It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook Bots Label US Declaration of Independence as Hate Speech

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
The part they took offense with wasn't even incorrect given the situation when it was written. This is as stupid as saying Laura Ingalls Wilder's writings were in any way racist. Until 120 years or so ago Americans were actively fighting indians in the western US and yes, by definition of the word, those indians were savages. The modern "noble savage" myth is largely to blame for why modern times seems to be eager to whitewash the fact that the fighting was mutual between the sides and neither party was in the right or the wrong. It was a simple case of cultural clash and land wars and the more powerful side won. It's happened countless times through history and there's just no reason for anyone not directly kin to the side that lost to get all lugubrious over it.

In the case of the natives here before us, they admit taking it from someone else, kidnapping and killing their native neighbors just like what had happened on other continents was occurring in the America's. Technology difference beat the native Americans. We don't get a foothold here if they are stronger or as strong as the Europeans.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Lets hope to god facebook a.i. doesnt take over. Or another a.i. trying to take over another a.i.

<< 1   >>

join