It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Philadelphia Bike Cops Wipe Out Occupy ICE Tent City Many Snowflakes Outraged 07/05/2018

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

That video made my day.

Thanks

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: rexsblues

originally posted by: SaturnFX
in other news...
right wing now seemingly cheering on the loss of the right to assemble and protest, tossing the constitution away in favor of a police state.

Setting up camp in the middle of the street without a permit and blocking traffic, isn't protesting. It's disturbing the peace.

Exactly.

They knew it was wrong and were warned.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman
I wonder how they all got their employers to let them have vacation time so they can protest for weeks.

BWAHAHAHA!

"employers" lol good one

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

originally posted by: Pyle

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

in other news...
right wing now seemingly cheering on the loss of the right to assemble and protest, tossing the constitution away in favor of a police state.

For years I heard a bunch of turkeys screeching about how Obama was gonna declare martial law, stop the right to protest, etc...which never happened.
Now a new guy with a different political letter in front of his name is genuinely doing that and the same twits are cheering....
Bros....guess what happens once your boy is out of office...gonna suddenly remember that you give a s--t about the constitution? Well, precedence is made...well done. Keep clapping, monkeys.

Where in the constitution does it say you can block others from doing business, or interfere with everyone else like these misnamed "protesters" are doing?

The constitution isn't something you can use like a "magic do anything I want and get away with it card"

TDS syndrome much?

We have the right to protest but I dont remember a right to do business.

www.loc.gov...

The Supreme Court of the United States has held that the First Amendment protects the right to conduct a peaceful public assembly.[3] The right to assemble is not, however, absolute. Government officials cannot simply prohibit a public assembly in their own discretion,[4] but the government can impose restrictions on the time, place, and manner of peaceful assembly, provided that constitutional safeguards are met.[5] Time, place, and manner restrictions are permissible so long as they “are justified without reference to the content of the regulated speech, . . . are narrowly tailored to serve a significant governmental interest, and . . . leave open ample alternative channels for communication of the information.”[6]

The First Amendment does not provide the right to conduct an assembly at which there is a clear and present danger of riot, disorder, or interference with traffic on public streets, or other immediate threat to public safety or order.[13] Statutes that prohibit people from assembling and using force or violence to accomplish unlawful purposes are permissible under the First Amendment.[14]

The Constitution and the law are not their strong suit...

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   

I saw this and shared on social media--I'm glad to see that those tasked with enforcing the laws by the taxpayers of that area are doing just that.

The consequence-free existence of these "occupy" movements needs to be shut down like this. The way that they were coddled in times like when they were at Zuccotti Park are hopefully over, and these nogoodniks who think that they can squat on public land in order to pout and protest.

On a side note--that dude with the umbrella looks like a f***ing psycho!

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

originally posted by: MrSensible

originally posted by: 727Sky
With all the armored vehicles the police have these days I guess these little darlings are lucky the cops brought bicycles instead.

They were warned.. The guy who was acting so tough would have been one of the first taken down if I would have had anything to do with it.

Hell yeah, that's what I'm talking about. I woulda cracked his skull open and put a grenade inside. Then fed him to the rest of the protesters.

Hell, why stop there? Then I would've tied him to the hood of my car like a prized buck and did donuts on his parents' lawn. Then I pull out my AK-47s and unload on their front porch. Both the AKs are fed by mile-long bandoliers so I never run out until the house is just splinters. Then I ride my Harley up over the ashes and do a wheelie on his grandma's face. She dies, but not before learning what happens to dissenters in MY AMERICA.

His name is erased from the history books, even uttering it is a crime. They raise a statue in my honor and women throw themselves at me. I ascend to God-King status after being elected President and earning every Nobel Prize in every category. My name is sung in churches for a thousand years until my eventual resurrection; when I inevitably cast all liberals into the fiery pits of hell and -

Actually this sort of got away from me. I'll stop here

WOW...

Dude really? Do you even read what you Just typed? You are mad just to say the least.

Yes, i noticed he does this a lot, hes a lefty going way too far in mocking the righty

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

a reply to: MrSensible

Considering your ATS name and the rhetoric you use you are far from sensible.

Ummm...methinks there was a tad of hyperbole....with a dash of sarcasm...and some irony thrown into the mix...

All in the name of good fun...

In both of his/her/? posts...

But what do I know...I'm the veritable king of sarc/...meself...

YouSir

Yeah, I picked up nothing but heavy sarcasm in both posts myself, I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: xBWOMPx

With all the armored vehicles the police have these days I guess these little darlings are lucky the cops brought bicycles instead.

They were warned.. The guy who was acting so tough would have been one of the first taken down if I would have had anything to do with it.

Hell yeah, that's what I'm talking about. I woulda cracked his skull open and put a grenade inside. Then fed him to the rest of the protesters.

Hell, why stop there? Then I would've tied him to the hood of my car like a prized buck and did donuts on his parents' lawn. Then I pull out my AK-47s and unload on their front porch. Both the AKs are fed by mile-long bandoliers so I never run out until the house is just splinters. Then I ride my Harley up over the ashes and do a wheelie on his grandma's face. She dies, but not before learning what happens to dissenters in MY AMERICA.

