It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DNA tests are in the works for separated migrant children and parents

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 02:50 AM
link   

(CNN) Whether this practice is beneficial or unethical depends on who you ask.

DNA tests are being performed on children and parents in an attempt to reunite migrant families separated at the US border, said a federal official with knowledge of the reunifications.

Yeah let’s call them “parents” even though these adults coming over with these children could absolutely be lying (and do all the time) about their relationship with the child. Let’s also call them “migrant families” because it just sounds more digestible as opposed to the hard to digest truth that they are in fact immigrants that are residing in this country illegally.

"The safety and security is paramount, and it is not uncommon for children to be trafficked or smuggled by those claiming to be parents," the official said.

Yes a little common sense. I’m shocked CNN even put this tidbit in their slanted “reporting”.
Furthermore with this in mind and in print they bounce back to bottom feeder status and post this.....

"This is a further demonstration of administration's incompetence and admission of guilt. This further drives home the point we've been saying: They never registered parents and children properly," RAICES communications director Jennifer K. Falcon said.

Falcon also said it's not possible the migrant children -- some as young as two months old -- are giving their consent to DNA testing.

The organization said they'd never heard of conducting DNA tests to reunite families before and they don't support the move.

How else are we supposed to know for certain that the adult that accompanied the child to our border is in fact their mother or father and not just their “owner”?

They are conducting DNA tests to see if those so called “parents” are actually their parents or in fact their sex slave owners. I say the extent we go through with the expenditure of these procedures to protect these children shows a very valiant effort by this administration.

There is unfortunately plenty more crap to point out in that article.

What do you guys think? SOURCE

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 03:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

The UK tests DNA of alleged families who illegally enter the country. Every illegal immigrant has their DNA taken so if they come back after being kicked out it's easier to kick them out again.
I have no problem with it and I don't know of any British people who do have a problem with it.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Are they gonna make Mexico pay for it?

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Personally, I think this is a fantastic idea. Everyone knows that you can't possibly be a parent to a child that isn't biologically related to you. It's a pretty foolproof plan. Science: 1, Immigrant Liberal Swine: 0

They are conducting DNA tests to see if those so called “parents” are actually their parents or in fact their sex slave owners. I say the extent we go through with the expenditure of these procedures to protect these children shows a very valiant effort by this administration.

This is also a really good point. It would be a really bad idea to ask the children if they were being used as sex slaves and/or had been kidnapped. They would be incapable of answering truthfully, because Mexican children are just future bad hombres biding their time (also, their feeble minds can't comprehend English). There is no chance that anything could go wrong here.
edit on 6-7-2018 by MrSensible because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 03:11 AM
link   

I think the Administration should follow what the Federal Judge ordered. Thirty days to reunite kids with parents. I think 20 days are left.

Going forward, send the illegal indivudals/families/units right back across the border, before the 20 day "release" mandate arrives.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 03:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrSensible

Personally, I think this is a fantastic idea. Everyone knows that you can't possibly be a parent to a child that isn't biologically related to you. It's a pretty foolproof plan. Science: 1, Immigrant Liberal Swine: 0

I have 2 children who aren't biologically related to me. I'm not biologically related to my Mom or Dad. People in other countries adopt too. In cartel countries, lots of orphans are created, and subsequently adopted.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 03:16 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSensible

Britain will accept step parent relationships but if you enter illegally or overstay a tourist visa illegally you will be detained, have your DNA taken then get kicked out.
The UK strictly follows the rule that if you have been in a safe country before arriving in Britain then you can't claim asylum here.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

no, there are a few concerned groups and businesses donating the test kits. they are concerned because there is doubt that the gov't could actually reconnect these kids to their parents any other way.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I think that poster’s sarcasm went right over your head.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   

This is more Trump did it, we hate Trump so we must hate the policy.

I actually made a comment a few weeks ago that I thought DNA testing was the best solution for the saftey of the children.

The left media doesn't care ahout the children and in their utter stupidity they make it clearer and clearer each day with each new "fake issue". What else should we expect from the "fake news".

edit on 6-7-2018 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Yes because immigrants fleeing their country with nothing are prime candidates for adoptive parents.

