It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking Heat records all over by 10 degrees

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greven

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Greven

So you don't know how they got the numbers?

Why don't you know, engineer?

I'm asking you the question.

Do you know how they got the numbers?

Obviously you don't.

That's my whole point. You just take it on faith. You don't question. You simply accept.

Thank you for proving my point.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greven

So you don't know how they got the numbers?

Why don't you know, engineer?

I'm asking you the question.

Do you know how they got the numbers?

Obviously you don't.

That's my whole point. You just take it on faith. You don't question. You simply accept.

Thank you for proving my point.

Apparently an engineer doesn't know how the International Standard Atmosphere was developed.

I think you are either lying about being an engineer, or are purposely being disingenuous.

It's a model atmosphere that the International Civil Aviation Organization adopted - one pilots use to safely transit our atmosphere every single day.

It assumes a sea-level pressure of 1013.25 hPa, a sea-level temperature of 15°C, and a fixed lapse rate for temperature of 1.98°C per 1000 ft up to the tropopause, where the temperature is assumed to be -56.5°C.
edit on 21Sat, 07 Jul 2018 21:41:26 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago7 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 10:08 PM
link   

How do they get the data?

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 10:23 PM
link   

How do they get the data?

It's a model.

Pilots get data from instruments on their planes.

You are literally questioning aviation, physics, engineering, and science in general in your effort to cast doubt on climate science.

You are not interested in any of this. All you're doing is trying to muddy the waters.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 10:44 PM
link   

You are either deliberately avoiding the point or you aren't smart enough to get it.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 02:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Gargoyle91
Belgium so hot man for so many weeks ...
And no rain in sight.
1976 was a hot summer but this one is just not normal.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Day 11 of the Day of the Unending summer, log 42.

"It is so hot and bright (which we are not used to in the UK) no air, no wind and rain? Oh sweet wonderful wet rain I can not wait to run through you naked again but I fear we will not last til then".

Log 43.

"The night twas still and muggy we have mostly run out of water and thankfully due to the world cup the country has extra beer, I'm saving the Fosters for the kids If it comes that desperate".

Log 44.

"The peeling on my shoulders has come to it's conclusion of red raw skin which makes it hard to do anything, the Lard I have been saving gives me a little respite but has been attracting the wasps so I have to be on guard at all times".

Log 45.

"Oh the irony we all hope for a nice summer but once it's here we miss our sweet drab usual British weather".

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Clearly, the claims for and against man-made contribution to climate disruption around the planet polarise people just as much as cultural ideology. There are quite a few reasons as to why a person will deny climate disruption. They range from ideological opposition to authority through to paranoia that taxes will be brought in to curb CO2 production. However, curbing CO2 production is only half of the equation to solving the CO2 issue, the other half of the equation requires that we also, simultaneously, take out CO2 from the atmosphere, because curbing CO2 production alone won't take anything out of the air.

The man-made CO2 that is already in the air is contributing right now to the climate disruption and has been doing so for decades. The earth's natural carbon-sinks are fully saturated, so there's nowhere for new CO2 to go, it just hangs around for a very long time in the atmosphere and is stirred and circulated around the globe by natural dynamics in pockets of various densities. While CO2 is circulated, so is the heat, and year on year, while we keep on producing new CO2 emissions, the CO2 being circulated gains more density, and of course the heat rises, which means effects go from local to global, such as this heatwave.

The current heat snap being experienced by the northern hemisphere may well not be caused by the CO2 in the atmosphere, but what the CO2 is doing is adding a few more degrees to the actual temperature, which is why heat records all over the northern hemisphere are being set, year on year.

news.slashdot.org...

You'll notice I am using the term climate disruption rather than climate change, and I do so because climate disruption is a far more accurate phrase to use at this point rather than climate change. I don't accept that we are changing to anything as yet, but I do accept that the CO2 we are producing is having a contributive effect to the intensity of the disruption.

Quite simply, our fossil fuel burning is taking us from global stable climates into long-term disruptive effects. For us to enter into a climate change all the dynamics in play with regard to climate have to settle into either a cooler, a warmer, or temperate global climate. Only then can it be claimed that we have experienced a climate change. If we continue on the path we have been on for the last few centuries, it may be that we will experience a climate change into a far more warmer and seriously more uncomfortable climate. The disruption is obviously the pre-cursor to the slide from one of the three types of climate into one of the other. Natural climate dynamics will always respond to variables that lead to destabilisation of a current climate.

The only thing CO2 does is trap heat. However, it doesn't stop more heat from coming in. So over the decades, as the sun goes through hot and cooler phases, the earth's natural climate dynamics can deal with whatever the sun sends our way, that is to say, when the greenhouse gases in the atmosphere work with the planet to do so. When any of the greenhouse gases bloom and grow through whatever dynamic, the earth deals with it by regulating its own temperature via circulation dynamics and greenhouse capture sinks, a form of push-me-pull-you effect.

