It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human evolution?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 07:41 PM
link   
First of all, I do not want a debate on evolution. I just want some help with some research I'm doing. I would appreciate reliable (i.e. scientific journal, book, professional organization, etc.) information on several areas for now. Please do not post statements that have no references that I can check up on. O.K., here'e what I'm looking for:
1) carrying angle of living apes and monkeys as well as "human ancestors" (I've had a hard time finding info on this especially)
2) body mass of living apes and monkeys as well as estimated body masses of "human ancestors"
3)"primitive" anatomical features of "modern" humans (i.e. brow ridge, receding chin, etc.
4) bias and errors in calculating fossil remains
5) instances of "modern" human fossils being found where they "do not belong"
If you can provide some info or links, thanks alot!

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 12:38 PM
link   
And you want this on religious grounds? Or what?

You might try sticking this in a different forum than "Conspiracies in Religion" to get better results.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 12:59 PM
link   
If you are looking into apes as ancestors, you are looking the wrong way. Apes have been evolving just as long as humans. You should be looking for a COMMON ancestor for both.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   
this sounds like a homework assignment...?

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   
You could try asking scientists at this website:

www.newton.dep.anl.gov...

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by southern_cross3
And you want this on religious grounds? Or what?

You might try sticking this in a different forum than "Conspiracies in Religion" to get better results.

I would post it in the Faith, Spirituality, and Theology forum, but I always get an Error message when I try to get in.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seapeople
If you are looking into apes as ancestors, you are looking the wrong way. Apes have been evolving just as long as humans. You should be looking for a COMMON ancestor for both.

I'm looking for info on apes because I read (unfortunately, no specifics or sources were provided) that orangutans and spider monkeys have carrying angle similar to humans, and that the carrying angle of 'Lucy' might not suggest bipedality at all, but rather adeptness at arboreal pursuits. As for the body mass, I want to see how cranial capacity to mass of apes compare to that of human beings and to those of other Homo species.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by toolmaker

this sounds like a homework assignment...?

No, I'm just trying to get all the facts (college textbooks and lecturers don't even mention scientific problems with evolution)

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
You could try asking scientists at this website:

www.newton.dep.anl.gov...

Thanks for the link.

top topics

join