It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do Democrats oppose immigration control?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

There are 14 million of them. What are you going to do take away their children? That would be inhumane.

Immigrants are good for the economy. We should just make them citizens so we can collect all the missing payroll taxes from them. People are people. We are all Earthlings. People who are anti-immigrant are just full of hate and want to scapegoat immigrants for all their problems. Without scapegoating Trump would not be president.

edit on 6-7-2018 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

Actually the moderate Democrats do want to secure the border, which majority of American citizens want. The problem is the Democrat party has been hijacked by the open borders, pro illegal immigration and abolishimg ICE. That is their message ans self proclaimed future of the party.

The LIE, is that Trumps a racist who hates immigrants, ICE are Nazis who use concentation camps, his voters are white supremacists, etc.. and trash the country in the process. Do you actually think thats true?

To the OP, like any political party, they want votes which is completely expected and understandable. The problem is their strategy, which is to usher in as many (beginning under Obama) ILLEGAL migrants as possible, create a weak immigration system that would grant instant citizenship, AND same citizenship promise for chain migrants. A fast track to citizenship and then they have the generational voting block, like they have with African Americans.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Wow 14 million, that's more than some European nations!
I don't advocate snatching kids, Britain doesn't do that, we have family detention centres while they are processed, then kicked out if not genuine asylum seekers.
Thing is we don't need illegal immigration because we have legal immigration from Eastern Europe for people to do the crappy jobs Brits don't want to do.
A good quarter of my friends are now from Eastern Europe.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 06:32 AM
link   

So Democrats, why don't you want controls on the number of people who enter your country?

You need to pay attention to what Democrats actually say rather than believe what Republicans and the alt-right say they say. That is all.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: BlueAjah
Do illegal immigrants get the right to vote then? They don't in Britain, even legal EU nationals here didn't get the vote on our referendum to leave the EU, they'd have all voted remain lol

a reply to: network dude
Lol, d'ya reckon if Trump supported immigration the Dem's would change their tune?
Oh, and on that note, I am massively opposed to the ridiculous protests during Trump's visit to the UK. I am an activist through and through but find nothing to protest about him. It's shameful, leader of our closest ally should be welcomed.

Its completely true. At one point Trump was going to guve the DACA kids citizenship, but it was the Demicrata who squashed it bc they wanted to include chain migrants to be included. (See my above post).

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: mkultra11

Do illegal immigrants get the right to vote then? They don't in Britain, even legal EU nationals here didn't get the vote on our referendum to leave the EU, they'd have all voted remain lol

Lol, d'ya reckon if Trump supported immigration the Dem's would change their tune?
Oh, and on that note, I am massively opposed to the ridiculous protests during Trump's visit to the UK. I am an activist through and through but find nothing to protest about him. It's shameful, leader of our closest ally should be welcomed.

Its completely true. At one point Trump was going to guve the DACA kids citizenship, but it was the Demicrata who squashed it bc they wanted to include chain migrants to be included. (See my above post).

Trump never had any intention of giving DACA kids citizenship. He used that as bait for funding for his wall, knowing it would never fly.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 06:35 AM
link   

a reply to: M5xaz
So again, call me stupid but is it really true that illegal immigrants get the right to vote in the US???
Seems nuts to me, they don't get that right in the UK, heck the only rights they get here are detainment centres, healthcare, and 3 meals a day while being processed.

They don’t have the right to vote. But when sanctuary cities aren’t requiring an ID to vote, it doesn’t take a genius to realize they would take advantage of our system and vote in their own favor.
edit on 6-7-2018 by Middleoftheroad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 06:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

There are 14 million of them. What are you going to do take away their children? That would be inhumane.

Immigrants are good for the economy. We should just make them citizens so we can collect all the missing payroll taxes from them. People are people. We are all Earthlings. People who are anti-immigrant are just full of hate and want to scapegoat immigrants for all their problems. Without scapegoating Trump would not be president.

This is about ILLEGAL immigrants. If spmeone had been in the country 10, 20 years illegally and had a family, and never did a thing towards become a citizen, file papers, etc.. then why didnt they??

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

a reply to: M5xaz
So again, call me stupid but is it really true that illegal immigrants get the right to vote in the US???
Seems nuts to me, they don't get that right in the UK, heck the only rights they get here are detainment centres, healthcare, and 3 meals a day while being processed.

