It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do Democrats oppose immigration control?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Can you provide a documented example? Some states do not check citizenship when issuing driver's licenses because of public safety issues.

Yes, you're quite right. It is grossly negligent and extremely detrimental to public safety to allow illegal aliens a pathway to unlawfully cast a vote. You don't take a willful criminal and trust them at their word.

And if you choose to do so, we need a clear and verifiable way to ensure they aren't voting and an easy way to hold them accountable when they do.

Realistically, those entering the country without authorization (like the lengthy process immigrants must go through to be admitted and naturalized) should be returned to their actual country of residence. Allowing foreign nations to settle in your country and/or giving them *any* pathway to vote whatsoever is asking for a huge national security crisis. What is to stop an enemy nation (like Venezuela for instance) from importing masses of their citizens and meddling in internal US affairs?

You guys got all bent out of shape over a handful of Russian trolls doing that. Try to stay internally consistent, and get equally outraged over this foreign interference/meddling in domestic US-only affairs.

Fortunately for this country (and your political party), the majority of Democrats do not support open borders or illegal immigration. Illegal aliens should be repatriated to their actual country of residence. And a competitive system of merit based immigration is vastly needed to ensure the United States is getting only the best of the best, and only in accordance with our nation's strategic interests/needs.

edit on 7/8/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Because who would an immigrant vote for? Republican or democrat? Guarantees their side will always be in the White House.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   
My guess, is the influence in voting, and I'm sure there is illegals voting Democrat so it's a boost for the Democratic party, that's all they care about,is numbers.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

You guys got all bent out of shape over a handful of Russian trolls doing that.

So you admit that Russian trolls influenced the election? Thank you. Incidentally, please do not address me as "Democrat." I have no use for America's two broken parties. Gerrymandering has a much greater effect on elections than the negligible "illegal" vote. Still waiting on Trump's "Committee To Prove I Won The Popular Vote" to report.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Unlike you, Mr Corbyn has a plan to bring an end to these disastrous policies.

He is not intending to JUST walk about with a sign, although bless him, he knows how to do that too.

I find it ironic that the only man with a real plan to solve any of these humanitarian crises in an effective and morally acceptable fashion, has to take on hurdles made of the paradoxical distrust of persons like yourself. If you have been out protesting, then get behind the only man in British politics today who has been your side of a police cordon!

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Your bottomless cup is making me thirsty. And that's as far as i'm going with British Politics in this thread, today, and possibly the entirety of next month as well.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: PublicOpinion

I didn't say anything about closing the borders, that is equally ridiculous of course. I'm on about controlling the immigration, as I posted in my reply which you partially quoted.
Britain is the same as the US, we need immigration for people to do the crappy jobs Britons refuse to do. We have Eastern Europeans for that who come here legally, it's why Britain is strict kicking out illegal immigrants who have no valid claim to asylum.

Fair enough.

You think 'The Dems' don't do anything to support migration in order to tackle the demographics? The whole concept of integration is part of that effort, innit? Your approach is flawed when you concentrate on this borderline-syndrome of "reducing numbers" only.

Furthermore, even our krautish Dems (SPD) are running strong on the controlled migrations/ deportations Police State talking point hypocrisy. Pretty much nobody in the political landscape, except for some more radical folks like myself, support absolutely open borders.

Why don't you at least add me in the OP when this thread is supposed to be a real effort to catch the drift? I'm kinda late to the party now, sorry.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Yes, you're quite right. It is grossly negligent and extremely detrimental to public safety to allow illegal aliens a pathway to unlawfully cast a vote. You don't take a willful criminal and trust them at their word.

...said the indian chieftain after taking a loooong toke from his peace-pipe. I'm not saying you're right, but it's illegal alien descendants (you obviously didn't ascent much) I'm talking to here. You think I'll trust you blindly now? Sure. Not.

PRussian Troll obliges.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Haha sorry man!
It has been an interesting read in this thread though, I'm grateful for all the replies here.

I'm a bit odd though, I support the UK government catching and kicking out illegals but I'd never report one to the authorities if he's working and trying to scratch out a living here.
Fellow human n all.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   
geez....another thread title of bulls**t blaming liberals for something not true....just another repetitious hour on ATS.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   

We're fine. Thanks for the frank reply.

I just don't understand why you treat the freedom of movement so poorly, and I'll gladly take advantage of an oportunity like this thread to add perspective. It simply amazes me to see European Aliens go full blown illogical on a topic like migration.

So you support the gubmints law enforcement in the UK the same way like ... you support their war on drugs, for example? And why do you keep up your support for this criminalization of people when you are perfectly aware, that the birth rates simply demand immigration? Looks like another paradox to me, let's explore it!

Deportations waste millions and tend to destroy well integrated families, I'd rather spend that money on something else.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Good points but it's slightly different here, we don't need illegal immigration in the UK because we have European immigrants en masse. Over a million people from Poland alone.
We can't take illegals as well so tens of thousands are deported every year.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   

We can't take illegals as well so tens of thousands are deported every year.

Who said that, why is that so and where are the numbers? You can bail out stuff that is too big to fail, but you won't stand up to human rights due to a TINA austerity mindset or what?

I'm not saying it's aliens, but your screaming for a Brave New Old Deportation State is duly noted. All this red-tape stuff really worked out quite well to control immigration, didn't it? Well, let's ask one of those Polish truck drivers on the French side of the border then...
Short-term solutions only work so much, in the long run I'd say that all systems with such a heavy addiction to "the peoples share of the bill" (with regards to finances) are deemed to fail miserably.

Here's a thought: why don't we simply tackle wealth inequality and provide an UBI of € 1,5K for all adult world citizens (and half of that for kids)? Someone should crack the numbers and do the math, a global tax of 1% on derivate trades (or something along those lines) should do. A real UBI like that will simply put an end to economic migration for good, and stupid redundant stuff like demographics won't have an impact on our social systems anymore. We could do way better if we wanted to, whazzup fellow monkeys?

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Again interesting thoughts

The Polish drivers running the gauntlet in France is because those thousands of immigrants are refusing to claim asylum there or they'll lose the right to claim it here.

Britain and Ireland have the unique EU problem that most people in the world speak English as their second language so they want to come here.
Ireland thanks its lucky stars that the UK is their buffer zone.

<< 8  9  10   >>

join