There is nothing wrong with DNA tests. I'm absolutely sure that if the children were legally adopted the parents could provide proof or at least point the officials to the adoption agency that could verify the claim.

They are not going to be taking kids from parents, biological or not.

This is about child safety right?

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Do you know the percentage of children brought in by people not their parents?

I saw a number as low as less than one percent.
I know even that's too high but really this is not an issue with these families who have been separated.
Like the MS13 numbers the number of smuggled children has been wildly exaggerated.
Of course when it turns out to be legitimate paternity or maternity those numbers won't be shared.
Like the nearly one thousand additional children they are reporting this week that was not mentioned last week.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

So we should let the 1% of traffickets go through because the other 99% are ligit.

What happened to the outcry? If only ome child is seperated from their parents it's outrageous and inhumane?

But if the 1% of traffickers get through that's ok?

Do the anti-Trumpers hear themselves at all?

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

I don't think anyone has a problem with it as long as records are maintained that guarantee the children are returned to their parents.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   

This is nothing new--DNA tests can and are done to prove familial relationships between adults and children at the border all of the time, regardless as to whether or not they're coming in illegally, properly applying for asylum, or whatever.

The fact that this is just being reported at this point in the game shows that these media outlets (term used lightly) seek, foster, and promote emotional responses first and foremost, then when it gets to a point where logical people have countered the emotional reaction long enough to start taking hold, they come out and talk about the realities of the situation.

It's a pathetic tactic, but a calculated one.

This should have been reported on and explained from the beginning, but we all can safely assume why it hasn't been made a prominent piece of reporting in the MSM.

edit on 6-7-2018 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Sincere question: Are you implying that you think that these separations are not warranted just because the percentage of claimed family relationships that turn out to be false is low? I don't know if that's what you're saying, or if you just wanted to point out the number.

The problem lies at the feet of the parents--if they do not bring legal documentation proving their relationship with the children, then we must do everything possible to ensure that these children are not being trafficked. I mean, even the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child mandates that:

Article 35

States Parties shall take all appropriate national, bilateral and
multilateral measures to prevent the abduction of, the sale of or traffic
in children for any purpose or in any form.

Article 36

States Parties shall protect the child against all other forms of
exploitation prejudicial to any aspects of the child's welfare.

So, even though I'm not a fan of the UN, since we are a participating member, at the very least, we must recognize the mandated authority and responsibility to ensure that every child coming into our country is not being trafficked, kidnapped, or exploited in any other way.

Even if it is only 1% of claimed relationships being false, we have to do our due diligence with this issue, if not legally, then morally--one child is too many if we can stop it.

But like you said, we also need to ensure that families are reconnected at 100%, too, after the testing is complete.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Makes sense but what about adopted children, like me?

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Do you know the percentage of children brought in by people not their parents?

I saw a number as low as less than one percent.
I know even that's too high but really this is not an issue with these families who have been separated.
Like the MS13 numbers the number of smuggled children has been wildly exaggerated.
Of course when it turns out to be legitimate paternity or maternity those numbers won't be shared.
Like the nearly one thousand additional children they are reporting this week that was not mentioned last week.

Right so the number of kidnapped children sex salves are just a small amount so we should worry about it lol good one.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   
gee, first it was separating all the families at the border was kind of like, well, it's a deterrent to discourage others not to make the trip. then it was well, they broke the law, it's not like any of us can retain custody of the kids when are are sent to jail...
now it's, well, wait, we have to test each one through dna, ya know, they might be trafficked!

considering that some of the mothers are now saying that they were told when the kids were taken from them that they'd never see them again, they would be deported without them, and the kids would be adopted out...
got to ask..
just who is trafficking the kids here?

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: MrSensible

I have 2 children who aren't biologically related to me. I'm not biologically related to my Mom or Dad. People in other countries adopt too. In cartel countries, lots of orphans are created, and subsequently adopted.

If you and your children were to be put in that situation would you lie and say that they are your biological children? I’m willing to guess no. This test would help to determine truth if someone is lying. There are a lot of other ways that DNA testing can benefit the migrant children and adults too.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join