It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Philadelphia Bike Cops Wipe Out Occupy ICE Tent City Many Snowflakes Outraged 07/05/2018

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: poncho1982

originally posted by: SaturnFX

Nobody was denied a right to protest. They were told to NOT block the street or set up permanent encampments. They did both.

I agree with the no blocking a path to obstruct traffic (foot or auto), and those schmucks deserve a handcuff bracelet. As far as "permanent encampment"...not sure if a umbrella qualifies as that. You are allowed to protest, without a permit, for as long as you want unless you are using things like mics and stuff...then you need a permit...but if you want to sit under a umbrella and shout about whats on your mind you can do that until the cows come home. 1st amendment. ppl literally died so we can do that.

There were tents, and four post shelters set up in the street, that qualifies as a permanent encampment.

Get out of here with your pesky facts. There's a narrative to sell.

The narrative of how we can protest when and how we want was sold in 1776.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Nobody was denied a right to protest. They were told to NOT block the street or set up permanent encampments. They did both.

I agree with the no blocking a path to obstruct traffic (foot or auto), and those schmucks deserve a handcuff bracelet. As far as "permanent encampment"...not sure if a umbrella qualifies as that. You are allowed to protest, without a permit, for as long as you want unless you are using things like mics and stuff...then you need a permit...but if you want to sit under a umbrella and shout about whats on your mind you can do that until the cows come home. 1st amendment. ppl literally died so we can do that.

There were tents, and four post shelters set up in the street, that qualifies as a permanent encampment.

There are tents at oktoberfest...nobody gives a toss
besides, so what
Protesting Rights

Did you even read that link?

Oktoberfest had a permit, and was an all inclusive festival for the community.

If you cannot see the difference here, I can't help you.
edit on 7-7-2018 by poncho1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   
"Your Papers please!"

Oh, wait a minute ... uh ..

"Your Permits please!"

It's disgusting to see so many who claim to love the Constitution and Liberty showing their true authoritarian streaks.

All rights are subject to the limits of others except religion and the right to bear arms ... oh, and speech when the right folks are talking.

Those are sacrosanct. All others should be ridiculed and excuses made for police state actions.

It would be hilarious if it were not so fing tragic.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   

There are tents at oktoberfest...nobody gives a toss
besides, so what
Protesting Rights

Did you even read that link?

Oktoberfest had a permit, and was an all inclusive festival for the community.

If you cannot see the difference here, I can't help you.

I read it. Unless that city demands no protest can set up any type of tent or umbrella structure or table with drinks, then what they did was not abiding by the 1st. This was targeted against them and their protest.

The Oktoberfest was a bit hyperbole, but point is, when they set their tents up, its not like they are going to be there forever.
Example, my little town has a art fest in the downtown area every second friday of the month...during that night, they have tons of tents...they set up at about noon, and are breaking down come 10pm...but its a sea of tents. Nobody in their right minds thinks they are going to try and be there for months on end.
This thread has been saying...omg, some tents...they have moved in.
Maybe a night or two, sure....thats a sit in protest.

As far as what the protest is about, its utter nonsense and trash signifying nothing...but their right to protest is something I think we all should be siding with until the iron fist of the government proves without any doubt the whole thing was somehow a extremely disruptive event.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join