It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goon Attacks Florida Man Over Trump Flag In His Own Front Yard

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: CymaticA

Did you direct your rage toward the same issue during the Obama Administration?

If not, you may have an answer to your question.

I wouldn't call it rage, but yes. In fact, I was probably more critical of Bush than Obama. But I also recognize they both work for the same boss, giving us the illusion of choice. It's all bs. Can never be 100% in an age of deception, but I definetely wouldn't be suprised if Trump and the media(at least those at the top) are together playing tricks on the public for the purpose of division. I could be wrong and he really might be trying to do some good things, but who the hell knows.

I do know for 100% fact the media does not care about truth. I frequently tune into local radio talk shows of either side, and when any real issue or truth bomb is brought up, the host very casually steers the conversion elsewhere or ridicules the caller, that's if they made it through screening.

One example: the republican party that claims to represent conservatives likes to claim concealed carry permits and background checks are ok. They don't bother to bring up the fact you just turned your right into a privilege.

I definetely have a more conservative mindset, but I also find my self constantly arguing with my uncle who watches fox news all the time. It's the difference between thinking for yourself and having someone else program your thoughts

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: namehere
All this conflict in America is the fault of the media, for years they have acted irresponsibly and have abused their ability to influence the general population with their words, wielding their words for the sake of money, power and control over the people. the media needs a check on its power before it gets too far out of hand and we end up in a civil war that destroys this country, their actions have set the stage for it and their desperation for survival in recent times has only worsened their destructive behavior.

incidents like these need to be taken more seriously, many conflicts throughout human history have started over words and seemingly small unimportant incidents, if this trend isn't reversed i see america becoming like china during the cultural revolution, with many groups of people wandering around mass murdering innocent people for whatever reason they could use as an excuse. it's not a game and americans need to wake up before it goes too far one of these times, who knows what the trigger will be for civil war 2.

freedom of speech is great but it's time americans recognize how dangerous words can be and demand checks and balances over the mass media before it destroys america, trump is just a means to an end for the media corporations to manipulate all americans, on both sides, stirring up old hatreds and creating new ones, poking at our wounds until chaos reigns while profiting off it all.

the media isn't on the side of the people and it never was, to them the people are just idiots to be controlled and manipulated through division.

they need checks or their greed and ambition will destroy them and leave a huge scar on american society that we will never recover from for centuries.

The media isn't in charge of the agenda, they are merely a tool used by those that wield the power.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   
It's great to see Americans at each others throats the way they are instead of trying to bridge the gap meet half way and deal with the real problems.
Nope keep fighting amongst yourselves.

Left keep wanting to be antagonized by the right so you feel justified in 'fighting back"
Right keep wanting to be antagonized by the feel so you feel justified in 'fighting back"

Damn labels.

But yeah. I think ya'll brewing for a fight. You all want to wind each other up.
It's not about left and right, it's about your caveman instincts. Your wild west mentality.
I don't see anyone here that's putting a label to themselves who is offering nice peaceful solutions.
Putting forth ways this problem can be resolved.

Nah it's all "PLEASE, PLEASE COME AT ME FELLOW 'MURICANS, I WANT YOU TO HAVE A GO AT ME SO BAD, ITCHING TO USE MY GUNS FOR ONCE, BIT OF OL BIFFO"

I don't see anyone saying "Well I don't want to be fighting my fellow country men. The problem is the system and we need to work together to fix it. Find a middle ground that will work for all"

Nope, what's more important is my team better than your team. (Even though you're all meant to be on the same team.)
RED vs. BLUE, My colour and political animal shape rocks, yours sucks!!! Because such stupid things matter.
It's like watching children argue the sky is purple or green when we know it's blue.

And all the while the Politicians, the Rich power brokers and the MSM are all laughing their arses off, because while you're at each others throats you're not looking at them.
Don't drink the kool aid they say? ya'll drank it along time ago. ALL OF YOU. And you took a healthy dose of fluoride while you were at it.
You've all been socially engineered nicely.

Kind of pathetic seeing supposed adults going at it like name calling school children as most of you are.

Admit it you're all dying for it to kick off. MIGHT MAKES YOU RIGHT YEEHAW!!!
Your own words show as much.

