It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Philadelphia Bike Cops Wipe Out Occupy ICE Tent City Many Snowflakes Outraged 07/05/2018

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX
in other news...
right wing now seemingly cheering on the loss of the right to assemble and protest, tossing the constitution away in favor of a police state.

For years I heard a bunch of turkeys screeching about how Obama was gonna declare martial law, stop the right to protest, etc...which never happened.
Now a new guy with a different political letter in front of his name is genuinely doing that and the same twits are cheering....
Bros....guess what happens once your boy is out of office...gonna suddenly remember that you give a s--t about the constitution? Well, precedence is made...well done. Keep clapping, monkeys.

Protesting is one thing. Blocking the entrances or exits of the ICE building is a safety hazard. I’m all for people protesting for what they believe in but you can’t block ambulances or emergency exits and stupid crap like that.

They had plenty of warning but failed in their attempt to be on the smart side of the situation. Stupid is as stupid does, right Mama?

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSensible

I gave you a star for the hilarious post, thanks for the laugh. Seems it’s all most of your posts are good for.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: TinfoilTP

The new face of Commie Pinko.

Same as the old face, but with less hair, and less free love.

Oh there's plenty of free love:

Sexual assault and rape was rampant at Occupy Wall Street. I'm sure this Occupy movement will be no different. Male feminists are predators.

Then they'll be told to keep quiet like these victims were to avoid hurting the "movement" (read: cult).
edit on 6 7 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman
I wonder how they all got their employers to let them have vacation time so they can protest for weeks.

Soros has deep pockets I hear.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   

in other news...
right wing now seemingly cheering on the loss of the right to assemble and protest, tossing the constitution away in favor of a police state.

For years I heard a bunch of turkeys screeching about how Obama was gonna declare martial law, stop the right to protest, etc...which never happened.
Now a new guy with a different political letter in front of his name is genuinely doing that and the same twits are cheering....
Bros....guess what happens once your boy is out of office...gonna suddenly remember that you give a s--t about the constitution? Well, precedence is made...well done. Keep clapping, monkeys.

Nobody was denied a right to protest. They were told to NOT block the street or set up permanent encampments. They did both.

Police State? I think you need to look that term up. It's not what you think. Because as soon as those "protesters" (rather public nuisances) were cleared, 99.9% of the people got to go about their day. That's not even close to a Police State.

All they had to do, was stand to the side, scream and yell, and hold up signs all they want. They would have been fine.

But NO...... they know that means people can walk on by and ignore them (as is THEIR right) and so that made a peaceful, lawful protest not good enough for them. So they broke the law. They knew they were breaking the law, yet they persisted in their actions.

Actions have consequences, that's what civilized society is all about.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSensible
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Hah! Take that, liberal scum!
I only wish they had all been beaten and tear-gassed for believing different things than I do! Even though I'm against the police state, I love it when the police state does what I want to people I don't like!

"Police state" that didn't use tear gas or beat people....

The left cannot meme or troll, people. This is your proof.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   

in other news...

They were allowed to protest, just not camp out and block the doors.

What more do you want?

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: poncho1982

in other news...

Nobody was denied a right to protest. They were told to NOT block the street or set up permanent encampments. They did both.

If they couldn't lie, they'd have no platform.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

Where in the constitution does it say you can block others from doing business, or interfere with everyone else like these misnamed "protesters" are doing?

The constitution isn't something you can use like a "magic do anything I want and get away with it card"

TDS syndrome much?

Blah blah
If someone was blocking a business, you remove those specific individuals if they don't move.
You don't shut down an entire protest because Jack put his tent in the walkway.

Also, to the folks who said they were without permits and all that nonsense...you read the same article I did...it didn't say anything of the sort. It simply said it was shut down. Y'all fillin in the blanks when it suits you without anything to back you up. Cheer the censorship...then scramble and make s--t up to try and justify your bullcrap.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

What more do you want?

Then you arrest the ppl blocking while letting the rest of the protest carry on...and arrest anyone who jumps in their place.

What you don't do is shut down the million man march because some dude broke a window.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

What more do you want?

Then you arrest the ppl blocking while letting the rest of the protest carry on...and arrest anyone who jumps in their place.

What you don't do is shut down the million man march because some dude broke a window.

That sure didn't look like as much as a thousand for this event.

And yea, you should clear the streets after warning them 1st that they are in violation of the laws before arresting all not conforming to the laws allowing people to pass by unhindered. It is fairly easy to comply with that but they chose to not move. It is their free will that they chance getting that day in court they might think they want.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I thought all lives matter ?

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: SaturnFX

This was not a protest... this was a temper tantrum.

More like a champagne liberals' picnic outing.

Seriously.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 11:02 PM
link   

I agree with the no blocking a path to obstruct traffic (foot or auto), and those schmucks deserve a handcuff bracelet. As far as "permanent encampment"...not sure if a umbrella qualifies as that. You are allowed to protest, without a permit, for as long as you want unless you are using things like mics and stuff...then you need a permit...but if you want to sit under a umbrella and shout about whats on your mind you can do that until the cows come home. 1st amendment. ppl literally died so we can do that.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: SaturnFX

This was not a protest... this was a temper tantrum.

More like a champagne liberals' picnic outing.

Seriously.

No bro, you gotta get the talking points right. It wasn't a picnic outing, it was a permanent encampment...basically a fort...of umbrellas or some crap.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 11:24 PM
link   

I agree with the no blocking a path to obstruct traffic (foot or auto), and those schmucks deserve a handcuff bracelet. As far as "permanent encampment"...not sure if a umbrella qualifies as that. You are allowed to protest, without a permit, for as long as you want unless you are using things like mics and stuff...then you need a permit...but if you want to sit under a umbrella and shout about whats on your mind you can do that until the cows come home. 1st amendment. ppl literally died so we can do that.

That's not as clear cut as you think. Laws that prohibit you from making too much of a nuisance of yourself don't violate the First Amendment. If you want to stand out there and try talking to people about your subject of choice, you're probably fine. If you're screaming and making a scene, a lot of jurisdictions will have laws against that like disturbing the peace, or if people find your antics threatening you can get charged with menacing. There are limits to free speech. You have no right to drive everyone within several hundred yards up the freaking wall.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   

There were tents, and four post shelters set up in the street, that qualifies as a permanent encampment.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   

There were tents, and four post shelters set up in the street, that qualifies as a permanent encampment.

Get out of here with your pesky facts. There's a narrative to sell.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Meldionne1

is that so

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   

There are tents at oktoberfest...nobody gives a toss
besides, so what
Protesting Rights

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join