His name is erased from the history books, even uttering it is a crime. They raise a statue in my honor and women throw themselves at me. I ascend to God-King status after being elected President and earning every Nobel Prize in every category. My name is sung in churches for a thousand years until my eventual resurrection; when I inevitably cast all liberals into the fiery pits of hell and -

WOW...

Dude really? Do you even read what you Just typed? You are mad just to say the least.

Yes, i noticed he does this a lot, hes a lefty going way too far in mocking the righty

I can’t tell if he is being serious or not. And because of that I am concerned. I know I am allaroundyou but I don’t want to be anywhere near this dude.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   

in other news...

For years I heard a bunch of turkeys screeching about how Obama was gonna declare martial law, stop the right to protest, etc...which never happened.
Now a new guy with a different political letter in front of his name is genuinely doing that and the same twits are cheering....
Bros....guess what happens once your boy is out of office...gonna suddenly remember that you give a s--t about the constitution? Well, precedence is made...well done. Keep clapping, monkeys.

It seems a shame to waste such time and effort railing against something you really don't understand. But I suppose it is your time to waste.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I cannot stop laughing at the mean face commie tying to be tough holding a pink flowered umbrella.

This stuff is solid gold hahahaha.

The new face of Commie Pinko.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   
They were blocking an ICE entrance. So the idea they were blocking business from being dong is pretty silly. Gov officials don't work, please get that through your heads (I know). Philly is huge and 1 street to have to go around can is not a big deal...

Yeah, but Murica and all...

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: xBWOMPx

WOW...

I can’t tell if he is being serious or not. And because of that I am concerned. I know I am allaroundyou but I don’t want to be anywhere near this dude.

LOL right, he's the creepy guy in moms basement with an always creepy smile agreeing with everyone not saying much and trying to get the kids in his windowless ice cream van

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   
When I see protestors like this

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Ummm...methinks there was a tad of hyperbole....with a dash of sarcasm...and some irony thrown into the mix...

YouSir

It's been my experience that sarcasm isn't recognized by those with high school mentalities.

That's what makes it so much fun when they take it seriously.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

YouSir

It's been my experience that sarcasm isn't recognized by those with high school mentalities.

That's what makes it so much fun when they take it seriously.

Is that sarcasm?

Just for you.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   
good i love it , i only wish they would tase these idiots while their at it. "monsters!! how do you sleep at night??" lol crybabies

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

The new face of Commie Pinko.

Same as the old face, but with less hair, and less free love.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   
All the people shrieking and squawking it is amazing the police could hear themselves think

These protesters broke the law and acted surprised when they were taken to task on it. You can't block ingress/egress over whatever wedge issue you feel like protesting that news cycle

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Show me your WAR face!

OK that didn't work....Show me your playground FACE!... Better

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: SR1TX
They were blocking an ICE entrance. So the idea they were blocking business from being dong is pretty silly. Gov officials don't work, please get that through your heads (I know). Philly is huge and 1 street to have to go around can is not a big deal...

Yeah, but Murica and all...

It's against the law to block federal build access. In these cases they will give a time that they need to vacate the area and if they don't then what you see happens.

Here is some ACLU guidelines...

You have a constitutionally protected right to engage in peaceful protest in “traditional public forums” such as streets, sidewalks or parks. But in some cases the government can impose restrictions on this kind of activity by requiring permits. This is constitutional as long as the permit requirements are reasonable, and treat all groups the same no matter what the focus of the rally or protest.

The government cannot impose permit restrictions or deny a permit simply because it does not like the message of a certain speaker or group.

Generally, you have the right to distribute literature, hold signs, collect petition signatures, and engage in other similar activities while on public sidewalks or in front of government buildings as long as you are not disrupting other people, forcing passerby to accept leaflets or causing traffic problems.

Under the USA Patriot Act, non-US citizens who are not permanent residents can be investigated solely because of their First Amendment activities. Immigrants who choose to engage in a protest, march, or a demonstration should carry with them the telephone numbers of friends and relatives, as well as the telephone numbers of an immigration attorney or an immigrant advocacy organization.

Limitations on Speech
The First Amendment does not protect speech that is combined with the violation of established laws such as trespassing, disobeying or interfering with a lawful order by a police officer. Also unprotected are malicious statements about public officials and obscene speech.

Although an inflammatory speaker cannot be punished for merely arousing an audience, a speaker can be arrested for incitement if he/she advocates imminent violence or specifically provokes people to commit unlawful actions.

Limitations on Action
Demonstrators who engage in civil disobedience – defined as non-violent unlawful action as a form of protest – are not protected under the First Amendment. People who engage in civil disobedience should be prepared to be arrested or fined as part of their protest activity.

If you endanger others while protesting, you can be arrested. A protest that blocks vehicular or pedestrian traffic is illegal without a permit.

You do not have the right to block a building entrance or physically harass people. The general rule is that free speech activity cannot take place on private property, including shopping malls, without consent of the property owner. You do not have the right to remain on private property after being told to leave by the owner.

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join