It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Democratic / Liberal narrative perfectly summed up in 1 article, on point

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I found an article that is describes in detail the actual Democratic platform in a way that's almost perfect. Like it was written just for you. it's just so sad that so many are so easily manipulate, it's like everyone has their lantern turned off.

Time.com

Our minds are most comfortable with the simplicity of what’s called dichotomous thinking, in which it’s easy to pick one brand or political party over another because the choice is presented as uncomplicated and clear. You know the messages—buy this brand and your troubles will disappear, a vote for some politician will spell certain doom for the country, and so on. By distorting the complexities of a situation into an either/or equation, the choice feels simpler and easier. Labeling, overgeneralizing, and meaningless platitudes are common techniques to achieve this type of distortion.

Wow. This writer is my hero.

Great marketers are great storytellers. They create narratives around products that we can grasp quickly at a simple, emotional level. A slippery few use stories that stretch or aren’t remotely representative of their product’s benefits in order to mislead and manipulate.

Yes.

Politicians do the same thing when they single out one family or person to manipulate us into using emotional, rather than logical, reasoning. The suggestion is that the anecdote is representative of the world. By playing to our emotions in this way, a master manipulator can trick us into believing that our feelings represent a larger truth, without a rational or factual foundation.

YES...

Another way marketers and politicians use emotionalization is by stroking our egos. We have a primal and fundamental need to feel significant in this world, and yet we increasingly feel invisible and unimportant.

OH EM GEE!!

Associations and symbolism are even more powerful because we increasingly rely on visual images alone to develop perceptions about products and politicians.

Is Trump literally Hitler or is that EXACTLY what I'm reading being done to easily manipulate people?

I mean come on. I don't even need to explain more. Eat up your propaganda.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

The article was just pointing out how marketing and politicians can manipulate the masses by actually targeting the individual. Without that person knowing they are being played and carefully tossed around to make them feel good about themselves, give them a little hope here, a little good night sleep there, add in some flashy signs and such, etc, etc.

This is not just for people who associate or identify as a liberal of democrat this is for EVERYONE.
edit on 6-7-2018 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Looks like a lotta reading.

Hitler's bad and I hate Trump so can't you just leave me alone and let me call Trump a Hitler Nazi Fascist?

It works and I'm comfortable and my friends all agree. Don't try to reinvent the wheel toysforadults!

....../sarc

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: AgarthaSeed

Hitler's bad and I hate Trump so can't you just leave me alone and let me call Trump a Hitler Nazi Fascist?

It works and I'm comfortable and my friends all agree. Don't try to reinvent the wheel toysforadults!

....../sarc

^^^^^^

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Add simple, catchy slogans to that manipulative technique:

Hope and Change
Yes We Can
I’m with Her

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: six67seven

Add simple, catchy slogans to that manipulative technique:

Hope and Change
Yes We Can
I’m with Her

Make America Great Again
America's Comeback Team
A Future to Believe In
Let America Be America Again
It's the Economy, Stupid
I Like Ike

All presidential slogans are simply advertising ditties designed to be catchy and make people feel associated with the campaign, regardless of party.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   
The Democratic / Liberal narrative perfectly summed up?

A steaming pile of bull #.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Next presidential campaign a certain someone should run on

“Time for a covfefe refill”

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   

it's just so sad that so many are so easily manipulate

You mean like all religious people and Trump supporters?

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

Well, I guess you sure showed us, bless your heart. Let us know when you done flexing and we can safely return to the topic.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

The article was just pointing out how marketing and politicians can manipulate the masses by actually targeting the individual. Without that person knowing they are being played and carefully tossed around to make them feel good about themselves, give them a little hope here, a little good night sleep there, add in some flashy signs and such, etc, etc.

This is not just for people who associate or identify as a liberal of democrat this is for EVERYONE.

The targeting of individuals is the exact reason Cambridge Analytica was working with Trump. Micro targeting or whatever buzz word they were using was this exact plan, but they didnt just do things to make people feel good. They worked to get certain groups outraged to either get them to vote or not vote depending on the message they pushed.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Ok, even if you are 100% right, you guys have to be getting chafed by now...

Sometimes a break is just necessary.

Or does ATS provide lube? I never asked.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link   
OP...you can always tell when you’re on point, or very close, by how fast the left starts discrediting your OP with zero facts to counter debate what you’ve posted.

Well done!

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   

CNN has been showing moving, tear-jerking videos of law-breaking illegal alien parents being reunited with the children they were separated from this week.

CNN is attempting to be sinister in its messaging, but the results will be good, since CNN is shown in all Central America countries.

The "Message" They're Seeing: Do NOT try to sneak into America! Do it the right way, or you could be separated from little Esmerelda for a few weeks, or months.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lab4Us
OP...you can always tell when you’re on point, or very close, by how fast the left starts discrediting your OP with zero facts to counter debate what you’ve posted.

Well done!

I know I actually laugh a little every time. Thanks.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

CNN has been showing moving, tear-jerking videos of law-breaking illegal alien parents being reunited with the children they were separated from this week.

CNN is attempting to be sinister in its messaging, but the results will be good, since CNN is shown in all Central America countries.

The "Message" They're Seeing: Do NOT try to sneak into America! Do it the right way, or you could be separated from little Esmerelda for a few weeks, or months.

I witnessed one of those videos with my eyes rolling.

thehill.com...

luckily no one watches that trash anymore

edit on 6-7-2018 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Thankfully, Mexico and Central America watch CNN. Those videos should be great deterrents to families who are considering coming to America illegally.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: AgarthaSeed

....../sarc

That is worth digging thru the sarcasm to ponder. Thanks for painting the image so well!

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Says the fool with the Obama avitar...
*Sheesh*

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 09:55 PM
link   

People that are easy to manipulate are those, on the Left, that somehow believe that a man can be a woman, despite genetic evidence to the contrary in every single cell of that person's body.

top topics

join