2011.

My answer is that all violence from whatever quarter for political purposes or straightforward abuse (like you're citing) is wrong. Anyone being raped or sexually abused at ANYTIME is among the most heinous crimes in my book.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Boynton Beach homeowner Jeff Good was just relaxing and enjoying the holiday when a car pulled up and a stranger demanded that he take the flag down and denounced the president.
Mr. Good refused and was punched right in the face by the thug. He then instinctively punched back but got his arm stuck in the car as the driver sped off, dragging the homeowner a short distance resulting in minor injuries.

Anyone else see a trend developing?

No, i don't see any trend developing.

A few years ago we were in the midst of a massive drought where I live... News stories were popping up everywhere of people being physically assaulted by random people out the front of their house, simply because their front garden looked too lush & green.

Point being... this type of crap happens all the time and probably has for the entire existence of civilization as we know it.

Its completely disingenuous to cherry pick these random altercations to vindicate your own political bias and claim some extremist upraising.

Better plant your head fully in the ground less you see something that you may not believe.

Got any links to your claims... I’ll wait

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

I didn't own either until the burger joint incident.

Now I proudly wear my MAGA hat and have a Trump flag I fly under our National flag

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: whywhynot

Boynton Beach homeowner Jeff Good was just relaxing and enjoying the holiday when a car pulled up and a stranger demanded that he take the flag down and denounced the president.
Mr. Good refused and was punched right in the face by the thug. He then instinctively punched back but got his arm stuck in the car as the driver sped off, dragging the homeowner a short distance resulting in minor injuries.

A few years ago we were in the midst of a massive drought where I live... News stories were popping up everywhere of people being physically assaulted by random people out the front of their house, simply because their front garden looked too lush & green.

Point being... this type of crap happens all the time and probably has for the entire existence of civilization as we know it.

Its completely disingenuous to cherry pick these random altercations to vindicate your own political bias and claim some extremist upraising.

Got any links to your claims...

What "claims" specifically do you think requires a link?

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
a reply to: AtomicKangaroo

Most of what you're seeing is the extremist elements, who are a minority. They get all the attention from the media, but they don't represent the majority of Americans. Most Americans are political moderates or apolitical. We agree on more stuff than we disagree on, a few agitators just make a lot of #ing noise.

These same people would probably be out attacking others/committing crimes either way. I try not to blame their political beliefs or ideology (even when they're motivating factors) simply because someone who would attack over politics is someone who will attack over anything (real or imagined)

Troublesome to see these incidents, and disheartening that some would commit acts of violence over petty reasons

Hope moderates prevail on both sides and curb the extremist lean our politics have taken

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

There is a developing trend by the left of being violent towards the right.

How would you know theirs a "developing trend"?

Truth is, you only know about the narrative these youtube clips and the right wing MSM is trying to sell to you.

It is interesting that you say youtube clips because the Man that stole and assaulted those kids is facing a felony theft charge
Not really fake news here from THE WASHINGTON POST. Man Facing Felony charges for stealing MAGA hat at whataburger.

Do you support this kind of thing? TWP is not right wing by far.
Neither is NBC
Man claims he was assulted for TRUMP flag in own yard

So tell me again how Far Right news sites are propagating this narrative. To deny that this is happening is ignorant at best. If it's not ignorance then its something far far worse...

Violence. This is a dark road to go down. Your not gonna change someones mind by beating it out of them. To deny someones right to their own opinion with violence is the at the very heart of what Fascism is. You know the very thing that we sent more than just a few good men off to suffer and die overseas to stop. The very thing that took a world at war to bring to an end.

I do not care if you support the president or not. We no longer have the intelligence as a whole to understand that the bipartisan rhetoric on either side is dividing us to the point that we cannot agree to disagree anymore.

The triggering of violence by someones opinion that you do not believe in is never justified.

Trying to deny its happening is turning your back on the facts. Turning your back to the facts and denying it is happening is the same as condoning the actions in the first place, because you have been presented with evidence that counters your narrative. And instead of embracing the fact that it happened your reaction is to try and deny it did happen at all.

Can you not see how this is dangerous?? Validating violence against an opinion is how wars are started.
There are no "good wars." Just more dead bodies. Just more good men dead.
How many bodies does it take to change an Opinion? Why would violence work in this instance.

Maybe instead of MAGA hats and TRUMP flags, they should wear a red star patch?
Its not the same thing you may say. Think about it for a second. Really really think about that.

Opinions are not why wars are started. Violent reactions to them are. And that is the very definition of INTOLERANCE.
Sticks and stones may break my bones , but Wars against words is just plain stupid, and pointless.

edit on 7-7-2018 by PainGod because: stuff.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: whywhynot

Got any links to your claims...

What "claims" specifically do you think requires a link?

You can’t even read your own posts?

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: PainGod

I never once denied the obvious fact that certain people are prone to having complete melt downs and doing stupid s# over petty nonsense.

