It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tax the rich (Your 401k) at 50% to give $500-a-month free cash and fix income inequality

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499

originally posted by: Greven

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Greven

How do you think they got rich?

Better money management, and smarter decision making.

The rich robbed from the poor first.

LIE.

By 'better money management' and 'smarter decision making' you mean 'ruthlessness' and 'luck.'

How do you think people make money? By taking some of the value of others' work.

Busting their ass. Doing without. Investing. Saving. Getting up and doing the job even when you don't feel like it. Getting a usable education. Working the dirty jobs to gain skills and experience.
Should I go on?

Myths. I know from experience. I'm pretty well off these days. Once upon a time I was poor.

You don't get wealthy from hard work, but from luck.
edit on 9Sat, 07 Jul 2018 09:00:04 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago7 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Hard work doesn't pay.

Social programs aka CORPORATE WELFARE doesn't pay either.

The entire rason d'etre of robbing from the rich so the poor can go out and BUY MORE STUFF.

Without a thought as to where all that ill gotten gain ends up.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   

LIE.

By 'better money management' and 'smarter decision making' you mean 'ruthlessness' and 'luck.'

How do you think people make money? By taking some of the value of others' work.

Busting their ass. Doing without. Investing. Saving. Getting up and doing the job even when you don't feel like it. Getting a usable education. Working the dirty jobs to gain skills and experience.
Should I go on?

Myths. I know from experience. I'm pretty well off these days. Once upon a time I was poor.

So who did you exploit to gain your wealth?

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Hard work doesn't pay.

Social programs aka CORPORATE WELFARE doesn't pay either.

The entire rason d'etre of robbing from the rich so the poor can go out and BUY MORE STUFF.

Without a thought as to where all that ill gotten gain ends up.

The rich are ruthless - taking your efforts and giving you scraps.

They steal from you first. How do you think they got rich?

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   

The rich are ruthless - taking your efforts and giving you scraps. They steal from you first. How do you think they got rich?

Small minded thinking.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   

LIE.

Should I go on?

So who did you exploit to gain your wealth?

I wouldn't say I'm wealthy yet, only well-off in comparison to most of this country.

Most families in the U.S. earn less than $50,000 a year. I earn significantly more, but I have some catching up to do from when I earned significantly less.

Connections, friends, neighbors, family helped... but a lot of it is luck.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   

The rich are ruthless - taking your efforts and giving you scraps. They steal from you first. How do you think they got rich?

Small minded thinking.

Reality is fairly straight-forward.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   

This is the reality.

Household assets over $100 trillion dollars.

Stop whining.

www.usdebtclock.org...

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

The best defense is a good offense.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I thought the best defense was to vote for jacksnips to rob from the rich and give the poor more free stuff.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   

This is the reality.

Household assets over $100 trillion dollars.

Stop whining.

www.usdebtclock.org...

Who's whining?

Sounds like projection, given that you are calling attempts by people to recapture some of the value of their labor 'theft.'

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73
a reply to: Lab4Us

It is wage control within their economy.

The total $ amount doesn't matter.

In the NBA Lebron James brings in far more revenue to the league than to the 12th man on the bench. The best players could easily demand a larger slice of the pie. But they agree to wage control as to benifit the entire league over the individual.

Even though the monies are less the same principles can work in any industry.

Really? Then back to the NFL. While some players will only make the minimum, this year or next some QBs will be awarded $200m contracts over 4-5 years...likely with half guaranteed. Wage control?

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: face23785

So only 20% of the federal budget goes to global industrialized mass murder.

Got it.

Your mischaracterizations of what our military does aside, yes, after 3 pages of you ignoring simple facts and math, you finally understand that military spending isn't over 50% of the budget. Success!

See, you can learn if you just open your mind for a few seconds.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   

LIE.

Should I go on?

This is how everyone I know who is well off got that way. None of them just found their money on the side of the road.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   

And what do they do that inst hegemonic global imperialism, the doesnt slaughter a million people per decade?

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   

And what do they do that inst hegemonic global imperialism, the doesnt slaughter a million people per decade?

For one, we do a ton of humanitarian work.

That bogus number of deaths caused by our military is another topic entirely.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   
...just another sign of the current insane world.
There are actually people who think that they have a "right" to take a share of the money of others.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

Oh you mean this one:
America's death toll on the world: 27,000,000++

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

Oh you mean this one:
America's death toll on the world: 27,000,000++

Yeah I'm not gonna bother debunking all of those. Some are probably true, but I just don't have the time to spend 3 pages on each one that's false before you'll accept you got bamboozled. I'll just do Iraq.

The Iraq War death toll is far from a settled debate, and the number you posted in that thread is almost certainly overblown.

Hint: when there's a range of estimates on any topic like this, you're almost always doing yourself a disservice by choosing one near either end of the spectrum to believe. The high and low estimates are normally propaganda, the truth is usually somewhere near the median.

Keep in mind, you've already seen over the last few pages that the anti-military crowd will mislead you with stuff like that pie chart you posted that only shows 1/3rd of the federal budget but leaves you with the false impression that military spending takes up over 50% of our money. The same people who lied to you about that are generating these US military-caused deaths "studies". Food for thought.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   

All that zeal and energy and yet off you go.

Since I did that one 11 years ago the number is much higher now. Not to mention many I missed when I whipped it up that evening.

But do go on patting yourself on the back for being a blind pro military imperialism "patriot".

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join