Thing about the left and right, those of us in the middle. Are stuck with the stupid in stereo.

So yes, please keep at each others throats. I got myself a tonne of popcorn for the show.
Now stop barking and start biting. Or shut the hell up.

Or you know. You could all grow the # up and work together like adults do.
At the very least get the # back to facebook where all this American politics and drams belong.

Seriously it's like watching the worlds slowest demolition derby at this point. Driving around in circles threatning to crash your car and never doing it.
Stop saying you're gonna punch each other out and shoot each other and just start doing it already goddamn bunch of keyboard warriors.

I remember when the world respected and looked up to America. I can tell you the entire country and it's people have become a joke now and you're all the self made punch lines.

The day you yanks realize that you might actually start dealing with this crap instead of polluting every single website with it and # all else.

Seriously read what you write, look at how you talk to each other.
What would you say if your kids were speaking that way to each other?
Maybe think about that.

Land of the free, home of the brave, leader of the world? BAHAHAHA
You people cannot even lead yourselves. How can you claim to lead the world?

Seriously you'd have to be pretty mentally deficient as an adult to think how any of you are behaving towards each other is decent, respectful or acceptable.

For a pretty goddamn Christian country, ya'll seem to have forgotten that whole "do as you'd be done by" and "turn the other cheek" things.

Snap the hell out of it. Go after the real enemies. But I doubt any of you will.
Nope you'll still be sitting all snug at home tomorrow at your computers, looking for youtube videos, news articles biased in your favor, itching to try those new nasty zingers you've been working on against your fellow people and sweet # all else.

And yeah go ahead and get mad at me. Be angry. How dare you foreigner attack us AMERICANS.
But deep down you'll know you're mad, because you know I am right.

Goddamn spouting on amount constitutions and amendments and you won't even enforce them and use them as they were designed to be.
You don't use them to better your nation for all. You use them as a launching pad to excuse your #ty behavior.

Reply, dissect what I say, cherry pick to suit you ignoring what's actually there and reality. Throw insults. All the things, and only things, you all seem good at and capable of.
I said my piece. I won't just go around and around in circles with you day after day as you all do. Don;t expect a response from me to your butthurt reply that is there only to soothe your own over inflated egos.

Seriously see the same people here saying the same # having the same arguments, over and over on here every day.
Often in the same thread....... THE SAME DAMN #.
What are you people doing with your lives?
Yeah Stars and Flags matter. I got 100 stars! WHAT A LIFE GOAL ACCOMPLISHMENT!
Now the politicians will listen to you because of them pixels.
Because ranting on a damn UFO, Paranormal and Conspiracy site and making it trash will change your country.
Just as much as me liking that facebook post is gonna cure cancer.

You're not making advances. You're sending yourselves backwards.

Go see your parents, ask them to give you a swift kick in the pants. I don't care if your 18 or 80. You all need it.
Grown ups? hmph. What a joke. If you're adults bloody well try acting like it and put on a new record.

I feel embarrassed for you and your country and I am embarressed at what you all have turned ATS and virtually every where on the internet into.

Goddamn cannot even watch a cute cat video without some idiot Americans in the comments guaranteed starting up bull# about how the cat is a Trump supporting Nazi or Hillary Lefty Snowflake.

When the hell does it end?

edit on 7-7-2018 by AtomicKangaroo because: typos as usual. probably more in there lol. but hey not like you'll actually read what I wrote.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Anything to hate on The Donald

www.dailysquat.com...

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: AtomicKangaroo
What you are describing is Obama's legacy.

Division and hatred.

Not the "Change" most Americans were hoping for.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: rival
If there were to be a fascist movement in this country, I would have
expected it to spring from the political right--not from the ostensibly
pacifist liberal left...seems counter intuitive.

Is it that you totally misunderstand the fact that Liberal left is really Fascist? All Right wingers want to follow limited laws and prefer Anarchy to more gov like progressives in the DNC constantly try to cram down our throats with the aid of several progressive RINO's IMO.

edit on 7-7-2018 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Hi,
I ask these things, out of my ignorance.

I do not agree with the homeowner being assaulted and I don't care for political finger-pointing, etc.

