It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tax the rich (Your 401k) at 50% to give $500-a-month free cash and fix income inequality

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: face23785

All that zeal and energy and yet off you go.

Since I did that one 11 years ago the number is much higher now. Not to mention many I missed when I whipped it up that evening.

But do go on patting yourself on the back for being a blind pro military imperialism "patriot".

Off you go, not reading the link I just sent you.

You're also making some incorrect assumptions about my support of US "imperialism". I'm on record on these forums saying I'd love to see us shrink our international footprint.

Did you not learn anything from our discussion on the military budget? After 3 pages of denial, you realized you'd been had. Please, just read what I sent you this time. You've been had again on the Iraq War deaths. I dunno about the rest of them, but if these patterns are any indication you've been tricked on a great many of the other subjects as well.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   

I'm already well aware of the matter.

I'm more concerned with the reality that it could be 10 million per decade and it wouldnt deter the Neocon's / Neolib's / "Patriots" hardly an inch on the matter; that the liberals proved themselves never to truly care about the AntiWar Movement that they spearheaded, instead it was only partisan theater; that not far off from a trillion per year is spent on such imperialism apparatus when we cant afford it but and yet still "we" push on with the BS; etc.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   

I'm already well aware of the matter.

I'm more concerned with the reality that it could be 10 million per decade and it wouldnt deter the Neocon's / Neolib's / "Patriots" hardly an inch on the matter; that the liberals proved themselves never to truly care about the AntiWar Movement that they spearheaded, instead it was only partisan theater; that not far off from a trillion per year is spent on such imperialism apparatus when we cant afford it but and yet still "we" push on with the BS; etc.

You're well aware you're pushing a false narrative?

C'mon man, you're better than this.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

How about stop paying towards a trillion per year to the war machine and use that money to fix stuff?

Because "providing for the common defense" is in the US Constitution. However, the trillion dollars a year spend on welfare is not.

Man thats harsh, happy to spend money$$ on destruction not on helping fellow Americans who may have fallen on hard times

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown

originally posted by: schuyler

How about stop paying towards a trillion per year to the war machine and use that money to fix stuff?

Because "providing for the common defense" is in the US Constitution. However, the trillion dollars a year spend on welfare is not.

Man thats harsh, happy to spend money$$ on destruction not on helping fellow Americans who may have fallen on hard times

The military isn't just about death and destruction. We do help people around the world, and indeed Americans too. US military deploys to almost every major US natural disaster to help with relief and rescue efforts. There are a great many misconceptions about the military, what they do, and how much of their budget is spent on wars.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   

The balls on you.

You just said 'truth in the middle of a range'...

The best data I had at the time, a moderate number as the milllion+ number was already commonplace, I went with 600,000, which makes sense as even in hindsight of all estimates the range is 110,000-1,200,00.

Now factor in the work on that page only account for 2003-2010, when US meddling there also accounts for 2010-Current, as "we" got the snowball rolling right on from red snow to yellow snow back into red snow again with ISIS, and then that pesky issue of the CIA triggering the Arab Spring, the Syrian Uprising (which included sending both ISIS & Al Qaeda in as mercs). Etc.

And for what, exactly? Bloodlust & ego tripping rationalized as it was all for oil.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   

The balls on you.

You just said 'truth in the middle of a range'...

The best data I had at the time, a moderate number as the milllion+ number was already commonplace, I went with 600,000, which makes sense as even in hindsight of all estimates the range is 110,000-1,200,00.

Now factor in the work on that page only account for 2003-2010, when US meddling there also accounts for 2010-Current, as "we" got the snowball rolling right on from red snow to yellow snow back into red snow again with ISIS, and then that pesky issue of the CIA triggering the Arab Spring, the Syrian Uprising (which included sending both ISIS & Al Qaeda in as mercs). Etc.

And for what, exactly? Bloodlust & ego tripping rationalized as it was all for oil.

Nobody takes the million + number seriously. Even today that's absurdly high. And how long do we get credit for every death there? 10, 20, 50 years? Are we still responsible for people dying in Japan? After all, we completely changed their country and their system of governance, so if we want to play this game literally everything that happens there today is our "fault", sort of.

Again, you already got played once by these anti-military fanatics. If you expect me to "prove" that only a certain number of people died, I'm just gonna roll my eyes. How does either of us know which estimate is accurate with any certainty? I only know anti-military propagandists are famous for overblowing these type of estimates and even the 600K estimate has been debunked. I already sent you info about that, that you likely didn't read.

"it was all for oil" lol yikes, if you actually believe that, I can't help you. If we wanted an excuse to invade someone for oil, 16 Saudis killed 3000 Americans in September 2001, and Saudi Arabia has almost twice as much oil as Iraq. And it's not like the US got some sweetheart deals out of Iraq's oil industry after the war. We didn't make out any better than anyone else. The whole narrative falls apart when you look at what we supposedly got out of it. We could've got a better deal by paying Saddam off.

