It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Left Should Blame Obama For Trump Supreme Court Majority

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Overwhelming odds are...Ruth Buzzy Ginsburg will be 'vacating' the SC very soon...and Trump will soon get the opportunity to nominate his THIRD SCOTUS seat...early into his first term.

Get angry at Trump if it makes you feel better (clearly it does)...but Obama is the short-sighted, idiot responsible for Trump being able to establish a Right-leaning SC for the next 30 years.

Obama was either COMPLETELY clueless...or was so confident that loser Hillary would be the next POTUS, that he didn't ask Ginsburg to gracefully retire during his term, so as to be able to nominate a nice, young, leftist, replacement for her chair.

Either way Leftists,...Barack Hussein Obama let down his party and his supporters in a major way.
Add that to his long list of other major failings.

The left can bitch and moan all it wants about Trump likely getting more SC picks than any POTUS in history...but Obama's shortsightedness, laziness, cluelessness (all of the above)...is REALLY to blame.
Folks, you know I'm right.

Bummed about the current Supreme Court makeup?
Blame CLUELESS Obama FIRST...LOSER Hillary SECOND...THEN have at Trump.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I blame McConnell first, second and third for stealing the initial SCOTUS nomination. Then fourth I blame McConnell again for holding up all of Obama's lower court picks forcing the Democrats to implement the nuclear option so that Obama could nominate judges in the first place. Finally, all the way down at fifth I blame Democrats filibustering Gorsuch and playing their hand too early.

At no point does any of the nonsense you just typed in your OP factor into any of my blame though.
edit on 6-7-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Eh, I think this is all by design by the higher puppet masters (I'm not talking about Soros. I think he's a puppet too). Obama, Trump and others are put into power as a way to destabilize the country.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Obama was either COMPLETELY clueless...or was so confident that loser Hillary would be the next POTUS, that he didn't ask Ginsburg to gracefully retire during his term, so as to be able to nominate a nice, young, leftist, replacement for her chair.....Folks, you know I'm right.

No, you're not. Ginsburg could easily have told Obama to go pound sand. She's not stupid. Obama has a right to his opinion, but a President's powers do not include dictating to SCOTUS members when they ought to retire.
edit on 7/6/2018 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Oh right, like the conservatives in Congress were going to let him do that. He had every right to replace Scalia, but they stopped him, remember?

Nope, this is all on conservatives and Trump, who is kissing conservative ass.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Of course not.

You'll happily blame anyone you need to, even knowing full well this cycle didn't begin with McConnell or an Obama presidency.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

They stopped him?

Lol. Your loser president was a lame duck and didn't have the balls to do anything about it.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   

They need term limits worse than the politicians.
Ruthy has been on life support for a decade.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
Oh right, like the conservatives in Congress were going to let him do that. He had every right to replace Scalia, but they stopped him, remember?

Obama (like every President) had every right to nominate a SCOTUS replacement. That does not mean the President gets to automatically replace the SCOTUS who retires or dies. The Senate has a say too.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Spare me your weak attempt to disassociate the actions of McConnell and Senate Republicans during Obama's terms from today's situation. If McConnell hadn't stolen that SCOTUS seat then we'd be looking at a 5-4 blue majority SCOTUS about to turn 5-4 red again, the filibuster would still be an option (and on top of that Democrats wouldn't be as likely to use it either), and there wouldn't be any controversy surrounding this until Ginsberg decided to retire. This would be a COMPLETELY different debate and you know it. So again spare me.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

Obama was either COMPLETELY clueless...or was so confident that loser Hillary would be the next POTUS, that he didn't ask Ginsburg to gracefully retire during his term, so as to be able to nominate a nice, young, leftist, replacement for her chair.....Folks, you know I'm right.

No, you're not. Ginsburg could easily have told Obama to go pound sand. She's not stupid. Obama has a right to his opinion, but a President's powers do not include dictating to SCOTUS members when they ought to retire.

Ginsburg barely knows what year it is.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   
the republicans can't wait until they control a woman's uterus...when are you women going to learn that men will tell you what to do with any part of your body, and if you don't like it tough!....you can spend some time in jail......

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Obama was either COMPLETELY clueless...or was so confident that loser Hillary would be the next POTUS, that he didn't ask Ginsburg to gracefully retire during his term, so as to be able to nominate a nice, young, leftist, replacement for her chair.

Man it was 100% that Hillary was going to be President, but ya...Ginsburg and others, like life long politicians, don't know when to timely step down. Now she is trying to live actively into her 90s to get around Trump...

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
So again spare me.

(Checks mud pit, confirms.)

Seriously, spare us. Your TDS is tiresome.

The Senate had every right to do what it did, in fact the Democrats came up with the idea first. So spare us the butt hurt. It has passed the "Old" stage and entered "Manic"

link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

Obama (like every President) had every right to nominate a SCOTUS replacement. That does not mean the President gets to automatically replace the SCOTUS who retires or dies. The Senate has a say too.

Which means Obama didn’t have control over it, which means he is not to blame.

link   

HAHAHA your pathetic attempt at placing Obamas failures on one side of the spectrum is cute. I shall grant you a fairy wand! Congrats as I have never given one out before.

Now go live in your little bubbles fairytale. I grant you passage

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

We'll never know because he's a pussy and never tried.

But that won't stop you being upset over things that never happened.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

Ginsburg barely knows what year it is.

That's not addressing your original point, is it? Let's try again: The President has NO RIGHT to DICTATE when a SCOTUS member retires. Do you understand that? Further, you are being completely superficial. Have you ever read what Ginsburg has written or listened to her discuss legal issues? You wouldn't want to get into an argument with her. She'd tie you up in a neat little bow within a few seconds.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   

This is actually evidence that Mueller and by extension, Obama, have nothing on Trump.

If they did, they'd have leaked it or released it to avoid having Trump determine who will be on the Court.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

Which means Obama didn’t have control over it, which means he is not to blame.

Depends on the blame we're talking about. I blame Obama for a lot, and the current state of the Senate/Congress can be sourced to Democrat overreach and Obama's 'pen and phone.'
edit on 6-7-2018 by Teikiatsu because: minor edits

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join