It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurricane? BERYL Thread...Could be 1st of the Season! Quickly Intensifying in the Atlantic......

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: JugHead
They should name Hurricanes after failed Presidents.

I dont think a hurricane can do as much damage as Obama has.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: TexasTruth

He didn't say which presidents. You went there.

There could be a William if we have a lot of named storms but probably won't get to W. I only remember that happening once in recent times.
We could have a Kirk if you want to switch to star trek characters instead of presidents.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Yep. The season in June to Nov. but the real season is July to Sept when the water is good and warm. I was in the ocean the other day and I'm sure it's over seventy five because I walked right in. And we've had a prolonged period of still air and high temps. Just the recipe for good development.

I'll mosey on over to NOAA and see what they are thinking. Also a good water vapor map can show you larger air patterns and trends. For those of us who don't have all those computer programs the forecasters do. I do it the old-fashioned way with air patterns water vapor and ocean temperatures. Look over the Atlantic but also over the eastern Pacific and western states for trends that will be steering components to any storms.
I like to see how accurate I can be. I love storms and I fear them when they grow big.

A cat one can be cause for a party and dancing in the rain. A cat three is boarding up Windows and anything over that is pack the car time.
We call cat ones tree cleaners. Dead branches old vines dead leaves get cleaned out. Not too much damage. Not much flooding it any. A few high tides can be a problem if you live on the shore. I'll watch the water it's only a few hundred feet away.

Beryl is in a good area for development. Nice and clear all the way around. There's a front that will impact it but I don't know if it will sweep up northward in front of it or be held in a southern position under it.
There's a trough over the middle of the U.S. That will surely keep it southward if it doesn't scoot out ahead of the front ahead of the trough. lol. That trough is what's been keeping us all inside with the air conditioners for the past week and it's a slow slow mover.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Don't I know it, I grew up in FL, hurricane season is generally a "Eh, whatever" thing to them. Nobody really starts to get worried about anything until the 2's start looking like being a 3 is a possibility

As for historical, Jesuit is full of s#. It's not the first by any means:

Major May-June-July Hurricanes
All Early Season Major Hurricanes, Ranked by Wind Speeds:

1. Emily July 17, 2005 160 South of Jamaica
2. Dennis July 10, 2005 145 Gulf of Mexico
4. Unnnamed Hurricane July 26, 1926 140 Bahamas
6. Bertha July 8, 2008 120 Southeast of Bermuda
7. Unnamed Hurricane July 5, 1916 120 Gulf of Mexico
8. Unnamed Hurricane July 14, 1916 115 South Carolina
11. Anna July 21, 1961 115 Southern Caribbean
12. Bertha July 9, 1996 115 North of the Domincan Republic

Oh look, 8 of the 12 strongest early season hurricanes were in July. Yeah, nothing extraordinary here, it happens once in a while. Just have to keep an eye on the Saharan dust forecasts, that can kill a season faster than chilled water.
edit on 7/6/2018 by Nyiah because: Helps if I don't botch the tags

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Am not ....just got off the throne! & Beryl is the first named hurricane this season the last one according the weather channel was just a tropical storm....lol

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I would keep an eye on the Carolina coast next week, something doesn't look right. It isn't Beryl.
a reply to: TheJesuit

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   

You mean Lincoln, LBJ, Bush and Husain Obama I mean Barry soetoe. Trump would be big, orange and full of flying crap.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   

I look at the Indian ocean too. See what rain may cross the continent.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   

It's true Alberto developed a few weeks back at the very end of May but never got past tropical storm strength. Everyone east of the Mississippi got some rain from it as it crossed the Ohio river valley and shot North over New England into the Canadian Maritimes

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheJesuit

Am not ....just got off the throne! & Beryl is the first named hurricane this season the last one according the weather channel was just a tropical storm....lol

Yeah, so what? Some letter or another is going to be the first hurricane every year, it's nothing new or unusual.

Beryl is VERY tiny. It's hurricane force winds only extend 10 miles out from the center, and it's TS force winds only 35. The eye itself is only 6 miles across. It's a runt, smaller than Marco was.

Being that small also means it's highly susceptible to whatever detriments the atmosphere & ocean throw at it. One instance of wrapping that dry air in from the north, and toes up is a very good bet.
Tomorrow, it's forecast to venture into high wind shear territory & low humidity. That's usually a strength death knell, especially for smaller storms. Considering those, I don't see how it has any other option other than weakening & just being a TS soaker event for whatever land it hits.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   

just got off the throne! & Beryl is the first named hurricane this season the last one according the weather channel was just a tropical storm....lol

Every hurricane is named and every hurricane was a tropical storm.
edit on 7/6/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   

I just read that it's forecast to strengthen over the next couple of days then weaken over the Caribbean. There are hurricane warnings on several islands for this weekend.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

I just read that it's forecast to strengthen over the next couple of days then weaken over the Caribbean. There are hurricane warnings on several islands for this weekend.

That's not what the 8:00 from the NHC says. There are no hurricane warnings up at all yet, let alone any TS warnings.

SUMMARY OF 800 PM AST...0000 UTC...INFORMATION
----------------------------------------------
LOCATION...10.6N 48.3W
ABOUT 925 MI...1490 KM ESE OF THE LESSER ANTILLES
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS...80 MPH...130 KM/H
PRESENT MOVEMENT...W OR 270 DEGREES AT 15 MPH...24 KM/H
MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE...994 MB...29.36 INCHES

WATCHES AND WARNINGS
--------------------
CHANGES WITH THIS ADVISORY:

None.

SUMMARY OF WATCHES AND WARNINGS IN EFFECT:

A Hurricane Watch is in effect for...
* Dominica

A Tropical Storm Watch is in effect for...
* Martinique
* Guadeloupe
* St. Martin
* St. Barthelemy

A Hurricane Watch means that hurricane conditions are possible
within the watch area.

A Tropical Storm Watch means that tropical storm conditions are
possible within the watch area.

www.nhc.noaa.gov...

As for strengthening, it could. It really depends on how the shear & low humidity treat it. I know they're forecasting strengthening, but I'm super skeptical about it. If it were a normal sized storm, I'd be much less so.
I'm no pro, however, it's just my personal opinion based on years past.

Maximum sustained winds are near 80 mph (130 km/h) with higher
gusts. Some strengthening is forecast during the next couple of
days, and Beryl could still be a hurricane when it reaches the
Lesser Antilles late Sunday or Monday. Weakening is expected once
Beryl reaches the eastern Caribbean Sea on Monday, but the system
may not degenerate into an open trough until it reaches the vicinity
of Hispaniola and the central Caribbean Sea.

Hurricane-force winds extend outward up to 10 miles (20 km) from
the center, and tropical-storm-force winds extend outward up to
35 miles (55 km).

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 03:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: xBWOMPx

I dont think a hurricane can do as much damage as Obama has.

That sounds fairly accurate. It could be a good idea to suggest Soros as well. Maybe we should name Massive Societal Fails after Ignorant and foreign billionaires.
Why should hurricane weather warning systems have all the fun with names? Mix it up a bit.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 03:45 AM
link   
a reply to: hillbilly4rent

I never label Presidents before their time is done.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join