I'm denying that its some kind of "developing trend"... Its just cherry picking from certain MSM outlets, which make gullible people assume its some kind of so called "developing trend".

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

I believe they want you to prove you had a drought where you live a few years ago.

Yes, really.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Have there been any similar occurances in the last Administration?

This article was published in 2008, only 11 days after Obama was elected.

In that time ...

Four North Carolina State University students admitted writing anti-Obama comments in a tunnel designated for free speech expression, including one that said: "Let's shoot that (N-word) in the head."

Second- and third-grade students on a school bus in Rexburg, Idaho, chanted "assassinate Obama," a district official said.

University of Alabama professor Marsha L. Houston said a poster of the Obama family was ripped off her office door. A replacement poster was defaced with a death threat and a racial slur. "It seems the election brought the racist rats out of the woodwork," Houston said.

Black figures were hanged by nooses from trees on Mount Desert Island, Maine, the Bangor Daily News reported.

Crosses were burned in yards of Obama supporters in Hardwick, N.J., and Apolacan Township, Pa.

A black teenager in New York City said he was attacked with a bat on election night by four white men who shouted 'Obama.'

In the Pittsburgh suburb of Forest Hills, a black man said he found a note with a racial slur on his car windshield, saying "now that you voted for Obama, just watch out for your house."

NBC News November 15, 2008

Oh, but that's not actual violence ... eh? Sadly, stay tuned ...

Kaylon Johnson, an African American campaign worker for Obama, was physically assaulted for wearing an Obama T-shirt in Louisiana following the 2008 election. The three white male attackers shouted “F### Obama!” and “N##### president!” as they broke Johnson’s nose and fractured his eye-socket, requiring surgery.

The Hill

Only hours after Obama's election, a predominantly black church in Springfield, Mass., was torched. Three white men were arrested just days before Obama's Jan. 20 inauguration and charged with conspiring to deprive church congregants of their civil rights.

SPLC FEbruary 26, 2009

Those are in the first few days after Obama was elected; there were EIGHT more years after that.

Political violence does not have a "side." Condemn it where you see it.
edit on 7-7-2018 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

First, you make a lot of statements that are opinion and nothing but yet you attempt to portray them as fact.

Second, your entire post was whataboutism. This thread is about violence from the left and you cant let that go by without pointing out that the right does it too. I don't think that word means what you think it means.

Third, you make a point of noting the choice to be immature yet you neatly excuse your own immaturity.

Fourth, I do not participate in hand-wringing and fear-mongering. I tell the truth that we all see every day yet only some of us are willing to acknowledge. But then, I don't have an agenda that supersedes truth. The truth is the left is far more likely to degrade to the level of thug behavior than the right.

Fifth, your entire response is nothing but denial and obfuscation. I don't think those words mean what you think they mean.

And last, I address your content. Show me where I have attacked you personally. Show me anything I said that was anything other than a direct response to your backhanded insults and not-so-subtle implications.

You can be spotted a mile away. All I have to do is see the title of the thread to know you are there and what you are saying. You never disappoint - predictable as a broken record and just as informative. (Am I allowed to comment on your commentary or is that a personal attack?) I know how you lefties love to play the victim...

Edit: You point out that tea party rallies got violent. They didn't attack each other, there were other people involved. An individual does not attack a rally of opposing views. No, that takes a group of sufficient size to make a confrontation a worth while endeavor. They didn't just spontaneously appear there, they went there enforce with a purpose - violence. But that was the tea party's fault?

Has it ever occurred to you to ask why you meet with so much opposition on so many threads where you spout the same rhetoric over and over? You simply can not let an anti left thread pass by without getting in there and accusing the right of the same or worse. You just can't stay on that one topic. You have to spread it out as thin as possible as if accusing the right somehow justifies the actions of the left. It doesn't. Some people may say you have to follow that chain of events all the way back to the beginning to see who threw the first punch or it is all meaningless. I suggest it is meaningless either way. There was no philosophical first punch. It is just inappropriate ghetto behavior which, coincidentally, happens more in ghettos than anywhere else. And if you aren't aware of this fact - most of them are democrat strongholds.
edit on 7-7-2018 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Looking at the news link and video, the guy seems to be an attention seeker and doesn't show a single scratch from his claimed encounter.

Not buying it.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: PainGod

Violence. This is a dark road to go down. Your not gonna change someones mind by beating it out of them.

You could always beat them to death with a pipe or run them down en masse with a car?

A drink in the face is a breach of civility.

Trumpites have no credibility denouncing violence.

Violence is an unacceptable form of political expression.

edit on 7-7-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

originally posted by: PainGod

Violence. This is a dark road to go down. Your not gonna change someones mind by beating it out of them.

You could always beat them to death with a pipe or run them down en masse with a car?

A drink in the face is a breach of civility.