They don’t have the right to vote. But when sanctuary cities aren’t requiring an ID to vote, it doesn’t take a genius to realize they would take advantage of our system and vote in their own favor.

You have been misinformed. States require ID to register. It has nothing to do with "sanctuary cities."

link   

No. It's not true.
Nor is it true that democrats want open borders.
But it's easy rhetoric to squawk and if you say something often enough some people will start to believe it.

link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

This is about ILLEGAL immigrants. If spmeone had been in the country 10, 20 years illegally and had a family, and never did a thing towards become a citizen, file papers, etc.. then why didnt they??

Because they could be deported?

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

Trump never had any intention of giving DACA kids citizenship. He used that as bait for funding for his wall, knowing it would never fly.

No really, he negotiated? The deomcrats killed it because they are not intersted in securing the border ot fixing immigration. They want to secure their votes and grant citizens to millions of illegal immigrants unser the guise if humanitarianism.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Thank you.

Obama was known for high levels of deportation. His administration most certainly made some mistakes but overall he was strong on border enforcement. “Dems are weak on border control “ is literally a Rep /right wing meme that is believed more like doctrine or dogma than as an accurate portrayal of fact.

Obama’s primary law enforcement objective was criminal aliens first, and he did not target asylum seekers the same as he would criminals (ie undocumented people who have committed a felony or serious crime in the US, which includes voting in a US election. If a non-citizen does this, they can be deported and denied citizenship, which is a pretty big stick.) He went after traffickers of drugs and humans first, prioritizing the resources of ICE in that direction.

Trump is targeting the limited resources of ICE globally, and is including asylum seekers at the border, who can cross the border legally to obtain a hearing as to the danger they face in their country of origin.

Ironically, there are now less resources to go after the traffickers because of the “all undocumented people are equally criminal” is causing the system to overload. There aren’t enough judges to determine if ICE picked up someone fairly or not. Meanwhile, the populations in those jails sure are swelling...

edit on 6-7-2018 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 06:41 AM
link   

I don't think democrats oppose immigration control, but the process in which it's implemented.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

No. It's not true.
Nor is it true that democrats want open borders.
But it's easy rhetoric to squawk and if you say something often enough some people will start to believe it.

It's why I started the thread to be honest, I'm keen to learn and could only offer my own knowledge of the system in the UK for comparison.
Interesting replies though, there seems to be a conflict of if illegal immigrants can vote or not?
They can't in Britain, heck, they can't even access the NHS unless it is an emergency and they are taken to hospital in an ambulance, say after a car crash or whatever.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Immigrants are good for the economy, people that filled out the paperwork and came in legally are very good for any nation.

The people the coyotes bring across are a giant fricking question mark, sometimes the are trafficking in people, sometimes they are hardened repeat criminals, sometimes they are just people that don't want to wait to do it legally.

We heard that exact same argument under regan… we gave amnesty they (congress) never fixed the border issues or the paperwork issues and now a couple decades later we have 14 million more.
So what exactly did that fix all those years ago?

And why should I believe this time it will be different?
edit on 6-7-2018 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 06:45 AM
link   

You're intentionally misrepresenting immigration with illegal immigration.

Immigration is fine, lots of people do it every day.

But when these people knowingly bypass the more than 300 official points of entry along the southern border and try to sneak across the desert, putting their children at risk of drug cartels, sex traffickers and the elements. We cannot allow that to continue.

And if their parents are willingly putting them through all that, then the kids are actually better off in our big day care centers for a while then they would be with these "parents" who are putting them in harm's way.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Does it ever occur to you that the reason these parents are putting these children into such conditions and dangers is because they are fleeing situations and countries that are SO SO SO much worse?

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Is Mexico classed as a safe nation?
Britain strictly follows a rule that if you have passed through a safe nation then you can't claim asylum here, you should have claimed it it the first safe nation you reached.
The EU hates that Britain enforces this but if we didn't we'd be over run because most people's second language is English, not German or Italian.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 07:07 AM
link   

You're intentionally misrepresenting immigration with illegal immigration.

No, that is what the Trump administration has been doing. He is conflating refugees, economic immigrants, and criminals in order to make all immigration look threatening.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join