Based on the video, I'm under the impression he ventured over to the vehicle (on the street, which might be public property?), where he was assaulted & retaliated. This is because he says,"This is where it happened..." (on the street). And with his arm being caught in the window, right after he was assaulted, it leaves me the impression the whole altercation took place on the street, not on his private property... that the driver never left the vehicle.

If this goes to court, will it work against him that he ventured off his private property, when he wasn't in a threat of physical harm? If the homeowner did leave his property, I don't see why he absolutely "had" to go to the vehicle. If he had stayed on his property, could this have just been a yelling match and no physical altercation?

Personally, when things like this happen (not politically motivated), I just stay on my property. They can shout, etc. whatever they want, as long as they are not trespassing or hurting my family, guests, etc. on my property.

Thanks for reading.
edit on 2018 7 7 by oldme because: fixed typo- assaulted & retaliated were spelled incorrectly o.O

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: oldme

I also thought that this may have happened in the street. Let the person trespass and have the legal edge. Not the best idea to go to him, IMO.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

You have it reversed.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Dp
edit on 7-7-2018 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Most of what you're seeing is the extremist elements, who are a minority. They get all the attention from the media, but they don't represent the majority of Americans. Most Americans are political moderates or apolitical. We agree on more stuff than we disagree on, a few agitators just make a lot of #ing noise.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

originally posted by: rival
If there were to be a fascist movement in this country, I would have
expected it to spring from the political right--not from the ostensibly
pacifist liberal left...seems counter intuitive.

Is it that you totally misunderstand the fact that Liberal left is really Fascist? All Right wingers want to follow limited laws and prefer Anarchy to more gov like progressives in the DNC constantly try to cram down our throats with the aid of several progressive RINO's IMO.

Also weren't you monologing about being non-partisan a bit ago?

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

Most of what you're seeing is the extremist elements, who are a minority. They get all the attention from the media, but they don't represent the majority of Americans. Most Americans are political moderates or apolitical. We agree on more stuff than we disagree on, a few agitators just make a lot of #ing noise.

^^^^
THIS
1000%

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I'm sorry this happened. We should all make a vow never to disturb anyone on their private property, no matter how distasteful we find it.

If they do harass us or our family members, or destroy our property we should call police and follow proper channels, rather than risk tempers flaring and letting it escalate.

Let's maintain peace amidst our chaos and unrest

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

Thank you.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Sounds like you know exactly where you are.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Quockly, left and right politics comes from the French Assembly, loyalist supporters of the king were on the right and the republicans on the left.

The Founders based our system of government on the republican ideal.

The right supports authoritarian centralized government.

Both American parties are center Right.

edit on 7-7-2018 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Anyone else see a trend developing?

Yeah - I do :-)

Reports of violent incidents directed at supporters of President Trump continue to trickle in...
Actual real life link - to actual maybe kinda sorta news story ...plus one more
!!!

Was this guy watching fireworks alone in his driveway? Nobody to corroborate his story?

After exchanging words, Good says the man punched him in the face and drove off with his arm stuck in the door. Good says he was dragged for about 30 feet and has bumps and bruises from the incident.

“My political goal here is just to express my love for this president and for somebody to punch you in the face for just presenting the flag to the public, that is enough said right there,” said Good.

What to Know

Jeff Good says he was watching fireworks in the driveway of his Boynton Beach home on Wednesday when a man approached in a car.

After exchanging words, Good says the man punched him in the face and drove off with his arm stuck in the door.

All the obvious emphasis mine

Boynton Beach Police are asking for anyone with information about the attack to contact them. Good said the car was a silver, two door vehicle – and says he will continue to fly the flag.

Good boy Mr. Good. Claiming seems to be good enough - for some

So, I want to ask you - had this story been in reverse, and someone was claiming they were attacked by a Trump supporter - would you need more facts? Or would you take their word for it?
edit on 7/7/2018 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/7/2018 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Sounds like you know exactly where you are.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

So, I want to ask you - had this story been in reverse, and someone was claiming they were attacked by a Trump supporter - would you need more facts? Or would you take their word for it?

I'd probably copy/paste your post and change the names in a weak attempt to debunk the story.

Or I'd be as critical of any attacker to free expression as I've consistently been.

Either/or

flip a coin.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join