Trumpites have no credibility denouncing violence.

Violence is an unacceptable form of political expression.

They dont? considering the majority of the violence were seeing is occuring against them, it seems to me they have plenty of room. Does the truth offend your sensibilities? do you need a safe space?

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Yet, you never give examples of these gross, overgeneralized claims you make about what I do. I note where I am giving my opinion, and cite where I'm stating fact, if it's not common knowledge.

No, my post is not whataboutism (as I've explained to you previously) because I'm not discounting what this thread concerns. I am against the violence inflicted on the Trump supporter, however, as opposed to the current NARRATIVE that is being fronted for here, to wit, that "the left" is making some wide-scale violent attacks on Trump supporters and that "the right" has never inflicted violence on anyone ... and since the memories of Trump supporters and some others are so short, I have to give citations to the same kind of violence AND MUCH WORSE to give context to the correction that current events are not what the OP claims.

My "immaturity" is your opinion. Who cares?

If you're signing onto the narrative being pushed right now about wide-scale, accelerating "left" violence and promoting it, you certainly are fear-mongering and hand-wringing.

You sound like a broken record ... do you realize that every post of mine you try to respond to, and in, general, anytime you respond to a post you don't like, your claims are always the same ... it's false, the poster is obfuscating, they're immature, etc.

Really, it's boring as crap.

I can be spotted a mile away? LOL. I used to call people like you "fans" ... but now I know you're just so mired into the extremist narrative that when anyone doesn't play by the rules that you live by, "US AND THEM," you experience such cognitive dissonance that you MUST strike out with these silly personal denigrations of someone you don't even know.

Why else would you chase me around from thread to thread talking not about my arguments, but about your perception of ME???

99% of what you just said is commentary on me, the person, not the post. Not the content. You offer nothing but your unsubstantiated statements in return, whereas I have cited and backed up most of my claims that could be contended.

I'm not met with "opposition" here at ATS any more than anyone else. There are a few folks, lke you yourself, that seem obsessed with what I write here ... and I'm damned if I know why. If you don't like what I have to say ... JUST STOP READING IT.

I don't believe in these BS concepts of "left" and "right" ... we are all individuals, we all believe different things, and so those of you who are so embodied in that scenario go OUT OF YOUR WAY to make the same ZERO CONTENT replies to me ad infinitum, ad nauseam.

I'm ignoring you from here on out, bud, not only because this is the last time I waste time responding to the nincompoopery, but because it's just not worth it.

Why don't you do the same?
edit on 7-7-2018 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Ok. So is all MSM complicate in this?

I did provide news sources that are not "right wing".

And if what you are saying is true than is the vast majority of MSM conspiring to report only these "cherry picked" incidents. Because both of these incidents are ALL over MSM.

The Church shooting was done by a White supremacist. That was intolerance ending with a mass lose of life based on someones race.

Not really a cherry picked incident because it was reported world wide on all news outlets.

How many incidents of intolerance would you say it takes to start a trend?

All of these incidents are perpetuated by hate.

If that is the case what would you say the end game is here for the MSM?

Do you really feel then that all media is perpetuating this bi-polar splitting of the country?
if so again I say to what end?

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
So , to have a little bit of fun and relive my youth when I brought life changing events into bullies' lives , do I need to buy my first MAGA hat and sign for my yard ?

I ordered a MAGA hat just for this reason the other day when I read about those kids that got attacked in that restaurant (by the way I made sure it was made in America). The funny thing is that although I have Amazon prime which gives me free two day shipping I noticed I wasn’t going to receive my hat until the 18th of this month. I looked into it and realized that it was because I had to wait for it to restock before they could ship it. It seems that MAGA hats are selling so fast that even large manufacturing companies cannot make them as fast as they are selling.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 01:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

So , to have a little bit of fun and relive my youth when I brought life changing events into bullies' lives , do I need to buy my first MAGA hat and sign for my yard ?

I ordered a MAGA hat just for this reason the other day when I read about those kids that got attacked in that restaurant (by the way I made sure it was made in America). The funny thing is that although I have Amazon prime which gives me free two day shipping I noticed I wasn’t going to receive my hat until the 18th of this month. I looked into it and realized that it was because I had to wait for it to restock before they could ship it. It seems that MAGA hats are selling so fast that even large manufacturing companies cannot make them as fast as they are selling.

Shhh , I was a "Bern" man until he showed his true colors.
But I am very seriously thinking about a nice MAGA hat and sign though.
Dont tell anyone my secret...

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 01:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

Shhh , I was a "Bern" man until he showed his true colors.
But I am very seriously thinking about a nice MAGA hat and sign though.
Dont tell anyone my secret...

I liked Bern too. I might have even voted for him over Trump...shhhhh

Buy the hat at least if anything just to see what kind of reactions you get!
edit on 7/8/2018 by Alien Abduct because: (no reason given)

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join