It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Left Should Blame Obama For Trump Supreme Court Majority

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 03:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

What is astonishing to me is that you are so locked in that you will never consider that maybe just maybe the Mainstream Democratic party is part of the problem.

(please note I also consider the Mainstream Republican party the other big part of the problem)

Some folks have made the decision to stop voting for the lesser of two evils and instead vote for people they believe in, who the Frak are you to tell them they are fools for the way they vote.

Its attitudes like yours that will keep the left fractured, allowing your worst fears to come true.

I do not want 1 party rule, be it democrat or republican only the average people get screwed when that happens.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Spare me your weak attempt to disassociate the actions of McConnell and Senate Republicans during Obama's terms from today's situation. If McConnell hadn't stolen that SCOTUS seat then we'd be looking at a 5-4 blue majority SCOTUS about to turn 5-4 red again, the filibuster would still be an option (and on top of that Democrats wouldn't be as likely to use it either), and there wouldn't be any controversy surrounding this until Ginsberg decided to retire. This would be a COMPLETELY different debate and you know it. So again spare me.

How about you spare yourself.

Remember, Roberts voted to uphold the unconstitutional Obamacare mandate. With the appointment of Garland you'd have a liberal SCOTUS. You're just butthurt that didn't happen. And so you cry about stolen seats.

See, no matter how you play it out in your head, you're just gonna be butthurt because Trump may get 3 SC picks in his first term. You'd still be butthurt over just 2 picks had Garland been appointed anyway.
edit on 7-7-2018 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

I’m an issues person and not a party person.

I’m a registered independent.

I judge politicians 100 percent on issues.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Illinois Senator (and one of Obama's mentors) DICK DURBIN, suggests that Democrats should stop Trump's pick to replace justice Kennedy, even if it costs them Senate Seats in November.

Just one day before President Trump is set to announce his pick to replace retiring Supreme Court Associate Justice Anthony Kennedy in a primetime address from the White House, a top Democratic senator suggested that stopping the nominee is more important than the upcoming midterm elections.

Sen. Dick Durbin, D-Ill., acknowledged that so-called red-state Democrats may be tempted to vote for Trump's selection out of political necessity, but urged his colleagues Sunday to consider more than their political careers.

"Beyond the procedure, beyond the gamesmanship, it is a life-and-death important decision to be made by this court on so many issues," the Senate minority whip said on NBC's "Meet the Press."
www.foxnews.com...

<< 2  3  4   >>

join