You've been sold on an awful lot of false narratives about the military bud.
edit on 7 7 18 by face23785 because: I said 17 Saudis, it was actually 16

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   

If you're goal is to be disrespectful, in every post talking to me like I'm some mindless minion of -ANYBODY- is the way to do it. Enough with the proverbial They already. Especially when the ominous They the rulers that have twisted our Land of the Free into the machinations of war and destruction is the actual topic we've arrived at.

We blew the place up. Al Qaeda our covert merc squad came in and blew it up some more (before we left, and much more after). From Al Qaeda came ISIS. Both ISIS and Al Qaeda sent in as mercs to blow up Syria for the CIA. ALL the blood that flows from that is on US. Japan, I guess their weird suicide rate is what you're trying to compare here in now? LOL

Dream on slush puppy we're still there blowing up the region. Al Qaeda still doing it for us too. You wanna talk about Saudi Arabia; 9/11...
You really ought to see this, unless that is, you're afraid to read, you're afraid to learn:
www.darkestpatterns.com...

And enjoy the thread I just posted a little while ago.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

My goal was to inform, but it's become increasingly clear you're not interested in being informed on this topic. It took 3 pages of denial for you to acknowledge you'd been lied to about the military budget, which was straight up numbers. I would think that'd make you wonder what else you've been lied to about within this realm of topics, but if it took that much to get you to acknowledge numbers, I have no faith I could get you to see the truth about more abstract claims. Your constant whatabouting is not a path toward a serious discussion either. "Here, look at this giant page of conspiracy theories, 98% of which have nothing to do with what we're talking about here!"

I may enjoy your new thread, I'll check it out. I enjoy some of your posts, you're just wrong on some of this military stuff.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Thats all mainstream history / news.

And without it you can hardly even begin to conceive of what the war machine, the wars, since WW2 are all about.

But rock on in ignorance yo!

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Thats all mainstream history / news.

And without it you can hardly even begin to conceive of what the war machine, the wars, since WW2 are all about.

But rock on in ignorance yo

Conspiracy theories are always history/news, just pieced together and interpreted in an unorthodox way to try to "prove" something that usually just doesn't hold water when given the slightest bit of scrutiny, like what just happened to your "Iraq was about oil" theory.

Pretty much all your posts have been "yeah but..." acknowledgements that your points were weak, followed by shifting to a new topic. You've been bouncing all over the place, in the general realm that "war sucks" and "US imperialism sucks" but without any real specifics that haven't been shot down. I'll leave you to post some new, unfounded theory in response to this. I can be happy I at least taught you something about the military budget not being as crazy as you thought it was. Too bad you didn't use that experience to question some of your other perceptions and whether they may not be as solid as you thought they were.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

My social security came from my paycheck and my employer contribution , not the government . There is no point in any further conversation , you are not getting one dime .

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

Wow that's the dumb post of the day!! Congratulations!!!

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 11:31 PM
link   

How about you crawl under a rock dude and we take your wealth and give it away .you co-founded one of the most sneaky companies on the planet why on God's green earth would anybody care to hear your ramblings?

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   
If there's one family in poverty and you tax at 1% to give them welfare, they'd live like multi-millionaires. But increase the number of families more and more, and even a 50% tax will not let them live above poverty.

You reduce the population, and you reduce poverty. Most service jobs are BS busywork. Soon within decades we will have the means to automate virtually all mining, manufacturing, farming, and transportation. We do not need 100s of millions of low skill workers. Providing them incentives to grow in number is absurd position that will only result in problems once the need for Unconditional Basic Income becomes necessary.

Unconditional Basic Income is only sustainable and possible with very secure borders, and nonexponentially growing population, preferably shrinking population to a smaller sustainable one. The smaller the population the higher UBI can be and the more each dollar would buy, would be worth, as there would be excess supply of the finite resources for everyone.

There are finite resources, more people less per person, less people more per person, it is not rocket science. Even middle class U.S lifestyle for all on earth is said to need 4 EARTHS WORTH of resources. Now how much do you think 1%er lifestyle would take? 10-20 EARTHs? No with improved technology probably 100s of millions or even a few billion eventually could easily do so.

At least or unless or until the hostile environment of space can be conquered.(Which if it is possible might require true nanotech)

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Oh, yeah, they're imperialists too.

Ha!! It's like when democrats and republicans were arguing to put more boots on the ground or just drone bomb them..

No side was anti-war.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   

new plan, tax politicians at 50% or more!

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Yes, taxing people on their retirements and their homes at a 50% rate will work. LOL that's gotta be the dumbest idea I've ever heard.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Xenogears

So basically you want a communist utopia. Complete with eugenics and a permanent underclass? Interesting.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   

what never seems to be addressed is personal accountability.
there is no situation where you can not work your way to a comfortable life. not everyone will be millionaires. i know i will never be one. but i can work, save, and through fiscal conservative planning have a nice life.

giving money to people is not a reasonable answer.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join