It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DNA tests are in the works for separated migrant children and parents

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSensible

Yep, because DNA testing couldn't possibly be just the first step in determining parentage. Perhaps immigrants with adopted/step children should come prepared with documentation stating such. And while they're at it, they could actually cross legally instead of sneaking across like criminals.
I swear I'm convinced with every post you make that you've got the most ironic screen name on ATS

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
gee, first it was separating all the families at the border was kind of like, well, it's a deterrent to discourage others not to make the trip. then it was well, they broke the law, it's not like any of us can retain custody of the kids when are are sent to jail...
now it's, well, wait, we have to test each one through dna, ya know, they might be trafficked!

considering that some of the mothers are now saying that they were told when the kids were taken from them that they'd never see them again, they would be deported without them, and the kids would be adopted out...
got to ask..
just who is trafficking the kids here?

Sources?

So you are saying you have no concerns with the kids being held as sex slaves? I think you should educate yourself by reading this. After reading this please comment what you think.

DNA testing is just one of the many tools used to help combat human trafficking and other crimes.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSensible
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Personally, I think this is a fantastic idea. Everyone knows that you can't possibly be a parent to a child that isn't biologically related to you. It's a pretty foolproof plan. Science: 1, Immigrant Liberal Swine: 0

They are conducting DNA tests to see if those so called “parents” are actually their parents or in fact their sex slave owners. I say the extent we go through with the expenditure of these procedures to protect these children shows a very valiant effort by this administration.

This is also a really good point. It would be a really bad idea to ask the children if they were being used as sex slaves and/or had been kidnapped. They would be incapable of answering truthfully, because Mexican children are just future bad hombres biding their time (also, their feeble minds can't comprehend English). There is no chance that anything could go wrong here.

Of course they are interviewed thoroughly. DNA testing is just one of the many tools used to combat human trafficking and other crimes. If you were in charge of combating he unspeakable crime of human trafficking wouldn’t you want every tool you can get at your disposal? You think this is a damn joke? Where is your heart?

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

Are they gonna make Mexico pay for it?

I think Mexico should and could be doing a whole hell of a lot more than what they are doing currently to alleviate a lot of these issues we are having at the border, would you agree?

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: Chadwickus

no, there are a few concerned groups and businesses donating the test kits. they are concerned because there is doubt that the gov't could actually reconnect these kids to their parents any other way.

So do you agree with doing everything we can to get the families reunited as quickly as possible including DNA testing?

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Do you know the percentage of children brought in by people not their parents?

I saw a number as low as less than one percent.
I know even that's too high but really this is not an issue with these families who have been separated.
Like the MS13 numbers the number of smuggled children has been wildly exaggerated.
Of course when it turns out to be legitimate paternity or maternity those numbers won't be shared.
Like the nearly one thousand additional children they are reporting this week that was not mentioned last week.

So you think this is NOT AN ISSUE?
edit on 7/6/2018 by Alien Abduct because: Fixed link

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
Makes sense but what about adopted children, like me?

Adoption papers, thorough interviews, contacting the adoption agency etc.
edit on 7/6/2018 by Alien Abduct because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   
DNA tests wouldn't have been necessary were it not for their incompetence to begin with.

dumbassery begets dumbassery begets dumbassery.
Incompetence begets incompetence begets incompetence.

I don't want to accept this idiocy, one right after another, but damn. It's a very sad joke now.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
DNA tests wouldn't have been necessary were it not for their incompetence to begin with.

I don't want to accept this idiocy, one right after another, but damn. It's a very sad joke now.

Speaking of dumbassery, taking someones word for it that the child they are bringing over is theirs, when we have busts every week in the US for child sex slavery, and the majority are coming from across our southern border.

I cant believe you actually posted that with a straight face

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whatthedoctorordered

Speaking of dumbassery, taking someones word for it that the child they are bringing over is theirs, when we have busts every week in the US for child sex slavery, and the majority are coming from across our southern border.

Ohhhh. Excuse me. I forgot how worried and in a panic you and Trump are with concern about all these imprisoned children's well being.

What a joke. I guess saying it makes it seem like you and Trump have an elevated conscience though, right?

Wrong. It's just a talking point. Now they are doing it to cover their asses from future liabilities. Any fool can see that.

If they had bothered to do any paperwork on these families, they would know who the kids are, who the parents are, and how they could put their finger on each one.

but of course they didn't, I mean, it's not like these people are from Texas, or Ohio or somewhere, right?

I mean, they brand cattle. You get a receipt for a hamburger. But your own child who happens to be not American?

It's BS.
edit on 7/6/2018 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Trump is literally trying to mop up the mess Obama created when he opened the "catch and release" floodgate. He didn't create the situation and strangely it wasn't an issue at all under those responsible for it. Go figure.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

I think Mexico should and could be doing a whole hell of a lot more than what they are doing currently to alleviate a lot of these issues we are having at the border, would you agree?

They will be, with their new President.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

We’re sorry......we weren’t aware you were on the border and involved and know exactly what was done or wasn’t......

Please almighty one......excuse our ignorance!

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whatthedoctorordered

If they had bothered to do any paperwork on these families, they would know who the kids are, who the parents are, and how they could put their finger on each one.

It's BS.

Umm, these are people sneaking into the country illegally. Their whole goal is to avoid detection and identification. If they get detained by the border patrol they have failed their objective. How hard is that to understand?

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I saw this article today, and some of my suspicions were reaffirmed. This freakin' breaks my heart!

Woman accused of selling 7-yr. old boy and attempted to sell two others!

NUECES COUNTY, Texas – Authorities have arrested a woman accused of selling one child and trying to sell two others.

KRIS reported that 29-year-old Esmeralda Garza was jailed under a $100,000 bond in Nueces County on a charge of sale or purchase of a child.

The suspect is accused of selling a 7-year-old boy to two men. Authorities said two more children were in the process of being sold, a 2-year-old girl and a 3-year-old girl.

Garza was arrested after a raid Friday morning in the Corpus Christi area and may face additional charges. Two other people with the suspect were arrested on drug charges.

Not much info to go on. Were they hers? Were they brought here illegally? So many questions and not enough answers.

YES to DNA testing of these people that come illegally. Let's make sure these kids are safe.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Not taking into account Adoption or other circumstances...

Imagine if it was the Left that was doing this, you rightists would be all over the "NWO Luciferian Satanic globalists" taking the DNA illegally

Cafeteria Liberation
edit on 6-7-2018 by XAnarchistX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Enderdog

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

They will be, with their new President.

In what way?

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   

I'm not surprised that leftists are against this.

It might illustrate how prevalent human trafficking actually is.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Incompetence or under staffed under funded overcrowded and over worked? Funny how you all like to complain so much about how the Trump administration is supposedly botching every issue they put their hands on yet you people offer no alternative solutions.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Just get them illegals the Hell out of our country, simple. Make sure to reunite their freeloader kids with them too so they leave with the parents. Give them all a visa card with travel money on it that can only work in atm's that have gps coordinates outside of the US borders, it would be a lot cheaper than the huge charade we are paying for now. There can be bonus reward cash for when the card reaches the destination country where they belong.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join