It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tax the rich (Your 401k) at 50% to give $500-a-month free cash and fix income inequality

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruthJava

originally posted by: Vector99
a reply to: Isurrender73

A doctor's starting salary is around $250-300k.

Per week.

Doctors make scary money. I recently had some minor surgery, outpatient, didn't even have to stay in the hospital overnight. Just for the doctor's time, 2 and a half hours in the OR, $18,000. That's just for his time and expertise. That's not counting paying all the other nurses, staff, anesthesiologist, the OR cost, etc etc, that's literally just for the doctor to do his thing, nothing else included. The entire procedure with all that other stuff rolled in cost around $60K.

And yeah I realize all of this stuff costs a fortune to operate and medical school is real expensive and everything, but there's gotta be a way we can reduce these costs somewhat. Then maybe we can talk about how to afford medical coverage for everyone and have it be a sane discussion.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

a reply to: face23785

How is veterans benefits "discretionary" spending?

How it gets determined what's "Mandatory" Spending and what's "Discretionary" Spending is over my head, but VA is indeed Discretionary spending:

Source

Some other veterans benefits do come out of the Mandatory Spending pot. It's complicated, like everything the government does and like anything regarding money. Regardless, Discretionary Spending is not the entire budget, so that pie chart that shows DoD gets 50%+ of the Discretionary budget that leads people to think the military gets over half the federal budget is misleading.

Again, if you would READ all the material I linked on the last few pages it explains all of this. The US federal budget is over 4 trillion dollars a year. The military budget is not over 50% of that, it's less than 20% of it, even with the VA budget included. This is not hard to understand, and I know you're smart enough to understand this if you'd just turn off your "# military spending!" shield and think about the information I've presented to you.

Why are you so adamantly opposed to reading anything I sent you? Do I literally have to post entire Wikipedia articles here? Can you not open links or something? Is this the only web domain you can access? This is getting absurd.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 01:10 AM
link   
$500...lol.

Commoners...

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

A quote from someone who doesn't work and no idea how much people that work make,bet your a liberal lol,anyone else would have thought twice

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 02:59 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

So only 20% of the federal budget goes to global industrialized mass murder.

Got it.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

I thought that was the smart thing to do? Isn't it?

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Once the robots take our jobs we tax the robots to pay for the rest of us to improve.
Until they realise they are our slaves that is.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
Once the robots take our jobs we tax the robots to pay for the rest of us to improve.
Until they realise they are our slaves that is.

If you work in manufacturing and are afraid of robots taking over your position...go back to school and learn about maintenance (electromechanical technology is a 2 year program - with credits that transfer if you want to get into electrical engineering.) It's not hard if you put effort into it and the pay is about 35-50k a year right out of school in a lot of areas...

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: infolurker

No.

Just no.

Stop taking my money, stop these crazy plans to justify the theft of my money.

Go away.

(Not you, OP)

Just go away you progressive communist sh#tbag.

You're not rich.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Greven

Does it matter?

This is class warfare. Hating successful people is what it is all about.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Rob from the rich and give to the poor.

So they can go buy more stuff!

Give it up for corporate welfare!

The rich robbed from the poor first.

How do you think they got rich?

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Does it matter?

"Successful?"

A fictional construct that is created and destroyed every second, represented by pieces of paper, is what you define as success?

Maybe that's the problem.

Class warfare began long ago, and the rich are winning.
edit on 8Sat, 07 Jul 2018 08:48:57 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago7 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73
Professional sports doesn't work? The athletes and owners have agreed to wage controls that are based on a percentage of revenue. They have minimum and maximum wages for their employees and the owners are never aloud to take a bigger piece of the pie than what the players deem fair for their risks.

Communism doesn't work. But judging by the overall success of professional sports it would apear wage controls are just fine.

The ignorance is strong here.

The only reason the professional sports model works is because they are monopolies. There is no competition. They are the only "game" in town. If any other industry tried to operate the same way they would be shut down for violating the Sherman Anti- trust Act. Pro sports has an exemption from it.

Why don't you go away and don't come back until you have learned how the real world works.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Better money management, and smarter decision making.

LIE.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   

LIE.

By 'better money management' and 'smarter decision making' you mean 'ruthlessness' and 'luck.'

How do you think people make money? By taking some of the value of others' work.
edit on 8Sat, 07 Jul 2018 08:51:49 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago7 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greven

Does it matter?

"Successful?"

A fictional construct that is created and destroyed every second, represented by pieces of paper, is what you define as success?

And I'm guessing you would define success by how much you can steal from someone else.

Want more? Work harder. Endorsing theft is weak, lazy and rather stupid.

"Life is hard. It's even harder when you're stupid."
-John Wayne

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Does it matter?

"Successful?"

And I'm guessing you would define success by how much you can steal from someone else.

Want more? Work harder. Endorsing theft is weak, lazy and rather stupid.

"Life is hard. It's even harder when you're stupid."
-John Wayne

Bad guess. That's exactly what you are doing, though.

Some of the hardest-working people I knew worked retail. It's not theft if the poor are getting back what belongs to them.

How hard is President Golfer working for his money?
edit on 8Sat, 07 Jul 2018 08:55:36 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago7 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   

You can spout your Marxist bullcrap all day long. It will never justify taking more from people who have more to people who just want more of what other people have.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   

LIE.

By 'better money management' and 'smarter decision making' you mean 'ruthlessness' and 'luck.'

How do you think people make money? By taking some of the value of others' work.

Busting their ass. Doing without. Investing. Saving. Getting up and doing the job even when you don't feel like it. Getting a usable education. Working the dirty jobs to gain skills and experience.
Should I go on?

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   

You can spout your Marxist bullcrap all day long. It will never justify taking more from people who have more to people who just want more of what other people have.

Your Stockholm syndrome is blinding you to reality.

I worked a hell of a lot harder at low-wage jobs than I have with jobs where I've earned 7 times as much. I might have earned twice as much by the end of my life working such low-wage jobs, working very hard to attain such a position.

Hard work doesn't pay.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join