It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Left Should Blame Obama For Trump Supreme Court Majority

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
So again spare me.

(Checks mud pit, confirms.)

Seriously, spare us. Your TDS is tiresome.

Way to water down your partisan insults. I didn't even mention Trump. If being bitter about Republican partisan trickery during the Obama years == TDS then you guys have ruined the gravity of that insult. Thanks for lowering the attack value of it to the same as calling me a "libtard" or some other dumb, overused slur that we liberals like to use ironically to poke fun at you guys.

The Senate had every right to do what it did, in fact the Democrats came up with the idea first. So spare us the butt hurt. It has passed the "Old" stage and entered "Manic"

Oh yes, it ALWAYS has to circle around back to the Democrats' fault. Republicans are Saints and never do anything nefarious or self-serving. And if they do its because the Democrats made them do it. LOL

BTW, just because the Senate and McConnell was allowed to hold up the nomination doesn't make it the correct or ethical move to do.
edit on 6-7-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Steal implies an illegal action, can you explain to ATS, what illegal action McConnel took?

I personally wonder why didn’t she retire herself?? She thinks only she can do her job???

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I blame people who worship this spooky idea that we need a Supreme court in the first place

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Obama was either COMPLETELY clueless...or was so confident that loser Hillary would be the next POTUS, that he didn't ask Ginsburg to gracefully retire during his term, so as to be able to nominate a nice, young, leftist, replacement for her chair.....Folks, you know I'm right.

No, you're not. Ginsburg could easily have told Obama to go pound sand. She's not stupid. Obama has a right to his opinion, but a President's powers do not include dictating to SCOTUS members when they ought to retire.

Ginsburg barely knows what year it is.

You wouldn't want to get into an argument with her. She'd tie you up in a neat little bow within a few seconds.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson

Steal implies an illegal action, can you explain to ATS, what illegal action McConnel took?

I personally wonder why didn’t she retire herself?? She thinks only she can do her job???

She would have retired if Hill-bag The Horrible had ascended to The Iron Throne.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Maybe Obama had the sense not to badger an 80-year-old woman to retire and then let the GOP cheat again like they did with his other nomination

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   

So again spare me.

(Checks mud pit, confirms.)

Seriously, spare us. Your TDS is tiresome.

Way to water down your partisan insults. I didn't even mention Trump. If being bitter about Republican partisan trickery == TDS then you guys have ruined the gravity of that insult. Thanks for lowering the attack value of it to the same as calling me a "libtard" or some other dumb, overused slur that we liberals like to use ironically to poke fun at you guys.

The Senate had every right to do what it did, in fact the Democrats came up with the idea first. So spare us the butt hurt. It has passed the "Old" stage and entered "Manic"

Oh yes, it ALWAYS has to circle around back to the Democrats' fault. Republicans are Saints and never do anything nefarious or self-serving. And if they do its because the Democrats made them do it. LOL

BTW, just because the Senate and McConnell was allowed to hold up the nomination doesn't make it the correct or ethical move to do.

So we are to deduce you have zero anger with Trump as POTUS and making nominations, right.

And yes, the Democrats are to blame and it circles back to them. The Senate's choice was correct to delay. How was waiting for the Presidential election and choice of the People not ethical? Again, spare us.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

This is actually evidence that Mueller and by extension, Obama, have nothing on Trump.

If they did, they'd have leaked it or released it to avoid having Trump determine who will be on the Court.

That is bullsnip. Mueller is very good at his job and is sitting on a lot of evidence to help “drain the swamp”. I do not think he has crap on Trump but I do believe he has crap on the people that surround him. Trump is smart to not be in the know. His way of conducting business is very unique and for me hard to understand.

If the investigation ever comes to an end and it supports the “lefts” than it will be dismissed just the same if that was the opposite. So the best thing to do is assume this is just flak. Nothing more nothing less.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   

So we are to deduce you have zero anger with Trump as POTUS and making nominations, right.

Trump picking judges is his job as President. I may not like or agree with is choices, but that's his job and I'm not bitter about him doing it. No. Though I find it HILARIOUS that you are whatbouting Trump right now. Like I'm literally laughing out loud at you for even bringing this dumb point up.

And yes, the Democrats are to blame and it circles back to them. The Senate's choice was correct to delay. How was waiting for the Presidential election and choice of the People not ethical? Again, spare us.

Correct choice? How so? That partisan trick had never been done before and McConnell just made that precedent up on the spot. There is no place written in the Constitution where it says that SCOTUS decisions during an election year have to be determined by that election's results. Hell, such reasoning is underminding the current President's authority since we elect a President for a 4 year term. We don't elect them for 3 years and then let them do nothing for 1 year while we put off Presidential decisions until the next President assumes office.

I know you agree with this now because it worked out for you, but it was NEVER the correct choice to make and was ALWAYS a self-serving partisan trick.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

I disagree.

If there was any evidence of wrong-doing on the part of Trump then that information would have been released or leaked before he lowered taxes, ended the Obamacare mandate, appointed judges.

He has basically shredded Obama's legacy. If Obama had an ounce of damning evidence, it'd been out by now.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   

I blame McConnell first, second and third for stealing the initial SCOTUS nomination. Then fourth I blame McConnell again for holding up all of Obama's lower court picks forcing the Democrats to implement the nuclear option so that Obama could nominate judges in the first place. Finally, all the way down at fifth I blame Democrats filibustering Gorsuch and playing their hand too early.

At no point does any of the nonsense you just typed in your OP factor into any of my blame though.

Blame Obama for McConnell.

He and Zi Democrati Parti failed to convince enough voters to keep the Senate in the skilled hands of Zi Democrati.

link   
I do blame the super, Bernie Sanders type leftists for this not Obama.

All the gains by the left can now be wiped out all because they wanted
the drama of their left-wing dogma and its lost the SCOTUS now for decades and without a doubt abortion rights will be wiped out in many states.

The Democrats have been stupid by going to the extreme and not getting out for Hillary and going for the Bernie Sanders snake oil.

I say to the Democratic progressives who weren’t enthusiastic for Hillary

IT’S THE SUPREME COURT STUPID

that you've LOST!

link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Allaroundyou

I disagree.

If there was any evidence of wrong-doing on the part of Trump then that information would have been released or leaked before he lowered taxes, ended the Obamacare mandate, appointed judges.

He has basically shredded Obama's legacy. If Obama had an ounce of damning evidence, it'd been out by now.

I disagree.

Obama is sitting on PLENTY of damning evidence of Russian collusion.

Unfortunately, it all concerns Hillary and himself.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

An executive order wouldn’t have quite cut it, so no, there’s nothing he could have done.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: NthOther

An executive order wouldn’t have quite cut it, so no, there’s nothing he could have done.

Not to mention, Obama writing EO's was like kryptonite to Conservatives. God forbid he tried to solve any governmental gridlock or partisan tomfoolery with a pen. But now these SAME Conservatives who bitched about Obama's use of the pen are deriding him for not using that very pen to fix McConnell's #ty trick...
edit on 6-7-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   

What's the string cheese incident?

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

But there is one problem with your theory. Obama is not the POTUS anymore. He has zero say in this matter. The investigation is about Russian interference. It is not about Trump specifically. So take Obama and Trump out of the equation and now we are left with Mueller. Leaks don’t come that often from his team.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

It's a bluegrass and jam band.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Ah, thanks.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Which means Obama didn’t have control over it, which means he is not to blame.

Could have done it all during the point they had congress control back when they passed the crappy ACA, yes timing is everything here I agree. Just like Trump today...he has a short window too...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join