When the greenhouse capture sinks become over-saturated the gases remain in the atmosphere and start heating it up, and overtime as the gases constantly increase, so does the heat, and this will trigger feedback loops as the earth tries to regulate the extra heat. When the earth's natural heat regulation starts to falter and fail, global climate disruption is the result. If we don't take CO2 out of the atmosphere, the carbon sinks can't do their job of taking CO2 out of the air, because they remain saturated.

This is our current position right now. We are doing nothing to take CO2 out of the atmosphere, and remain on the same path with nothing but token gestures to reduce CO2 production. Energy producers want to remain in control of energy production, and governments do not want a sudden earthquake shift in their economies taking place. I don't doubt that energy producers would love to move away from fossil fuels and make the move to cleaner types of energy production, but they want to be in charge of it, they want to control it, they do not want to go the same way as the other older industries that declined. However, we are looking at essential natural reasons for moving away from fossil fuels, and not just economic ones. We are all going to be responsible for the deaths of millions of people annually and globally if we don't work together to lower our own carbon footprints.

I won't hold ny breath on global cooperation. I am quite sure I won't see it in my lifetime, and you may not see it in yours.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Globally, of the 10 hottest years on record since 1880, the oldest hottest year was 1998. And since 2009, only 2011 is excluded in the top 10. It looks like this (sorted chronologically):

Yea.. nothing to see here folks.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   
fleabit:

Would it really be inconvenient for you to actually give a link to your sources?

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I'm calling BS.

What record was broken by 10 degrees exactly in California? I live in Las Vegas and we have not even hit our record of 117 degrees this year. There is no chance what so ever that it will come even close to 127 degrees.

The hottest day in Phoenix is 122 degrees. It has not hit 122 in Phoenix this year.

The temperature at UCLA soared to 111 degrees, the hottest ever recorded there, surpassing the previous record of 109 degrees, set Sept. 20, 1939, the National Weather Service reported. A whopping 2 degrees.

What temperature in California was broken by 10 degreese?

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Even when the temperatures are reasonable or cool the sun seems to burn my skin like never before. I think the sun is in some kind of excited state. In winter even when the temperatures are below freezing as soon as the sun comes out everything starts melting.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: elysiumfire
Then if it is CO2 why are they not saying to PLANT MORE TREES!!! Trees scrub the planets air. When I took anatomy and saw lungs that were injected with a wax substance the bronchi and bronchioles looked just like a tree in winter. Hmmm. We take in O2 and give off CO2. Trees take in CO2 and give off O2. Sounds like a solution to me. It is just that AL THE FRAUD GORE can't make a bunch of money off that.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: elysiumfire
fleabit:

NOAA - but NASA, WMO, Met Office and other agencies agree, both with record heat, record 2017 heat, and the trend of climbing temperatures. You don't need a link.. just do a bit of google searching, it's all over the place. It's just that people who want to believe that it's just a normal global climate change (coinciding perfectly with the industrial revolution), can't be bothered to research anything regarding climate change. They've already made up their minds it's some kind of cash grab, and that all the scientists, agencies and studies are fake, "in on it" or they don't know what they are talking about.

Because obviously, the brilliant meteorologists here on ATS would know so much better.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91
So global warming isn't a thing ? Here in Cali we are breaking just about every record by 10 degrees.

FAKE NEWS! Please name one area in California that broke a previous record by 10 degrees!? It didn't happen.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 09:40 PM
link   

It's like trying to convince anyone that their religion is wrong. That's why people still believe in agw, all the evidence to the contrary not withstanding.

You see typically when a scientist's predictions fail time and time again, their theories are dismissed as bunk, but not agw scientists. That's for one simple reason, they are religious adherents, not scientists.

Jaden

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

They can't allow logic and actual thought to interfere in their religion.

You try to point out that they can't get to their conclusions without a completely contrived fudging of the raw data with their manipulated models that seem to change every few years when results don't match up with their expectations.

They don't want to hear it. You ask them what the raw data is and they leap to the appeal to authority fallacy staying that you have to take it on faith that their manipulated final numbers are accurate even though every predictions those models have ever made have been glaringly wrong.

Jaden

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Masterjaden

It's like trying to convince anyone that their religion is wrong. That's why people still believe in agw, all the evidence to the contrary not withstanding.

You see typically when a scientist's predictions fail time and time again, their theories are dismissed as bunk, but not agw scientists. That's for one simple reason, they are religious adherents, not scientists.

Jaden

It's pretty simple:
1) Greenhouse gases alter the distribution of energy (aka heat) in the atmosphere.
2) Carbon dioxide is a greenhouse gas.
3) Humans are emitting a tremendous amount of carbon dioxide.
4) Ergo, humans are altering the distribution of energy in the atmosphere (aka AGW).

What's the evidence to the contrary?
edit on 22Sun, 08 Jul 2018 22:13:18 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago7 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Gargoyle91

The problem is probably not human caused. The planets axial tilt has drifted some and I am clueless how the average person has not noticed the change in sunset location.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ServiusTull

I don't think it really has... the Sun will rise and set exactly East/West on the Spring and Fall equinoxes; that would be the 22nd of September, just as it did on the 20th of March. Beyond that, it differs depending on where you are.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join